Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-22-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
aa21

Drives: 2022 Chevrolet Camaro
Rear view camera issues

Hello everyone,

My ‘22 SS convertible rear view camera has been acting crazy for the last while. Sometimes it works fine and as I continue to back up it goes black and shows an error photo (the one with a camera and red sign over it). It also sometimes flickers as well. Took it to the dealer as it is covered under warranty. There was an error code that was showing on the diagnostic report done by the dealer.

Eventually the dealer contacted GM, and GM sent an update/recalibration, that did not work. Second time around, GM sent another update, it was only a temporary fix for a couple minutes and the backup camera went back to acting crazy like that. Later on, the dealer replaced the entire rear view camera assembly. Following this there were no error codes, took the car home and it did the same thing again.

I have read that many people have gone through this, any possible suggestions as to how to fix this issue?
aa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 11:37 PM   #2
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
I had to have the actual camera/antenna replaced to fix mine. I only got the error screen once. Mine was a cloudy issue, like moisture got to it. I know that doesn’t help with your situation, regardless I hope they get it right for you.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote