Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2018, 08:50 AM   #113
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Yes it does. Its been around since gen 1.

As for the bowties, there are tons of Chevy fans who are proud of that bowtie. I remember in the 90s, dudes would paint bowties on their 100k dollar street rods with heart beat lines and stuff. Lol "The Heartbeat of America, is Today's (or Yesterday's) Chevrolet"

Not sure how many of ya remember that. Hahaha

I have no problem with the bowties, I just dont think a big hole in the shape of one, dead center in the bumper looks good. Its laughable that GM tries to justify the gimmick as providing substantial air flow... whatever. Ha!
I guess they figured people were buying there Glowtie that lights up like neon at night for the world to see so why not put it front and center , may be they will sell a LED kit for a backlit bowtie .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #114
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
For comparison sake. I actually like this concept on the Cruze, and maybe even the Sonic better than the Camaro SS!
It looks like one ugly family.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #115
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
That’s ok that you don’t like the C7, nothing wrong with that and you weren’t alone, but the general public went absolutely crazy over it at first. Not many care much anymore, naturally. I have so many stories but I’d be here all day. I guarantee you no one’s gonna ask hey can I sit in your 2019 refresh Camaro and have my picture taken? Point is Chevy knows how to make great looking cars that make people say wow look at that! I want one! If most camaro fans are saying eww look at that, it’s foul ball and not the home run the C7 and gen 6 Camaro were.
Don't be that Sure Hommie
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #116
JohnCobalt

Drives: Camaro and Mazda CX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Don't be that Sure Hommie
Hey I said it was a foul ball...at least it’s not a complete strike out

Maybe it’s a long foul just outside the foul pole. Some people get excited about those. To others it’s just a long strike. Ok I’ll stop with the baseball stuff
JohnCobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #117
JohnCobalt

I think you might have been talking about whether or not people will freak out over it. I guess time will tell. Hoping for the best ya know? I don’t want camaro to fail. It’s where I feel most at home.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #118
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCobalt View Post
Hey I said it was a foul ball...at least it’s not a complete strike out

Maybe it’s a long foul just outside the foul pole. Some people get excited about those. To others it’s just a long strike. Ok I’ll stop with the baseball stuff
We got All the Reference ... But Yeah stop it
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #119
JohnCobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
We got All the Reference ... But Yeah stop it
Haha will do!
Old 05-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #120
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Better in red, but meh!

More interested in the hood retrofitting
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #121
KSA464

Drives: 2018 2SS
The all new Impala SS Camery Civic Silverado in red!
KSA464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 AM   #122
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliChillax View Post
I was the first to hate the refresh but if you remove the bowtie and darken the headlights it doesnt look that bad, it's something that will grow into us especially once we see it in person.

cool charger
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:20 AM   #123
mmadden2

Drives: '12 LaCrosse, '14 Encore, '17 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
My point of view is that there are the buyers that can afford to trade cars every 1/2/3 years. Which is great for them. However, there are those, myself included that plan to keep what ever purchase long term. If one plans to keep something 5/7/10 years, you need to love the car from the start. There is no way I would risk the purchase of a controversial or polarizing design & hope it grows on me .

For those that love this refresh, really hope they follow through & purchase it.
^^^ Couldn't agree more ^^^

I'm really fortunate that about a year ago my wife essentially gave me a blank check to buy any new Camaro I wanted. She didn't care what year it was, trim level, color, or transmission. She didn't care what it cost, be it a vert, a coupe, 2SS or ZL1. She basically said... "Buy a car you'll love for a very long time, get the one you really like. You want the supercharger go for it, you want a stick, fine, 8-speed, 10-speed, who cares… just get what makes you happy."

Well it took a while for me to weed through the options, all the while waiting to see the 2019 refresh.

1) I've driven manuals now on and off for 30 years, and while certainly fun for a little while, I don't want one for the long term. I’d like an A8 or A10, so not a 1LE.

2) I don't like the Recaro seats so that takes the ZL1 out. I'm not getting any younger and I want comfort now and in the future (before searching out Camaros, I thought I’d be getting a Corvette but the seats are just too low, I’m not interested in fighting to crawl out of it every time I get somewhere, so that was a no on the Vettes). I'm basically trying to find a car I can be happy driving for possibly decades. I want to buy a keeper.

3) I wanted a car that would age well and be pleasing to look at for a long time. So when the 19's finally arrived and the look was so polarizing to so many, myself included, it looked like they probably weren’t for me. Without any coaching, I showed the new front end to my wife to get a reaction; she made a funny eyebrow wiggle and said… “if that’s what you want”. She’s a poor poker player, but has good taste, she obviously thought it looked weird. The 19’s were out. I'd look for a good deal on a new 16-18 with an A8.

Cars lose their value so horribly that I'm not going to get a lot of chances to "pick whatever you want" over my lifetime. I don’t want to/probably can't afford to trade in frequently looking for the next best thing. I want a Camaro that will become part of the family. I sort of tried to think about the 16-18's vs the 19's in extremes to get a gut feeling. Would either car look great for a long time? The 16-18's seem like they would. Would the '19 end up like buying an AMC Pacer, a Ford Edsel, a Pontiac Aztek? Maybe, why risk it?

It wasn't really that hard of a choice in the end. The A10 isn't something that I'm going to really notice missing and that front end isn't something I want to hope to learn to love.

As I've mentioned in other posts, we ended up going with a leftover 2017 2SS. I found one with every feature I wanted and none that I didn't. I got the color I liked without having to choose a black one just to hide the new bumper line. The car I bought doesn’t need any excuses. I even scored nearly 25% off sticker, which was a nice plus. I drive American cars and it would be nice if they tried to look American. I don't want to drive a Toyota, or any car that has the modern design language of massive grille monstrosities. I want a normal car with a normal a front end, not just a big hole up front. Something that’s good looking today and has a reasonable chance of standing the test of time.

Our new car has been home now for a few weeks and while not as outrageously fast as the ZL1, or as “new” looking as a 2019 we've gotten so many compliments from neighbors and co-workers. It’s fast enough for us, and very comfortable. My wife has driven it to work several times and many co-workers young and old have raved about the color and style, she's given lots of little rides around town and it seems like a big hit. I like it, she likes it, friends, family, co-workers like it. It's a beautiful car, nothing strange about it!

In reality cars are all so similar, they all have doors, steering wheels, tires, engines. I already have a couple of great cars and honestly don’t need a Camaro at all; it’s just a toy for fun and its good looks. Maybe the 2019’s will be perfect for someone, but that someone wasn’t me.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:26 AM   #124
royo

Drives: 1999 Trans Am WS6
I like the refresh. It needs bright wheels though. IMO.
royo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #125
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
are they plan to sell more in asia ?
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #126
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
cool charger
And this is a good reason why the photoshop crap should stop , people come here and they don't even know what they are looking at .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote