The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Determining which exact day the car was built?? - Found??

I know you can determine the month and year the car was built by looking at the manufacturer placard on the driver's door (3/2014 for mine), but while I was looking in the trunk area in the bay containing some type of electrical systems, next to the battery bay, I found this sticker hidden in there. Is this the final assembly date or something else?? Anyone know?? Could that be the day the body was assembled ("Corvt UB" meaning maybe Corvette Uni-Body)?? It looks like a GM part number there, but with the dates and shift number specified, it begs questions. Just curious...
Attached Images

Last edited by monicatomokc; 05-04-2014 at 08:35 AM.
monicatomokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
That closely resembles a number of stickers I've seen on various parts on my Stingray. I'm pretty sure its the date of manufacture for that particular part. I know for a fact there has not been a second shift of production at the assembly plant. "UB" in this case it may mean "underbody" referring to the cargo area tub. The series of numbers is probably a part number for internal use.

I don't know where to find that information. Even my build sheet has no dates on it. I only know my build date because it was so early, they were only building a few cars a day, and I was given the VIN the date it was completed. Maybe the Archive department at the Museum can help.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Paint shop runs two shifts for every production shift.

You can get your event history from your dealer and that will have the "born date."

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
monicatomokc

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Paint shop runs two shifts for every production shift.

You can get your event history from your dealer and that will have the "born date."

Laborsmith
Thanks!! I will check with the dealer the next time I'm down there.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
monicatomokc

Called the dealer customer care person today and just asked if she could send me any information about my car when they ordered it and she sent me this. She called it a build sheet (maybe to them) and it has the build date on it!! So those of you that are looking, try asking for this.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Build Sheet.pdf (81.9 KB, 212 views)
Old 05-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicatomokc View Post
Called the dealer customer care person today and just asked if she could send me any information about my car when they ordered it and she sent me this. She called it a build sheet (maybe to them) and it has the build date on it!! So those of you that are looking, try asking for this.
You got a light one at only 1788#!
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I am not sure what GVW means in this particular case because all Build Reports that I have seen are in no way related at actual GVW. Just in case anyone wonders, I do know what the GVR means in general.

The reason I like the complete Event History report is it shows how the event codes bounce around back and forth. But both sources are good for the born date.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote