Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 09-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #71
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
You need to realize you Have to compromise when you're buying any sports car. I mean u expect a camaro to have trunk space? Really? I just don't get t. Maybe you need a challenger. Plenty of back seat and trunk space.
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #72
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
On the convertible being displayed, it looks like Shark Gray with a Gray top. Can you verify the colors? Thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #73
Kingluis91

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Didn't they let you start it up?do some donuts?maybe burnout some rubber to get a better feel for the power?
Haha, I wish I could
Kingluis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #74
Kingluis91

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkemp16 View Post

Didn't they state that the seat would have lumbar adjustment? This might push me into a Challenger this time around...
They probably will this is a pre production model
Kingluis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #75
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Some people have to use the car as DD, so believe it or not stuff like that could be important
Lol, mine will be a DD too but the only thing that would go in the trunk is groceries, little things. It's not like if the trunk was 4" bigger in every direction you could be putting in dressers or a kitchen table. If I need to move something big I would just borrow a friend or family member's SUV or truck or get it delivered.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #76
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Lol, mine will be a DD too but the only thing that would go in the trunk is groceries, little things. It's not like if the trunk was 4" bigger in every direction you could be putting in dressers or a kitchen table. If I need to move something big I would just borrow a friend or family member's SUV or truck or get it delivered.
I am in the same boat, DD to work , only 10 miles away, big things or trips/vacations I will be using my SRX.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #77
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Exactly... I got a pick up truck for the rest of my needs. I don't need a big trunk in my camaro. A back pack full of gear for work and that's really it. Maybe a grocery run now and then when the wife needs me to grab stuff while I'm out. Maybe a box of little Cesar's. Oh but definitely a subwoofer and amp. Lol
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #78
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
Exactly... I got a pick up truck for the rest of my needs. I don't need a big trunk in my camaro. A back pack full of gear for work and that's really it. Maybe a grocery run now and then when the wife needs me to grab stuff while I'm out. Maybe a box of little Cesar's. Oh but definitely a subwoofer and amp. Lol
+100
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #79
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphixJunkie View Post
Also, I have never in the history of my car viewing life seen a trunk opening as stupid as what Chevy has done AGAIN. Why can't the taillights (or part of them anyway) be mounted to the trunk so they get the hell out of the way when its open? Does the Mustang's trunk look anything like this? I find it ridiculous.
This is a bit of an engineering question, but I've been thinking about it a lot: Most tail lamps use LEDs these days, so why would a tail lamp ever need to be more than 1-2 inches thick at absolute maximum? LEDs use directional light, so you don't need the bulky reflector housings that old incandescent lights required. Why does GM allocate so much trunk space to the lamp housings?

Serious question: Can anybody chime in and explain why we're not at the point where the lamp housings can be flat? Or are there other structural components near the lamps related to the rear crumple zone that make this impossible?

Eg:

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #80
jkemp16

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
If you want lumbar support, get a freaking Cadillac. Im sure the final product will have it, but does anyone really need lumabar support? So much negativity
Dude...do you know how many people have back problems? Not to mention the Mustang and Challenger (direct competitors) have this simple feature. Not to mention many Chevy vehicles offer it including the Impala.
jkemp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #81
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
I have two requirements...

1) Can I fit my golf clubs in the back? They fit in the back of my S2000. So I'm sure the answer will be yes.

2) Can I sit in the car with a helmet on without hitting the roof? This one may be tougher, but I hope so.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #82
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
I have two requirements...

1) Can I fit my golf clubs in the back? They fit in the back of my S2000. So I'm sure the answer will be yes.

--kC
it should fit

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=73
chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #83
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
You think that SS couple trunk looks small, you should see the trunk in the convertible (5th or 6th Gen, SS or LT) with the top down!

I have an '11 with the original 5th Gen steering wheel, which I vastly prefer over the one in the '12-'15 models. So I'm glad to see that design brought back and improved. I do agree that the new (old?) tri-color Camaro badge would look great on the steering wheel (as well as the key fob).
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #84
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Obviously for sporty cars the trunk isn't the biggest priority for any of them.... however I guess there are some who would make a purchase choice in these segments based on that.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote