Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #127
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i saw that list that had the 82 on it a few years ago. Some online article. Means nothing. You can go to yahoo everyday for meaningless articles. I'm pretty sure i can find more than 50 cars in history that are as underpowered as that 82' , but look and handle worse.
It means its one of the 50 worst cars ever made , and i agree .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #128
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Looks like I need to clear more the water... Look, I don't have any problem with people being negative with the Refresh, it's a Shame, but that's part of the life we live, if that were the case then I would be harashing all the negative quotes here, that's the case?

The reason about this post is to compare the same car in one picture with different ages and facsias, tell which one look better to you and why, so I give you the chanse on be expresive and creative on why you don't like the other, or the opposite case... If you don't want to do that you can say nothing or say that you like the one you prefere and finish or just be funny negative, some people did that and I wasn't attacking for that, do I?

Now, in that quote that you answer, I said that because of the Charger Comparison that wasn't part of the thread, and You and Gen6_1le said what cracks you up, so I said what cracks me up In My Humble Opinion about that topic, I find it pathetic, period, but that's Just My Opinion So You shouldn't be bother by That, if you want to do that here Just do that, like I said in the second paragraph that You must Read.

I didn't say hard words, and now either, so You shouldn't be sensible by That.
Getting back to your original question, i would go with the 2018 Camaro being better looking and the main reason being its just a more of a sleek flowing look from front to rear that don't clash with eyes . The pre refresh front is made to cut through the air , the refresh with its spanning grille is made to bring more air into the front of the car , which is not a bad thing . The refresh has a more industrial front that resembles more sedans then Camaros , i completely understand why this design is not liked . I think its a good steep in the evolution of Camaro and hope at the same time its not a giant leap towards the 7th gen .I do like the refresh but i would not trade my 2018 for one .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #129
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
i saw that list that had the 82 on it a few years ago. Some online article. Means nothing. You can go to yahoo everyday for meaningless articles. I'm pretty sure i can find more than 50 cars in history that are as underpowered as that 82' , but look and handle worse.
True, but 82 was a very Sad year for the HP fans
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #130
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Getting back to your original question, i would go with the 2018 Camaro being better looking and the main reason being its just a more of a sleek flowing look from front to rear that don't clash with eyes . The pre refresh front is made to cut through the air , the refresh with its spanning grille is made to bring more air into the front of the car , which is not a bad thing . The refresh has a more industrial front that resembles more sedans then Camaros , i completely understand why this design is not liked . I think its a good steep in the evolution of Camaro and hope at the same time its not a giant leap towards the 7th gen .I do like the refresh but i would not trade my 2018 for one .
I can understand that
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #131
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
I know many people that passed on the 1982 Camaro when it first came out, i ended up buying a 81 . I wouldn't call the 3rd gen ugly at all but they just didn't have that Camaro look i wanted ,so i didn't buy one . The 3rd and 4th gens i passed on for that reason and have owned at least one from every other generation . The good thing was during the 3rd and 4th gens the older Camaros were cheap ,kinda . One thing about the 3rd gens were that they sold well and brought new Camaro fans in ,and lost some old ones . Same thing is happening now with the refresh , a lot of what people have seen as a Camaro look in the front end is gone and they don't like it ,but it will bring new fans in .
On a side note the 1982 Camaro with the Iron Duke is know as one of the worst 50 cars ever made , that is ugly .
You have to watch out for those historical automotive revisionists though. The Iron Duke Camaro wasn't THAT bad for the time period. I'm sure the 2.3L 4 cyl Mustang back in '82 didn't run any better.

The Duke was probably agonizingly slow to drive in a relatively heavy Camaro/Firebird, but it pumped up CAFE numbers to allow us to have the hot "190hp" L69 5sp for '83.

I don't know about it being the worst car ever made. Back then, you had HT-4100 Cadillacs and the Olds diesel 4.3L V6's.

If I had Jay Leno's money, I think it would be fun to do a stage 3 modified LTG powered 3rd gen. I think that would be a very fun to car to drive.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #132
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
But you have to admit the front looks SOOOO much better with that bowtie blacked out

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #133
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post
In the context given, comparing the upper grille to lower grille size, yes, I think the refresh Camaro is nicely proportioned, with a smaller upper grille and larger lower grille. This gives it a sleeker look that still fits with the lines of the car, as compared to the Charger shown, which looks chunkier and top heavy. Your fullsized truck frontend quip is funny, but obviously hyperbole.

The new blazer is pretty nice, especially the interior, but using the above example I think it went too extreme - the upper grille is too small/thin, and the lower grille is too large, much like a Lexus. Still has nice lines overall though. Too bad the headlights and DRLs are swapped, IMO.

Simple design premises, but as we can all tell, still comes down to personal preference. I love my '17, but I am also really liking the '19, and looking forward to upgrading.
The proportion of upper grill to lower grill on the new SS doesn't really matter. Since they blacked out the middle, from any distance at all it just looks like one giant grill. The majority of the front of the car just looks like a black void. That, I believe, is the primary reason why so many people don't like the 2019 SS. Maybe they were intentionally going for a polarizing look. If so, they succeeded, but I think it was a bad decision.
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #134
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
You have to watch out for those historical automotive revisionists though. The Iron Duke Camaro wasn't THAT bad for the time period. I'm sure the 2.3L 4 cyl Mustang back in '82 didn't run any better.

The Duke was probably agonizingly slow to drive in a relatively heavy Camaro/Firebird, but it pumped up CAFE numbers to allow us to have the hot "190hp" L69 5sp for '83.

I don't know about it being the worst car ever made. Back then, you had HT-4100 Cadillacs and the Olds diesel 4.3L V6's.

If I had Jay Leno's money, I think it would be fun to do a stage 3 modified LTG powered 3rd gen. I think that would be a very fun to car to drive.
Your right, the iron duke 4 cyl was a good motor. The Camaro was very light back in those days and the motor served the car well. But I agree, Camaros are where V8's belong with one exception being the LGX 6th gen with 335 horse and a 7k redline.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #135
x55cam

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
I don't think it would make much sense for Chevy to design what you call an ugly refresh and have to build and sell them for the next 2 or 3 years to help the sales of a car that is no longer being produced .
No it wouldn't, and I'm not stating that it's an actually possibility , but it would not surprise me at all to see the 2018's out sell the 2019's. The 2018's will be selling like hotcakes, imo.
x55cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 PM   #136
D3adpool

Drives: Garnet Red 2018 SS 1LE "Deadpool"
I understand that people have their own opinions and likes, but based on the vast majority of Camaro owners I have met and spoken to, the '19 refresh is a big fail, especial on the SS models. I don't like the shape of the front bumper, I hate the black bar going across it, and i sure as hell hate the badge integrated in to the bumper. I do like the headlights, but that's it.

The rear is a bit better, but still not what I prefer. The bumper looks completely out of place with that weird ridge near the bottom, and I prefer the current gen tail lights.

I was curious, so I showed comparison pictures to MULTIPLE people who don't own a Gen 6 Camaro...friends, family, even men and women that I work with, some of which aren't "car" people and that couldn't differentiate a Camaro from a Camry, and asked their opinion of which style they liked better....and EVERY one has pointed to the pictures of the current '16 - '18 body style saying they think it's better looking.

Again, I'm in no way bashing anybody that likes the changes...just stating why I don't, and that the majority of other people don't as well.

LOL, maybe Chevy needs to do a "real people, not actors" commercial showing the 2 body styles and see what people say...betcha THAT one doesn't air on TV!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:30 PM   #137
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Stopped by the dealer this morning to get my 2nd and last fee oil change. While i was there I spoke to the "Camaro" sales guy. Nice guy, talked with him in the past. We talked about the 19 refresh.

He just shook his head. Said he is still getting calls for people wanting to order 2018's and they are completely sold out of 2018 and all incoming 2018 Camaro stock. They have gotten NO ONE that has pre-ordered a 2019. When he mentions the 2019 they simply say no thanks...

2019 is going to be a rough year for sales... Said it before.. I really hope it survives to see a 7th gen.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #138
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Stopped by the dealer this morning to get my 2nd and last fee oil change. While i was there I spoke to the "Camaro" sales guy. Nice guy, talked with him in the past. We talked about the 19 refresh.

He just shook his head. Said he is still getting calls for people wanting to order 2018's and they are completely sold out of 2018 and all incoming 2018 Camaro stock. They have gotten NO ONE that has pre-ordered a 2019. When he mentions the 2019 they simply say no thanks...

2019 is going to be a rough year for sales... Said it before.. I really hope it survives to see a 7th gen.
Similar story here from the sales rep that sold me my 2018 at a very high volume dealership.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #139
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Well, they'll be rare if nothing else.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #140
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
Similar story here from the sales rep that sold me my 2018 at a very high volume dealership.
ZERO surprise from me and as expected.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote