Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #15
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS2 View Post
I kinda in the same boat. I’m going to try and install this kit myself. https://precutppf.store/product/2019...partial-front/

I'm curious to hear how that turns out for you. After getting my essential front facing surfaces done by a pro for expediency, I might feel bold and try applying a pre-cut to a flat panel surface like a headlight or a rocker panel to see how it goes. I've watched a few videos, usually pro shops cutting sheets off of a spool and tucking around edges with spatula thing in soapy water.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 06:35 AM   #16
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I put rock guards and tint on mine, that’s it.

When I got tired of putting new OEM tires on every year, and got tired of getting the crap scared out of me on cold wet days, I went with Continental Extreme Contact all seasons. You’ll notice the loss of grip, but only when really pushing it. Ideally I would buy another set of rims and swap out as needed, but I haven’t got around to that yet.

I skipped coatings and such. My reasoning was that the original paint job pretty much sucks anyway, so at some point I’ll pay for a new better one then add ceramic.

Even with rock guards I have some chips in front of the rear wheels.

The best investment I made was high quality tint. Even during hot Georgia summers my car is an acceptable temperature when I get in it.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:33 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would definitely get a good brand of Ceramic tint for your windows because it does make the car much cooler in hot weather.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:24 PM   #18
Capricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I would definitely get a good brand of Ceramic tint for your windows because it does make the car much cooler in hot weather.

I think the car was prepped for the original intended owner with tint and door edging. They didn't charge me for those. The salesman said it was a quality ceramic tint and the local PPF/Tint guy took out his light meter and measured the light loss, said it looked legit and was blocking 35% or whatever the limit is for AZ. ...I wish I had some associated documentation for it. But for now, one less thing to worry about.

Any positive or negative feedback on the Adam's graphine UV DIY ceramic kit? I think its supposed to be okay on matte wrap but I see some other companies make a specific formulation for that.

My last new vehicle was from 2017. Back then I think i got 3 months of OnStar, 6 months of XM, 6 months of AT&T unlimited 4G data/hotspot. Now with this car I get 1 month of OnStar, 1 year of XM, and 3 years of data. So, kinda nice esp the data plan. Don't really care about OnStar. Finally got all that squared away on the mychevy app.

My Pixel6a doesn't support wireless charging. If I use wireless android auto, it really uses up my battery unless i'm plugged in. Is there a special port in the console (of the two) that can transmit wired data to the infotainment system? Either one? how large of a flash drive with mp3 or other media files can the other ports support? I think my 2017 could take a 64G drive. ...I know, RTFM... i finally brought in the owners manual to read inside.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:50 PM   #19
darkfader

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
The Adam’s graphene is safe for the wrap. It gives it a richer appearance but doesn’t make it glossy.
Attached Images

UPDATE: 11/15/22 - 3100, TPW - 11/28/22
PRODUCED: 12/7/22 - 3800, No ETA
DELIVERED TO DEALER: 1/24/23 - 5000
DELIVERED TO OWNER: 2/18/2023
darkfader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 05:42 PM   #20
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
It sounds like you're in Tucson. If so, Affordable Window tint on W Grant is the place to go for PPF.
They always take good care of my car and the work is A1.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:13 PM   #21
Capricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
It sounds like you're in Tucson. If so, Affordable Window tint on W Grant is the place to go for PPF.
They always take good care of my car and the work is A1.

Close! Sierra Vista area. Bought the car in Tucson. If I use a Tucson shop I have to find someone to give me a ride to drop-off and pick-up, kind of a pain. We have a couple of local shops that can do the work. I wish I could afford more PPF right away but this car came up suddenly and I thought I'd have months to prepare/save after getting an allocation.

Can't find a solid answer on the USB ports even after reading the manual and looking online. Internet answers are all over the place. I think I can use a larger than 32G drive if I use NTFS but not sure of any size limit. MyLink also seems fussy about what drives are used.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:21 PM   #22
Capricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader View Post
The Adam’s graphene is safe for the wrap. It gives it a richer appearance but doesn’t make it glossy.

Thanks! You just saved me $80, had Dr Beasley's and McKee's 37 in my Amazon cart, trying to decide.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:38 PM   #23
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Close! Sierra Vista area. Bought the car in Tucson. If I use a Tucson shop I have to find someone to give me a ride to drop-off and pick-up, kind of a pain. We have a couple of local shops that can do the work. I wish I could afford more PPF right away but this car came up suddenly and I thought I'd have months to prepare/save after getting an allocation.

Can't find a solid answer on the USB ports even after reading the manual and looking online. Internet answers are all over the place. I think I can use a larger than 32G drive if I use NTFS but not sure of any size limit. MyLink also seems fussy about what drives are used.
4 hours of driving per trip wouldn't be fun....
Old 04-09-2023, 06:52 PM   #24
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou 1le View Post
On the subject of splash guards. Has anyone used the painted GM ones?
I have them on my 2SS, Even though they look rather small, they work surprisingly well for their size.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:39 PM   #25
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
100% BS.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:27 PM   #26
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
Nobody posted a bottle of sonax. Sometimes I wish I had a leather wheel and shifter.
fattyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:56 PM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
100% BS.
Well it works and I’m satisfied with the tint so that’s all that matters to me.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:01 PM   #28
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Try this , local out of Tempe , I purchased a gallon, works great and looks great, they were at a Car Show and did a demonstration ,I'm not easily impressed. Congratulations on your Car .
Happy Motoring

By the way , they ship.
Attached Images