The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
and I apologize...I forgot the year Romo bobbled a snap on a chipshoyt fieldgoal that propelled the Seahawks to the Superbowl
Pats fans should be the last people to be talking about being propelling into the super bowl. *cough* tuck rule *cough* *cough* spygate *cough*
Old 01-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
as if the stigma of San fran needed this...

Old 01-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
I knew you Giants fans weren't that bright ...they also beat the Jets, Dolphins & Bronco's this year, and were just barely beat by Cincinnati in their building while decimated by injuries.
Look idiot injuries are part of the game every team deals with it so stop using it a an excuse.

Barley beat by Cincinnati (lost by 7 points), LOL a win is a win. But lets play that game, so then the Patriots barely beat the Bills (2 points), barely beat the Jets the first game (3 points), barely beat the Saints (3 points), barely beat the Broncos (3points), barely beat the Texans (3 points), barely beat the Browns (1 points). And by the way those last 2 teams where 2 of the worst teams this year. The 2nd time they played the Jets & Dolphins they lost.

So going by your opinion of barely beating a team not really counting as a win or not mattering that leaves the Patriots with 6 wins.

...and by the way out of the 12 wins they had this year only 2 of those teams finished the season with a winning record, real impressive.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #18
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Look idiot injuries are part of the game every team deals with it so stop using it a an excuse.

Barley beat by Cincinnati (lost by 7 points), LOL a win is a win. But lets play that game, so then the Patriots barely beat the Bills (2 points), barely beat the Jets the first game (3 points), barely beat the Saints (3 points), barely beat the Broncos (3points), barely beat the Texans (3 points), barely beat the Browns (1 points). And by the way those last 2 teams where 2 of the worst teams this year. The 2nd time they played the Jets & Dolphins they lost.

So going by your opinion of barely beating a team not really counting as a win or not mattering that leaves the Patriots with 6 wins.

...and by the way out of the 12 wins they had this year only 2 of those teams finished the season with a winning record, real impressive.
yes injuries are part of the game, but losing a substantial # of star starters isn't the norm, as what happened with the Pats. l I was noting that with all that they still had 12 wins... so what's the Giants excuse ?? they just plain suck ?? because one thing for sure...the competition in that division is no better than the AFC east
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #19
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
yes injuries are part of the game, but losing a substantial # of star starters isn't the norm, as what happened with the Pats. l I was noting that with all that they still had 12 wins... so what's the Giants excuse ?? they just plain suck ?? because one thing for sure...the competition in that division is no better than the AFC east
I see you just passed over the fact that of those 12 wins only 2 teams had winning records and how they barely beat 6 other teams.

And as for the Giants they beat the 2 best teams the Patriots ever had twice in the Super Bowl, also they are my 2nd team because they are from my home state. Not that my favorite team is good but that not the point. The point is that the Patriots are no longer the dominant team they were 2-3 years ago, any true football fan can see that.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #20
3 SS's

Quote:
I see you just passed over the fact that of those 12 wins only 2 teams had winning records and how they barely beat 6 other teams.

And as for the Giants they beat the 2 best teams the Patriots ever had twice in the Super Bowl, also they are my 2nd team because they are from my home state. Not that my favorite team is good but that not the point. The point is that the Patriots are no longer the dominant team they were 2-3 years ago, any true football fan can see that.
No, they weren't th two best TEAMS , maybe the best offensive units. Interesting though , they were in the AFC Championship game this year ...just as they were 2-3 years ago. But, hey...if you say so.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #21
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
No, they weren't th two best TEAMS , maybe the best offensive units. Interesting though , they were in the AFC Championship game this year ...just as they were 2-3 years ago. But, hey...if you say so.
...and again you just pass right over the fact that the only teams they beat this year with winning records where the Saints (on a lucky last seconds TD pass)& Broncos (only due to a lucky bounce on a punt). Patriots fans are delusional, you take Brady away from that team and they are an average team that might finish 9-7.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
What? The Pats aren't the dominating team they once were? Ok, then the NFL is a LOT weaker as a whole then.

If by 'dominant' you mean super bowl champs then I guess you are right. But they are EASILY still the most consistantly dominant team in the league. And over 10 years still one of those teams that you know are going in will be there late into the playoffs. They still finish top 4 in the NFL every year. If you disagree then name another team that can say that. Just one team.

Yeah, the 49ers have exactly equaled the Pats for the past 3 years but losing seasons the previous 7.

I'm not a Pats fan AT ALL but 10 or so years with the only playoff missed being the year Brady was hurt (and they were 11-5 that year) and the last 3 years they were one game short of the SB and were in a SB. Even the last three years they have had the longest seasons of any NFL team.

Let's look at this years final 4 for the past 3 seasons.

Pats - 2 conf. champ. game and a SB.
49ers - 2 conf. champ. games and a SB
Seahawks - 1 conf. champ game and 1 SB
Denver - 1 SB

So of the most recent average of success the Pats are tied at the top.

Like I said, I'm not a Pats fan but they are still at the top.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
...and again you just pass right over the fact that the only teams they beat this year with winning records where the Saints (on a lucky last seconds TD pass)& Broncos (only due to a lucky bounce on a punt). Patriots fans are delusional, you take Brady away from that team and they are an average team that might finish 9-7.
I've always liked the NFL over college football because these arguments don't exist in the pros. The talent is too even. All you can do is play the teams in front of you. If the Pats played a season in college football and went undefeated crushing everyone they played, does that mean they are no good because their schedule was weak? There are one or two teams at the bottom of the NFL, sometimes 3 or 4, that really suck and the rest can beat you. And one thing I learned in my early 20s is that a win is a win is a win. Fact is they DO have Brady. And when Brady was out a year they went 11-5 and Mat Cassel looked like a really good QB. That was the LAST time he looked like a really good QB. lol

In the NFL 12-4 is 12-4
Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #24
3 SS's

Quote:
Lucky....this coming from a fan of a team that won a Superbowl because of a dropped, what should have been a sure int by the other team ....& right after that a desperate heaved pass that was a one handed catch against a players helmet , of which that player was out of the league shortly after, yeah the Pats are lucky

9-7....that's still better than the Giants with Manning,
Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #25
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What? The Pats aren't the dominating team they once were? Ok, then the NFL is a LOT weaker as a whole then.

If by 'dominant' you mean super bowl champs then I guess you are right. But they are EASILY still the most consistantly dominant team in the league. And over 10 years still one of those teams that you know are going in will be there late into the playoffs. They still finish top 4 in the NFL every year. If you disagree then name another team that can say that. Just one team.

Yeah, the 49ers have exactly equaled the Pats for the past 3 years but losing seasons the previous 7.

I'm not a Pats fan AT ALL but 10 or so years with the only playoff missed being the year Brady was hurt (and they were 11-5 that year) and the last 3 years they were one game short of the SB and were in a SB. Even the last three years they have had the longest seasons of any NFL team.

Let's look at this years final 4 for the past 3 seasons.

Pats - 2 conf. champ. game and a SB.
49ers - 2 conf. champ. games and a SB
Seahawks - 1 conf. champ game and 1 SB
Denver - 1 SB

So of the most recent average of success the Pats are tied at the top.

Like I said, I'm not a Pats fan but they are still at the top.
Quote:
I've always liked the NFL over college football because these arguments don't exist in the pros. The talent is too even. All you can do is play the teams in front of you. If the Pats played a season in college football and went undefeated crushing everyone they played, does that mean they are no good because their schedule was weak? There are one or two teams at the bottom of the NFL, sometimes 3 or 4, that really suck and the rest can beat you. And one thing I learned in my early 20s is that a win is a win is a win. Fact is they DO have Brady. And when Brady was out a year they went 11-5 and Mat Cassel looked like a really good QB. That was the LAST time he looked like a really good QB. lol

In the NFL 12-4 is 12-4
The haters will never accept this, it's kind of like politics and Obamacare , everyone knows it sucks, but the left will never admit it.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #26
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:

In the NFL 12-4 is 12-4
This proves one thing, that Brady is a very good system QB. I agree a win is a win, but 3 SS's talks about how this team & that team got lucky against the Patriots. So I'm just using his standards to judge the Patriots.

And what I mean by not being a dominate team as they once where, they are no longer rolling over just about every team they play.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #27
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
Lucky....this coming from a fan of a team that won a Superbowl because of a dropped, what should have been a sure int by the other team ....& right after that a desperate heaved pass that was a one handed catch against a players helmet , of which that player was out of the league shortly after, yeah the Pats are lucky

9-7....that's still better than the Giants with Manning,
Like PQ said a win is a win. Who cares who dropped what and who caught what and how he caught it, all that matters is the out come. 18-1 doesn't matter when that 1 lose comes in the Super Bowl.

Last edited by Chaotic73; 01-24-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Chaotic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #28
Tcnj80

Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
The Pat's are in a weak division and for the most part win the games their supposed to win, they are no longer the force they once were.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote