Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2023, 08:48 PM   #1
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Brembo Caliper Paint Color (G2)

Not sure if this is the right section for this but here goes. My factory Brembos are dark grayish and I want to paint them. If anyone has painted theirs with the G2 Red and the G2 Orange, can you please post pics so that I can see the difference between the two. It's very hard to tell from the online sample pics.

Last edited by SSShark; 06-10-2023 at 06:55 AM.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
I don’t have any pictures unfortunately, but I do have previous experience with G2 red caliper paint. I loved the results from it then on a 4th gen camaro I had. Color was bright, it did not fade over 2 or 3 years I had the car. I think it is a very economical option for brakes. Could a professional shop make them look better, yes. If I didn’t already have red brembos, I would not hesitate to buy and use G2 again.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
SSShark

I've been hesitating for several weeks. I think the red is the way to go, but the sample pic online gives it a way different hue. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Old 06-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #4
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
I went to the G2 website and saw what you were talking about from their pictures. Unless they changed the color over the years, that is not a good representation of the color. It was closer to victory red that Chevy used on several cars and trucks over the years.

If the orange is close to the gm orange brake calipers, that would look good too.

Good luck with what you decide.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyz28 View Post
I went to the G2 website and saw what you were talking about from their pictures. Unless they changed the color over the years, that is not a good representation of the color. It was closer to victory red that Chevy used on several cars and trucks over the years.

If the orange is close to the gm orange brake calipers, that would look good too.

Good luck with what you decide.
Thanks for confirming. The victory red would definitely work for me. I might even pick up an orange kit as well, just for comparison. I wouldn't rule it out as long as it's not too bright. Will try and post them side by side so that it might help others make their decision.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:13 AM   #6
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
I did my brakes almost 2 yrs. ago when I got the car. POR15 makes a CALIPER KIT. The hard part was getting the right spots to jack it up. Not on the wed seams. I just slide a putty knife under the brake pads to back them of a hair.
Attached Images

PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 11:19 AM   #7
PostalLDMC

part2
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2023, 11:45 AM   #8
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
I did my brakes almost 2 yrs. ago when I got the car. POR15 makes a CALIPER KIT. The hard part was getting the right spots to jack it up. Not on the wed seams. I just slide a putty knife under the brake pads to back them of a hair.
When you talk about finding the right spots to lift the car - I am guessing this is because you did all four at the same time?

Why not pull the caliper out of the mount and remove the pads, though? Seems like that would take only a small amount of additional time/effort to do. No?

Once we're done moving and I have the car in a garage "at home" full time, I'm considering painting mine red. I will definitely do both front and back, but I would expect that I would either one side at a time, or fronts one weekend, rears the next...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:59 PM   #9
PostalLDMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
When you talk about finding the right spots to lift the car - I am guessing this is because you did all four at the same time?

Why not pull the caliper out of the mount and remove the pads, though? Seems like that would take only a small amount of additional time/effort to do. No?

Once we're done moving and I have the car in a garage "at home" full time, I'm considering painting mine red. I will definitely do both front and back, but I would expect that I would either one side at a time, or fronts one weekend, rears the next...
The main problem is bleeding the brakes again and I did it in the spring cold up here. Plus, on a vert it's easy to just jack it in the middle behind the rear diff. Drying. Time was a couple hrs. with heat on them to speed it up. But if you're doing it now no problem in all done over a weekend. I put on a lite coat of red first then the second a little thicker. It still looks great after all the miles.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:46 PM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalLDMC View Post
The main problem is bleeding the brakes again and I did it in the spring cold up here. Plus, on a vert it's easy to just jack it in the middle behind the rear diff. Drying. Time was a couple hrs. with heat on them to speed it up. But if you're doing it now no problem in all done over a weekend. I put on a lite coat of red first then the second a little thicker. It still looks great after all the miles.
Good info, thanks.

Out of curiosity - why did you bleed the brakes? The way you painted them seems like everything would have remained connected... no?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:30 PM   #11
PostalLDMC

I didn't have to bleed my brakes. But if you pull off the brake Calipers, they have some movement in the pads. So, you have to push them back in. Then you get a weird brake feel. I'm not sure if it's the fluid or air. So I just don't mess with the brakes. Unless I have to do a brake job then it's new fluid from the master on down to the disc. brakes.
Old 06-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #12
geokots

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
here's mine https://www.instagram.com/reel/CscQA...RlODBiNWFlZA==
geokots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:47 PM   #13
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokots View Post