Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #15
metwaru

Drives: 2016 I-4 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Nope, no cell here

I'd check and see if you accidentally tweaked something else. Also where did you tap the fuse to?

Thanks, I followed the instructions #50 for the 10-15amp fuse and #6 for the ground. Maybe disconnecting and reconnecting caused it? I'm considering taking to the dealer for a check
Old 02-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #16
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by metwaru View Post
Thanks, I followed the instructions #50 for the 10-15amp fuse and #6 for the ground. Maybe disconnecting and reconnecting caused it? I'm considering taking to the dealer for a check
#6 for the ground???? you mean the 6th spot on the bolt down power grid? for power?

I know you tap one of the 10 amp fuses, with the add a fuse 10 amp piece. but that was the only one I had to do...

which harness do you have (as in features)?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:46 AM   #17
metwaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
#6 for the ground???? you mean the 6th spot on the bolt down power grid? for power?

I know you tap one of the 10 amp fuses, with the add a fuse 10 amp piece. but that was the only one I had to do...

which harness do you have (as in features)?
These two
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
#6 is hot power. On always.

Stop by any autozone or advance auto parts and get the code read for free.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #19
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Quote:
Finally installed my headlights last night and the check engine light came on. Anyone experienced this?
So do I and my driver side blinker isn't working. Did you happen to find out what the light was for?
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:51 AM   #20
metwaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
So do I and my driver side blinker isn't working. Did you happen to find out what the light was for?
Not yet, car is parked up for now I will take it in for a checkup in a week or 2
Old 02-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #21
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
If only I have mullah
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #22
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Quote:
Not yet, car is parked up for now I will take it in for a checkup in a week or 2
I checked the code on mine and it was for removing the fuse burning installation. For some reason it doesn't go away. I've tried uplugging the battery and clearing the code with my obd2 reader but the light still comes up. Been driving it for a couple of days now. Its drivable and nothing will hurt the car
Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #23
metwaru

Quote:
I checked the code on mine and it was for removing the fuse burning installation. For some reason it doesn't go away. I've tried uplugging the battery and clearing the code with my obd2 reader but the light still comes up. Been driving it for a couple of days now. Its drivable and nothing will hurt the car
I just read the directions from Gen5GYI again and it looks like we were suppose to remove fuse #50 and put it back into the new fuse wire? I did not do this maybe that is what is causing the issue. I wont see my car until next week, if you get a second try that
Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 AM   #24
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Quote:
I just read the directions from Gen5GYI again and it looks like we were suppose to remove fuse #50 and put it back into the new fuse wire? I did not do this maybe that is what is causing the issue. I wont see my car until next week, if you get a second try that
Mine came with the fuse in the fuse "add on" but in the wrong section since there's 2. I fixed that and disconnected the battery for 30 min, engine like gone and the reason my turn single didn't work was because the assembly was shipped to me with a broken light bulb, replace it and still didn't work so I replaced the accembly where the bulb plugged into and the wiring harness with the one from my original light and that fixed that. Disappointed in 5thgendiy sending me my kit this way
Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #25
metwaru

Quote:
Mine came with the fuse in the fuse "add on" but in the wrong section since there's 2. I fixed that and disconnected the battery for 30 min, engine like gone and the reason my turn single didn't work was because the assembly was shipped to me with a broken light bulb, replace it and still didn't work so I replaced the accembly where the bulb plugged into and the wiring harness with the one from my original light and that fixed that. Disappointed in 5thgendiy sending me my kit this way
Wow that is a fail, i will check the fuse for sure. Is disconnecting the battery necessary?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #26
metwaru

Update. I added the second fuse (10A) that was removed from spot #50 to the gen5dyi fuse harness, disconnected battery for 15mins and the check engine light is gone.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #27
Commando16SS

Drives: n/a
How are headlight adjustments done? Specifically the vertical adjustment? Does the entire bumper need to be removed?
Commando16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #28
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando16SS View Post
How are headlight adjustments done? Specifically the vertical adjustment? Does the entire bumper need to be removed?
Watch my video(link below) but the entire bumper does need to be removed and 4 bolts hold the housing of the headlights onto the car. I believe the computer of the car adjust the headlight lens inside the headlight itself so no adjustments are needed