Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #29
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
What are some good hi flow cats to put on. I seen solo had some for 700 but that seems really really expensive just for hi flow cats lol or am I being cheap?
I belive solo is the only company that has specific set for the v6 camaro BBK has them with their lt headers but since your a 12 thats a no go.

I personally love the sound on mine with no cats ARK DT-S is set up with a resonated X pipe to cure it. ive only heard good things about my exhaust so it all depends on what your plans are. If you dont want to do full exhaust then just go with HFC if you dont mind replacing the exhaust then go catless either way im sure itll sound great

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #30
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
I belive solo is the only company that has specific set for the v6 camaro BBK has them with their lt headers but since your a 12 thats a no go.

I personally love the sound on mine with no cats ARK DT-S is set up with a resonated X pipe to cure it. ive only heard good things about my exhaust so it all depends on what your plans are. If you dont want to do full exhaust then just go with HFC if you dont mind replacing the exhaust then go catless either way im sure itll sound great
Well I planned on getting the Solo Mach at the end of the month. But BmoreCam (Jay) Has me thinking about getting the ARK N-II N2. Do you have any vids of your exhaust?. Im torn between SOLO and ARK right now.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
i think im gonna get shorties and add HFCS later for the entra gain. but at least my car will sound mean as hell
Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #32
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Well I planned on getting the Solo Mach at the end of the month. But BmoreCam (Jay) Has me thinking about getting the ARK N-II N2. Do you have any vids of your exhaust?. Im torn between SOLO and ARK right now.
member SIXJAX went from SOLO to ARK DT-S. He'd be the best to ask about the differences between the two. i know you're interested in the N-2 but he can answer any questions you may have about the two. i love my DT-S system.
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
HopeRidesAlone

The problem with his though is hes a 12 so he wont have the headers to go with the system on the DTS which is what i have and love it and if im not mistaking sixjax has LTs as well. Trust me the dts doesnt sound the same once you add the headers. Either way though the dts system sounds great its just alot deeper before the headers.

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback I'll shoot him a message and pick his brain. And hope definitely have to swing past and hear your ride I didn't even realize you was in MD. Hopefully not far from me.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #35
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Haha do it. I went up to White Marsh to hear his car and it made me pull the trigger on the DTS.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #36
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
see you guys have the DT-S and i have the N2
mine will have rasp wouldnt it ?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #37
HopeRidesAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Haha do it. I went up to White Marsh to hear his car and it made me pull the trigger on the DTS.

hows it treating you?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #38
HopeRidesAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
see you guys have the DT-S and i have the N2
mine will have rasp wouldnt it ?
I would have to assume so without the resonated x pipe. but i havent personally heard a N-II setup with longtubes so cant say yay or nay

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post

hows it treating you?
Love the DTS, the burnt tips get me more compliments than the sound does lol. I just wish they were the techno tips. I'm waiting for news on the DT longtubes before I make a decision on headers.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Love the DTS, the burnt tips get me more compliments than the sound does lol. I just wish they were the techno tips. I'm waiting for news on the DT longtubes before I make a decision on headers.
This

You and me both. I love the techno tip. I seen one in person awhile back when I went to a Z meet with a buddy of mine and a guy had a prototype installed and I gotta tell you, the tips are amazing. It changes color on you like it's almost alive. It looked so good on the fairlady. Maybe we can contact ARK and demand to have the techno tip put on the DTS. I'm sure it can be done and I don't see why it couldn't.
Attached Images

bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

I did contact them when I bought mine and the rep said it's possible but he wouldn't have any on hand. I thought they did the tips at the shop, not at the factory level. I forget the exacts but he said he would have to talk with the people that put it together before it gets to their warehouse. The techno tips I saw were on a Genesis and the whole thing was a metallic purple. It was so cool.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #42
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
Where can I get the burnt tips from
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote