The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Silverado ZRX: Preview

This truck has the potential to be a huge boost for GM.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/10/...ado-zrx-model/

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Could be good...maybe really good.

Kind of a bummer it won't get even more power, but the LT1 in the FS trucks still makes great power and I'd say we could assume it will undercut the price of the Raptor by a decent bit, so that helps. If they want to charge Raptor prices, they should give it Raptor power then.

As far as off road ability, I don't see any reason why it won't be as good as or better than Raptor. The ZR2 is already great with those DSSV dampers...I just wish it had more power. Maybe in the next gen it will.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Could be good...maybe really good.

Kind of a bummer it won't get even more power, but the LT1 in the FS trucks still makes great power and I'd say we could assume it will undercut the price of the Raptor by a decent bit, so that helps. If they want to charge Raptor prices, they should give it Raptor power then.

As far as off road ability, I don't see any reason why it won't be as good as or better than Raptor. The ZR2 is already great with those DSSV dampers...I just wish it had more power. Maybe in the next gen it will.
It will undoubtedly be cheaper than the Raptor. Ford engineered a new EcoBoost variation for it, so that alone raised the Raptor's price. With GM using the 6.2L (L87) off of the shelf, that'll save on price. 420hp isn't too shabby. The ZR2 has been a hit and I truly believe that GM will hit the mark with the ZRX as well.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Finally, been waiting for Chevy to release an offroad variant of the Silverado that is more hardcore than the Trail Boss!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote