Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Lor5150

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Question Anyone else have strange moments?

Today I'm driving home, normal..and this black Infinity pulls up next to me, very cool looking, great rims, windows totally blacked out illegally, could not see the driver at all, so they are next to me, revving it up, taunting me to race..
I DID NOT give in..I drove speed the limit, (on a very busy 4 lane road) seems like they are actually getting pissed that I will not race..
the Infinity keeps revving the engine right next to me..hard, I ignore.

We come to the light, I'm making a right to go home, the Infinity goes straight..speeds by me...I'm like ok...you win!!

Now where I live, there are many side roads that go off of this main 4 lane road into the residential area. I live about 2 miles off of this road.
So I drive home, and I'm pulling into my garage, and HELLO... the black Infinity drives past my house, slowly!! WTF???

I'm like WHATTTT??? They must have shot down a side road and followed me!!! They kept driving, but I'm like so now this wacko knows where I live...wants to race that badly??!!

Just so flipping weird...anyone else experience strange or crazy stuff?? I hope this joker doesn' show up or I'm either calling the cops or
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
dont think they will do anything... some ppl just have nothing to do and drive around aimlessly... and when they see someone that wont take part in their play they will find something to do to take up their time (i.e following you)

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
Blump
: /

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I get the same thing with seemingly every Mustang around here. Annoying.
Blump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
Mustang driver's revving and performing especially a black one. Everybody wants to beat me so I let em I don't need the ticket but they go by me at 110 kms in an 80 zone!
Always the same stretch of road. Usually little imports with Noovice tags on them. I definitely don't wanna be racing an inexperienced teenager or anyone else for that matter. Been followed home a few times too. I read that if someone follows you home you should keep your key fob handy if there is an issue use your car alarm to alert your neighbors and scare anyone away who shouldn't be there! BTW works when there is a bear in your yard too!

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Berean

Drives: Truck
One time on a flight, I thought I kept seeing a gremlin out on the wing tearing the engine apart. Every time I woke my wife up to look, he disappeared. She thought I was crazy, but I'm not I tell you, I'm not.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i allways get picked on by this one aston marton... lol .. it would be a good race... ( camaro is not stock ) .. but when i see a sports car i might give it a few revs just so people know my camaro is not stock... in my area ALL the camaros are stock... lame
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Last summer my husband had a guy in a van follow him home to our house when he was driving the Camaro...the guy got out and just wanted to talk about the Camaro because he loved it...
If that would have been me driving it, alone, I would not have gone straight home...we women have to be more careful...
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor5150 View Post
Today I'm driving home, normal..and this black Infinity pulls up next to me, very cool looking, great rims, windows totally blacked out illegally, could not see the driver at all, so they are next to me, revving it up, taunting me to race..
I DID NOT give in..I drove speed the limit, (on a very busy 4 lane road) seems like they are actually getting pissed that I will not race..
the Infinity keeps revving the engine right next to me..hard, I ignore.

We come to the light, I'm making a right to go home, the Infinity goes straight..speeds by me...I'm like ok...you win!!

Now where I live, there are many side roads that go off of this main 4 lane road into the residential area. I live about 2 miles off of this road.
So I drive home, and I'm pulling into my garage, and HELLO... the black Infinity drives past my house, slowly!! WTF???

I'm like WHATTTT??? They must have shot down a side road and followed me!!! They kept driving, but I'm like so now this wacko knows where I live...wants to race that badly??!! Personally, if someone follows you home to your house, you have a right treat them like your in Texas!! In this day and age, you must be very cautious of your surroundings; people following you home, following you around, you need to keep protection. Your only driving around in a drop dead attention getter. It's a car that'll keep you in the spot light.

Just so flipping weird...anyone else experience strange or crazy stuff?? I hope this joker doesn' show up or I'm either calling the cops or
Well, out here where I live, after 9pm the highway becomes the Autobahn! I was driving home from work at 10pm when all of a sudden this white 1999 Mustang wants to race. I was about to but I didn't feel like missing my exit and wasting gas just to show him I'm faster than them. I get off at the exit, and I'm now at the red-light, and what do you know, the white Mustang followed me. He pulled side me at the light, and just was looking over also revving his little engine. He couldn't see me because I have limo-tint all around. So I'm like wow,.....fag. So I drive down the road then make the block and start to head home. I make it to my house, I'm pulling in my garage, and when this same white Mustang pulls in front of my yard and just sits there.

Now, I'm like DUDE WTF. I then reach over to my passenger seat for my gun(glock 45), when I do that, he pulls off and soon disappears. That made me angry, one thing to wanna race but it's another thing to follow a man home on a dark night and sit in front of his door. He could have been killed. Oh no, but it didn't stop there, the next 3 days I'm outside on a sunny day washing the car when "guess who" pulls up and sits in front of my yard again! The white Mustang!!

I looked back and gave him that look. He then pulled off again. I called the police and filed a report with them, just to have it on fine "just incase" something happened. A couple of days later, I'm on my way home from work again at 10pm, when this time when I make it home, I pull into my drive way about to goto the garage when all of a sudden the white Mustang, a yellow Mustang Cobra, and a Challenger R/T all pull up in front of my yard, all lined up bumper to bumper as if they're blocking me in the driveway.

I take my gun out, and hit the Onstar button and report it, they send the cops, but the guys left before the cops arrived. Another report was filed,...again. Is that weird enough for you???

Basically, this guy was stalking me. WTF? Either stalking me or stalking me with the plans car-jack me. He better hope he catches me off guard, because if not, his Mustang is going to be Found-On-Road-Dead.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #9
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
If I feel someone is following me i just go straight to the fire station thats like a minute from my house i never go straight home...One time i was at Sams club i was followed all the way to the police station 30 mins in downtown (business located there)...thats how i kept myself from getting robbed I knew they were following me since the broke like two red lights to just catch up to me and every lane change i made on the freeway they did the same...they even drove on the shoulder just so they could catch up to me...it was so scary i was all shaking and everything...i was scared for my mom and my sisters as they were with me...ever since that incident im always on the look out...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Well, out here where I live, after 9pm the highway becomes the Autobahn! I was driving home from work at 10pm when all of a sudden this white 1999 Mustang wants to race. I was about to but I didn't feel like missing my exit and wasting gas just to show him I'm faster than them. I get off at the exit, and I'm now at the red-light, and what do you know, the white Mustang followed me. He pulled side me at the light, and just was looking over also revving his little engine. He couldn't see me because I have limo-tint all around. So I'm like wow,.....fag. So I drive down the road then make the block and start to head home. I make it to my house, I'm pulling in my garage, and when this same white Mustang pulls in front of my yard and just sits there.

Now, I'm like DUDE WTF. I then reach over to my passenger seat for my gun(glock 45), when I do that, he pulls off and soon disappears. That made me angry, one thing to wanna race but it's another thing to follow a man home on a dark night and sit in front of his door. He could have been killed. Oh no, but it didn't stop there, the next 3 days I'm outside on a sunny day washing the car when "guess who" pulls up and sits in front of my yard again! The white Mustang!!

I looked back and gave him that look. He then pulled off again. I called the police and filed a report with them, just to have it on fine "just incase" something happened. A couple of days later, I'm on my way home from work again at 10pm, when this time when I make it home, I pull into my drive way about to goto the garage when all of a sudden the white Mustang, a yellow Mustang Cobra, and a Challenger R/T all pull up in front of my yard, all lined up bumper to bumper as if they're blocking me in the driveway.

I take my gun out, and hit the Onstar button and report it, they send the cops, but the guys left before the cops arrived. Another report was filed,...again. Is that weird enough for you???

Basically, this guy was stalking me. WTF? Either stalking me or stalking me with the plans car-jack me. He better hope he catches me off guard, because if not, his Mustang is going to be Found-On-Road-Dead.
Ok you win! That creepy...
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post

It sounds to me like they might be Decepticons, you haven't had anyone that looks like John Turturro hanging around your house as well have you?
balagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #12
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Never had anyone follow me home (thank god), I do get the tauntings on the interstate (busy one at that), but mostly it's by the ricer's. I have not had any Mustang do that yet. Oh and 1 Jeep Cherokee (). I hope the one's that have been followed home have a good house alarm system. A lot of these idiots, follow cars such as yours because they think you have a ton of money. So they may case your house and then break in looking for the Plasma TV's and all the goodies us "Wealthy" Camaro owners have
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:17 AM   #13
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
One time on a flight, I thought I kept seeing a gremlin out on the wing tearing the engine apart. Every time I woke my wife up to look, he disappeared. She thought I was crazy, but I'm not I tell you, I'm not.

You mean like in Twilight Zone the Movie from 1983?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #14
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
You mean like in Twilight Zone the Movie from 1983?

hahaha, I remember seeing that episode on the original Twilight Zone.... I was watching it as a kid on a dark stormy night... That part where he opened the window and the gremlin thing had his face up against the window scared the crap out of me! (mostly because the cat jumped up on the back of the couch right as he opened the window)...... I scared the cat even more
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote