Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
JacFab license plate bracket and '10-'13 factory ground effects

So I've been having a heck of a time trying to find an answer to this question:

Does the JacFab license plate bracket work with the '10-'13 factory ground effects package, mainly the front spliter/diffuser? If it needs some sort of adjustment to work what is it? I'm going to need a front license plate soon and I can't stand the thought of drilling into my front bumper cover.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
well you could get a stow and go.....
Old 11-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I have one that worked with my 2015 SS/1LE with the front splitter, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the '10-13. I'd drop an email to Jason, that would get you the best answer.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
well you could get a stow and go.....
I like the stow and go except that I doing want to drill into my car. The Jacfab doesn't require any new holes to be drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I have one that worked with my 2015 SS/1LE with the front splitter, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the '10-13. I'd drop an email to Jason, that would get you the best answer.
I tried to message Jason here and send him an email without any response. I tried to message one of his vendors and didn't hear from them either. I think it would work, but I want to be sure before spending $80 on a license plate bracket.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
I had tried to contact JacFab/Jason about 12 months ago, and was unsuccessful. Like you, I could not bring myself to drill into the car. I did find a solution. Encourage you to contact: Gilbert Aguilar eliminator bracket.com email: ascorpions1@att.net

Hope that helps!
maroonponyina1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
maroonponyina1LE

Drives: 2015 1LE
Want to also add that your modifications to the SSHARK are awesome! ABM is such a pretty color on these cars, and reminds me of both the gen 1 and now gen 6 Camaros. Wish the General had continued to offer it at least a couple more years on the gen 5 cars.
maroonponyina1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I tried to message Jason here and send him an email without any response. I tried to message one of his vendors and didn't hear from them either. I think it would work, but I want to be sure before spending $80 on a license plate bracket.
I emailed him before I bought my JacFab three years ago. I wanted to be sure too since the part wasn't cheap. I got a response from him promptly. Maybe he is just out for the holidays.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonponyina1LE View Post
I had tried to contact JacFab/Jason about 12 months ago, and was unsuccessful. Like you, I could not bring myself to drill into the car. I did find a solution. Encourage you to contact: Gilbert Aguilar eliminator bracket.com email: ascorpions1@att.net

Hope that helps!

Want to also add that your modifications to the SSHARK are awesome! ABM is such a pretty color on these cars, and reminds me of both the gen 1 and now gen 6 Camaros. Wish the General had continued to offer it at least a couple more years on the gen 5 cars.
Unfortunately eliminator bracket is no longer a webpage. I got a go daddy link when I tried it.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. I have a few things coming down the pipeline very soon that I'm very excited about, but with this move I need to get the license plate situation resolved sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I emailed him before I bought my JacFab three years ago. I wanted to be sure too since the part wasn't cheap. I got a response from him promptly. Maybe he is just out for the holidays.
I tried him a month or two ago trying to preplan for this move and nothing which is surprising. I wonder if he's just getting out of the 5th gen business.