The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #29
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Right!!

Well Miami still doesnt have a QB or head coach. So what needs did they fill.

I am still scratching my head at the pats draft. after round 1 what happen?
Kind of hard to fill a coach position during the draft...

And there's still time through free agency for a QB. but i think they will give Henne one more shot.

And they filled a huge need at the Oline. Their interior oline situation was getting pretty bad with injuries. Miami had incognito at center. lol which he didn't do terrible, but not his natural position.

Miami got the fastst player in the draft to help spread the field at WR. They need some speed there. He's also probably going to get a shot at KR/PR.

They picked up the 3rd best RB prospect in the draft, in the 3rd round, to fill the void at the RB spot since there are question marks with brown and williams. And Thomas is a very versitile player that can line up at fb/rb/te.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #30
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Obviously they can't get a coach during the draft, but they can't secure one before it!

Yeah a fast wide receiver! Oakland got one a couple years ago too. Tell me how is heyward bey working out for them. What I was referring too is that Miami has to many problems to fill the draft. Yeah you got a receiver, who is going to throw him the ball?

Glad they got more o-line men! Let's us know that they intend to run the wildcat some more!!!

4-12 here they come!!!!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #31
CJ Man

Love how the pats and eagles traded their picks to each other. 193 for 194. That made sense.

Guess they wanted to keep their trade streak aiive.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Obviously they can't get a coach during the draft, but they can't secure one before it!

Yeah a fast wide receiver! Oakland got one a couple years ago too. Tell me how is heyward bey working out for them. What I was referring too is that Miami has to many problems to fill the draft. Yeah you got a receiver, who is going to throw him the ball?

Glad they got more o-line men! Let's us know that they intend to run the wildcat some more!!!

4-12 here they come!!!!
Yeah, Oakland is not a good team to compare with, they just suck all together. And henne has shown streaks of being really good. I'm willing to see what he can do his 2nd season as the full time starter. And the head coach isn't that bad. He took a team that was 1-15 the previous year to the playoffs with 46 new players on a 53 man roster, not to mention a new regime and scheme.

I know you are just talking trash, and I really believe the fins will be better then the jets this year. Jets won't even make the playoffs.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #33
CJ Man

Only way jets don't make the playoffs is if there isn't a season!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #34
CJ Man

Henne has to complete one "full" season as a starter.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #35
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yeah, Oakland is not a good team to compare with, they just suck all together. And henne has shown streaks of being really good. I'm willing to see what he can do his 2nd season as the full time starter. And the head coach isn't that bad. He took a team that was 1-15 the previous year to the playoffs with 46 new players on a 53 man roster, not to mention a new regime and scheme.

I know you are just talking trash, and I really believe the fins will be better then the jets this year. Jets won't even make the playoffs.
LOL!!
The Jets picked up two monster defense guys and the were ranked 6th last year. Even Rex said, "I can't believe the other teams let me get those guys"
Jets will make the playoffs...
If the Fins were smart they would have picked up rexs bro instead of letting him go to Dallas. Anyone with a pulse is better than Sparano.
Henne will be much better with a solid offensive line, The pickup they made might help that. Henne needs a better QB coach for sure. He has talent, lets hope the fins don't ruin him.
-bobby
Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #36
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
I'm a Steelers fan. There's not much to talk about with their draft. It was pretty much what you would expect. However, I do have a couple of comments to make:

1. Christian Ponder in the first round? The Vikes should have traded down. They could have gotten him much later........but why? He's going to be on the sidelines and then out of the stadium fairly quickly.

2. Detroit is going to pound some people on that D line! OMG! Suh and Fairley together?! Wow!

3. Whoever took QBs this year will be hating life when Andrew Luck enters the league. They will look stupid!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #37
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:

I am still scratching my head at the pats draft. after round 1 what happen?
You & every Pat fan in the country
My guess......Belichick decided he knew better than everyone else in the world, he wasn't gonna let the speculation that he needed players on D affect his draft, he filled his offensive needs.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #38
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
The best pure passer in the draft? The guy is a scrambler. Lol. His accuracy in the pocket is questionable. We talking about the same guy? Lol if he's the best in this draft, then this class is going to really suck.
What I meant by pure passer isn't your standard definition. The guy has those "instincts" about playing the game. That to me is a pure passer.

You don't have to have a rocket arm or be the most mobile guy on the planet to be a pure passer. Drew Brees is/has neither, and he's a great QB.

He's a very good QB and in a lot of ways, reminds me of the Brett Favre before they drafted Rodgers. Mobile, capable of throwing on the run, and has the ability to hit every pass.

As to his accuracy, he played behind one of the worst, if not the worst, offensive lines in all of college football. I also know that his receivers as a whole were a top 5-10 team in terms of dropped passes. Those two things wind up hurting a players accuracy. This was a kid who everyone had a hardon for last year.

Both Locker and Bradford were told to come out a year before they did, and both would go on to have subpar years the following year. I would not be shocked at all to see Luck go through the same...
Old 05-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #39
3 SS's

pure passer...... I think Fouts,Marino,Montana,Elway, Brady...I know I'm leaving some out, but Brees is not in that category...nor would I consider him great, very good, but not great.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #40
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
pure passer...... I think Fouts,Marino,Montana,Elway, Brady...I know I'm leaving some out, but Brees is not in that category...nor would I consider him great, very good, but not great.
The irony in that is that Brees is a better passer and QB than Elway. And that's despite Brees playing on arguably far worse teams... and no, I'm not a Brees/Saints fan.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #41
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The irony in that is that Brees is a better passer and QB than Elway. And that's despite Brees playing on arguably far worse teams... and no, I'm not a Brees/Saints fan.