The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

New Chevrolet Colorado Unveiled
New design features on Colorado ZR2 race truck and Colorado ZR2 SEMA vehicle
General Motors

October 8, 2019

DETROIT — Today, Chevrolet debuts a new look for its Colorado midsize truck franchise. The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado will make its first public appearance at the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic on Oct.10, driven by Hall Racing. The 2021 Colorado ZR2 will then debut at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

The Colorado lineup will now feature greater differentiation from trim to trim and the addition of the new “Sand Dune Metallic” exterior paint color option available on the Z71 and ZR2 models. All Colorado variants will also include revised front Chevy “bowtie” emblems and embossed “Chevrolet” tailgates in place of the traditional Chevy bowtie on the rear end of the vehicles.

“We’ve sold 520,000 Colorado pickups in five years through a relentless, foot-on-the-gas approach to product and feature updates,” said Bob Krapes, director of marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “With its new-look front end and tailgate, Colorado will now have a more aggressive appearance to match its award-winning capability.”

The WT, LT and Z71 Colorado trim levels will all receive updated center bars, lower fascias and front skid plates for 2021. WT and LT will feature all-new gold Chevy bowtie logos, while Z71 receives a black bowtie logo.

The ZR2 off-road performance variant will receive a new appearance to match its standout capability. ZR2 will be the only Colorado model to feature the all-new, lettered, flow-through “Chevrolet” front fascia. ZR2’s new front end provides drivers with improved visibility and looks even more aggressive, which adds to its dynamic, “segment of one” appearance.

ZR2, with its revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSVTM position-sensitive dampers, standard front and rear electronic locking differentials, 2-inch suspension lift, 3.5-inch wider track, off-road rocker protection, cast iron control arms, Autotrac transfer case, and multiple skid plates, will now come equipped with standard red tow hooks as well.

The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado goes on sale next year. Pricing will be announced closer to production. All 2021 Colorado models will be built at General Motors’ Wentzville Assembly Center in Wentzville, Missouri.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Love the color. Very, very sharp truck!!!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Love the front end and the stamped tailgate. Surprised they didn't change the headlights at all. Curious what the "lesser" trims will look like for 2021.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #4
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
To me it looks like they are trying to force the silverado design language on the Colorado and it just looks odd
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I agree with post #4. I am not a fan of Silverado's front end design, and this new Colorado isn't scoring big points with me either. It looks like a sturdy truck though; Maybe it will do ok.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Looks like predators mouth wide open

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Shocked and excited to see this revealed so soon.

*scrolls through pictures to look for other trims....none shown*

What the heck!?? I want to see the other trims! lol

I don't know if I like or do not like that front end. Ehhh...it reminds me of the LT HD trucks which got horrible responses....but just not as bad. How can something look good and bad at the same time?

Now....Bring on the Canyon pictures! GM has said the new Canyon AT4 will be revealed in early 2020. Any chance we might see other Canyon trims before then?
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #8
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
So much wrong with the new front design.
Off center flowtie
no front bumper to speak of
too much plastic.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
So much wrong with the new front design.
Off center flowtie
no front bumper to speak of
too much plastic.

I mean the current ZR2 has the same high approach clearance bumper, and in fact it has even more black plastic trim than the update.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I’m not a huge fan of the new HD look but it looks a little better here on the Colorado.

The off center bow tie is really annoying.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #11
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy

I do not like that look on the Silverado... and like it even less on the Colorado.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #12

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It looks like a Humvee and an Avalanche had a baby.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I am not a fan of the front end, mainly because of a lot of aftermarket issues it will create (I think). An aftermarket front bumper that will hold a winch and be much more beefier will cause issue with what to do with the grill part. Now you can replace the front bumper and not touch the grill, don't see that happening on the 2021 with out additional pieces, which would cost the customer more to upgrade. That is an extremely small group, but it's that small group that purchases this vehicle for off road fun and work. I will be at SEMA this year to get a better look and see what other manufactures are offering it.

The rest of the body looks pretty much the same. I was either going to be happy with my 2020 or a little disappointed with my 2020 based on rumors it was coming and I really needed a vehicle. I am happy.
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #14
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

I do not like that look on the Silverado... and like it even less on the Colorado.
Glad I am not the only one. I think the fact that it kept the old headlights, really makes this new front end design language look forced on it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote