#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #29
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I had a Gen II Viper for 12 years. Most people appreciated it and I always took time to show it to people up close, pop the hood and even let people sit in it if they wanted. But you wouldn’t believe how many haters are out there. I’ve literally had people yell obscenities at me when driving it. At restaurants I always had to park where I could see it out the window from my seat. And I never felt comfortable walking away from it at car shows.

I also met a guy at a car show once who had a low mile 67 Camaro that was an all original car (interior, paint, everything). He walked away from the car just long enough to check some of the other interesting cars at the meet and when he came back someone had keyed the 67 from frontend to rearend down the drivers side. It was sickening.

Sorry you encountered the worst of society with your car damage. Haters gonna hate.
I have a Gen 2 as well, and the amount of hate that comes from people is annoying. It been pissed on, keyed up, rocks thrown at it. I've owned the car since 2004, and i've accumulated stories that would last for days. The Camaro also gets hate, but not nearly as much. Luckily no one has vandalized it, yet.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #30
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Somehow the drivers side canard retaining clip broke on the top. Not sure if it was struck by a passerby or someone clipped it in a parking lot. They seem to be designed to break cleanly at the clips so at least they don't fudge up the bumper. At least mine didn't. The replacement was $46 + shipping so it wasn't bad. Took me longer to weasel my big hands into that small space to re-install the clips than anything else. Sucks that someone would intentionally do this to someone's property.. for what reason? The people in this world make no sense to me sometimes.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote