Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #15
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I got my official renewal notice and it did not say that smog was required. Next month will be 6 years and the state decided it didn't want my money so I will not be attempting to get a smog check.

so they just said you dont need a smog check at all? for how long?
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite View Post
so they just said you dont need a smog check at all? for how long?
Not sure. It should have been done in order to get the registration done this year and I didn't have that designation on my renewal. I'm going to guess that I'll have to do it next year, but until then I can't say for sure. I'm not going to complain about it either.

Anyone else that bought early in '09 gotten their registration notice yet?
Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #17
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
I bought mine in DEC 2009 and my renewal is in coming up but Im overseas and its in storage. I have to do that PMO until I come back and hopefully by then people will PM me on where to go for a "Smog Test" or this test is nothing to worry about with LT headers, CAI and tune. Besides, my car is low to the ground unless they lift it and see I have hi-flow CATs.
Pedders Track II, Forgeline 10.5x20 (4), Nitto INVO 295/35/20 (4), Speedware Harness Bar, 6 pt Harness, Roto-fab, LG Motorsport Longtube Headers and exhaust, All work, assembly and Tune by Haddad Motorsport in Inglewood, CA.
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #18
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
If they are doing smogs correctly then all the monitors have to be ready with the exception of the EVAP monitor, check engine light has to work properly and NOT be on with the engine on, no visual modifications. So if you have missing catalysts or aftermarket catalysts (none of which are legal in CA on the Camaro) then that is an automatic fail, but the truth is most smog techs are too lazy to check the catalysts, or don't care as long as the functional passes. Some will care about an aftermarket cold air intake, other don't. It's technically required to have an EO number, same thing with headers and other mods.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #19
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762ch View Post
Why lope? Because it's a muscle car and it sounds bad ass. I cammed my 2011 with an LS3 so no weinie L99 BS, it drives just fine. No power brake issues.

Also my 67 with a big cam, efi and hydroboost drives just fine. Muscle cars need 3 pedals and a mean lope!
AGREED!
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Typically tuners will turn off DTC's that will throw a check engine light on a cammed car.

what is everyone's thoughts on cammed cars that has sporadic misfires at idle due to reversion, but had the misfire dtc turned off in the tune?
do you suspect they will pass with no CEL? does anyone actually work at one of these facilities?

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #21
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Typically tuners will turn off DTC's that will throw a check engine light on a cammed car.

what is everyone's thoughts on cammed cars that has sporadic misfires at idle due to reversion, but had the misfire dtc turned off in the tune?
do you suspect they will pass with no CEL? does anyone actually work at one of these facilities?
I do smogs all day, a car will not fail just because a tech suspects that it is misfiring (even if it is)
It's different for 99 and lower where emissions actually get checked. Read the other post I made
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #22
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6z28 View Post
SOMEONE doesnt know how a camshaft works.

Give Straub Technologies a call he will set you straight, or Mike Jones.
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #23
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
I assume you dont either?

Overlap is what gives lope.. When you try to get a specific RPM for power, you will need overlap. Since LS engines don't need AS MUCH overlap they can get by with less lope, however they will have lope if you are running a decent sized cam.

Maybe a google search will help you.
Here's good info for everyone how to choose a cam and scroll down to Lobe Seperstion Angle to learn more about power and lope to our engines
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:30 PM   #24
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Quote:
I assume you dont either?

Overlap is what gives lope.. When you try to get a specific RPM for power, you will need overlap. Since LS engines don't need AS MUCH overlap they can get by with less lope, however they will have lope if you are running a decent sized cam.

Maybe a google search will help you.
I was agreeing with you!
2010 2SSRS A6, Custom Pat G. Cam, WCCH Cylinder Heads, Kooks Headers/Exhaust, BTR Valvetrain, Fluidampr 25% UDP, All Engine ARP bolts, Flex-a-lite radiator/Trans cooler, Yank converter, PFADT Suspension, ADM Race Intake/Scoop, Torq tow hook, CFD auto shifter, Dynojet AFR gauge, Aeroforce scan gauge, Brake Performance rotors/pads
Prothane bushings, ZL1 wheels, spoiler, Z/28 wickerbill, 1LE Aero/Suspension Package, Anderson Composites COPO Carbon Fiber Hood, LED lighting, Elite Catch Can, Improved Racing oil pan baffle, crank scraper, windage tray
480 RWHP 452 RWTQ + Nitrous Express 150 Shot
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #25
scv_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I do smogs all day, a car will not fail just because a tech suspects that it is misfiring (even if it is)
It's different for 99 and lower where emissions actually get checked. Read the other post I made
Can someone list all the readiness codes that are checked
scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #26
Trip9Duc

Drives: Twenty-Ten Camaro
Any updates to this, on the Smog Inspection? You can PM if recommend a place.
Pedders Track II, Forgeline 10.5x20 (4), Nitto INVO 295/35/20 (4), Speedware Harness Bar, 6 pt Harness, Roto-fab, LG Motorsport Longtube Headers and exhaust, All work, assembly and Tune by Haddad Motorsport in Inglewood, CA.
Trip9Duc is offline   Reply With Quote