The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #43
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What I love is you got a company that is supposed to be a "green" company. What do they do? Burn up tons of rocket fuel just to dump their garbage into space to end up lord knows where. Good job. They are posers just like everyone else claiming to be saving the environment.
Because otherwise you'd be throwing a fit about batteries going into landfills...

Pro-tip: The reason they burned up all the rocket fuel had nothing to do with what you stated.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Because otherwise you'd be throwing a fit about batteries going into landfills...

Pro-tip: The reason they burned up all the rocket fuel had nothing to do with what you stated.
Dont get me started on how these so called "green" people are pulling the wool over peoples eyes. It would get political which isnt allowed here.

Its completely insane that we praise people for spending billions of dollars to pollute space on purpose just to feed the ego of one person.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #45
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Dont get me started on how these so called "green" bastards are pulling the wool over peoples eyes. It would get political which isnt allowed here.

Its completely insane that we praise people for spending billions of dollars to pollute space on purpose just to feed the ego of one person.
Don't get me started on those people that deny climate change but have no idea about the science behind it.

It would help your position if you actually knew why they launched that rocket into space. Pro-tip: It wasn't to put a roadster into orbit.

(but was I right about the landfill comment or what!? )

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 02-12-2018, 09:54 AM   #46

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Why bash Tesla? Hasn't the can-do-no-wrong General Motors basically announced they will be doing the same exact "green" thing in the near future? Isn't Chevy and GM doing the same similar car builds and batteries as Tesla is now? In fact aren't they are trying to corner the "Tesla" market ahead of his production?

"People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones..." comes to mind.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #47
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
What I love is you got a company that is supposed to be a "green" company. What do they do? Burn up tons of rocket fuel just to dump their garbage into space to end up lord knows where. Good job. They are posers just like everyone else claiming to be saving the environment.
You do realize that Tesla and SpaceX are two seperate companies!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #48
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
You do realize that Tesla and SpaceX are two seperate companies!
Yes, but throughly connected. It doesnt change the fact that they polluted space with Telsa's garbage.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #49
motorhead

Quote:
Don't get me started on those people that deny climate change but have no idea about the science behind it.

It would help your position if you actually knew why they launched that rocket into space. Pro-tip: It wasn't to put a roadster into orbit.

(but was I right about the landfill comment or what!? )
I know why. They still parked a car in space for no reason. Dumb.

Oh and my comments never said anything about denying climate change.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #50
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Yes, but throughly connected. It doesnt change the fact that they polluted space with Telsa's garbage.
Oh darn, I was hoping to breathe that air too!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Why bash Tesla? Hasn't the can-do-no-wrong General Motors basically announced they will be doing the same exact "green" thing in the near future? Isn't Chevy and GM doing the same similar car builds and batteries as Tesla is now? In fact aren't they are trying to corner the "Tesla" market ahead of his production?

"People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones..." comes to mind.
I don't like them mostly because they have a cult following that has led to a holier-than-though image rivaled only by the Prius, a shoddy business case, and innumerable quality issues that nobody talks about...

That said - they're another domestic company, that's a plus. And they've done a great deal for the development and evolution of the electric car. Back when the Volt was first envisioned, Bob Lutz (then GM's chief of design) was quoted as saying; "If an upstart like Tesla can do it, so can we!"
Old 02-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #52
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
It was a heavy lift test. No matter what something was getting dumped up there.

What an asinine comment.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #53
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't like them mostly because they have a cult following that has led to a holier-than-though image rivaled only by the Prius, a shoddy business case, and innumerable quality issues that nobody talks about...
I think Beemer owners/leasers are worse
Old 02-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #54
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

That said - they're another domestic company, that's a plus. And they've done a great deal for the development and evolution of the electric car. Back when the Volt was first envisioned, Bob Lutz (then GM's chief of design) was quoted as saying; "If an upstart like Tesla can do it, so can we!"
I've had this thought for a while, the leagues of rabid Tesla fanboys are the worst thing to happen to automotive culture in a while simply because none of them have any idea how the industry actually works. I was reading an article written by one of them that honestly believed all the build quality defects on Model 3s were completely normal and should be expected and forgiven.

Compare that to when GM and Ford have quality issues, even with pre-production builds, and everyone and their mother crucifies them.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #55
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I've had this thought for a while, the leagues of rabid Tesla fanboys are the worst thing to happen to automotive culture in a while simply because none of them have any idea how the industry actually works. I was reading an article written by one of them that honestly believed all the build quality defects on Model 3s were completely normal and should be expected and forgiven.

Compare that to when GM and Ford have quality issues, even with pre-production builds, and everyone and their mother crucifies them.
What are you even talking about? You have model 3s? How does the industry "actually" work? Are you inferring the subsidies that Ford and GM got? Or the outdated dealer-model? I think Ford and GM had their a$$es handed to them in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s and they are only just realizing it now that information is so easy to come by. That's why they are finally able to make decent cars, vs. the "american car" being a joke compared to anything else across the world. And if they are looking forward to the future, it's going to happen again.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 02-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #56
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
What are you even talking about? You have model 3s? How does the industry "actually" work? Are you inferring the subsidies that Ford and GM got? Or the outdated dealer-model? I think Ford and GM had their a$$es handed to them in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s and they are only just realizing it now that information is so easy to come by. That's why they are finally able to make decent cars, vs. the "american car" being a joke compared to anything else across the world. And if they are looking forward to the future, it's going to happen again.
exactly, but I doubt you are going to change anyones mind.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote