Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I jumped into a 2015 Stingray with NPP exhaust and Oh Boy! (100% Camaro related)

Today while at the dealer submitting my order to 2000 for my 2016 Camaro 2SS. I asked if any of the vette's on the lot were standard LTI's Stingrays with the NPP option. To my delight, they had two cars that fit the bill, and they grabbed a key.

Now my dealer would not allow a test drive just so I could hear the motor. But, they were more than willing to let me fire her up and do a few revs in the different settings for the car. I was 100% okay with not driving the car as I was not a buyer and would be mad myself if it was my car and someone else wanted to joyride it and put miles on it.

But back to the story...

The car was an automatic so before I could even open the door, the salesman remote started the car. I quickly looked to the back and saw the two baffles shut (the 2 outside exhaust ports of the 4). Now the sound was tame but still had a nice grumble to it. One I know my wife wouldn't get mad at pulling into the garage late at night while the kids are sleeping.

Jumping into the car pilot seat, I engaged the brake and was able to flip through the options / setting. The car had started in tour mode. So I asked if I could swap it to Sports mode, and it was yes. Almost instantly those baffles opened up, and the sounds of amazing started to rumble out of this car. I had the driver side door open and wow... the exhaust note was amazing. It had that old school muscle sound wrapped in an F22 Raptor fighter jet skin.

I hardly pushed on the gas peddle and man she came to life. Like a lion ready to destroy something.

Now back to reality... I know this is a vette. A finely tuned instrument of perfect craftsmanship. But with how Chevy is talking about the Camaro, it is following it's big brothers footsteps.

I am sold on NPP and can't wait to hear a 2016 Camaro SS in person.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Nice....
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Very cool nice description. Can't wait to hear it too

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I did precisely the same thing 2 weeks ago to see if I wanted the Npp option and the MRC option. Dealer first said sure we can go for a drive but asked if I minded that he drove. Not at all. Like you said, I wasn't buying so it wouldn't make sense.

Came in the next day to sell the current car I owned and he says, "You ready to go?!" Of course I was. He unlocks the car and starts walking over to the passenger door. I ask, "Aren't you driving?" "Nope. You are." Holy crap. So much fun. Needless to say when the drive was over, I decided on three things.

1. No matter how much everyone loves the A8 tranny, I couldn't stop feeling like part of the experience was missing. M6 it is.
2. Npp - yeah. It's awesome.
3. MRC - man. My bank account is going to hate me.

The exhaust sounds very sweet indeed. It is very cool that you can tune the sound on the fly. It really does open up in track mode. And if I am not mistaken, you can customize your setup. Meaning if you want tour suspension, sport steering, and track exhaust you can do so. Anyone feel free correcting me if I am wrong, but I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere this was possible. At any rate, the exhaust and MRC options are very cool.

I am anxiously ready to give chevy my money.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Awesome....I ordered NPP on my car. Can't wait to hear it come to life. If its anything like the 2012 ZL1 my dealer let me start up a few years ago, it will put a big smile on my face. Sounds like this could be better.

I don't know if the car even with MRC will be THAT adjustable. From what I read, it sounded to me like you could put the NPP exhaust in any mode, but then if you adjust the drive mode, your suspension, steering, and throttle all act accordingly.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Awesome....I ordered NPP on my car. Can't wait to hear it come to life. If its anything like the 2012 ZL1 my dealer let me start up a few years ago, it will put a big smile on my face. Sounds like this could be better.

I don't know if the car even with MRC will be THAT adjustable. From what I read, it sounded to me like you could put the NPP exhaust in any mode, but then if you adjust the drive mode, your suspension, steering, and throttle all act accordingly.
That was my understanding as well...sport mode, steering, MRC suspension, and NPP exhaust all sport, tour, all tour, track all track, etc...that would be too much for me in my opinion if you could individually adjust everything.
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Today while at the dealer submitting my order to 2000 for my 2016 Camaro 2SS. I asked if any of the vette's on the lot were standard LTI's Stingrays with the NPP option. To my delight, they had two cars that fit the bill, and they grabbed a key.

Now my dealer would not allow a test drive just so I could hear the motor. But, they were more than willing to let me fire her up and do a few revs in the different settings for the car. I was 100% okay with not driving the car as I was not a buyer and would be mad myself if it was my car and someone else wanted to joyride it and put miles on it.

But back to the story...

The car was an automatic so before I could even open the door, the salesman remote started the car. I quickly looked to the back and saw the two baffles shut (the 2 outside exhaust ports of the 4). Now the sound was tame but still had a nice grumble to it. One I know my wife wouldn't get mad at pulling into the garage late at night while the kids are sleeping.

Jumping into the car pilot seat, I engaged the brake and was able to flip through the options / setting. The car had started in tour mode. So I asked if I could swap it to Sports mode, and it was yes. Almost instantly those baffles opened up, and the sounds of amazing started to rumble out of this car. I had the driver side door open and wow... the exhaust note was amazing. It had that old school muscle sound wrapped in an F22 Raptor fighter jet skin.

I hardly pushed on the gas peddle and man she came to life. Like a lion ready to destroy something.

Now back to reality... I know this is a vette. A finely tuned instrument of perfect craftsmanship. But with how Chevy is talking about the Camaro, it is following it's big brothers footsteps.

I am sold on NPP and can't wait to hear a 2016 Camaro SS in person.
Awesome...nothing like an American V8 with an awesome exhaust, oh that sound!
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
That reminds me of when I visited a dealer last year to order a C7. At that time, virtually every Stingray that arrived at the dealer was sold. On this particular visit, there was a red 2LT (non-Z51) waiting to be picked up. The salesman started the car up and changed the exhaust from Touring to "Track". I was sold. If and when I order a new Camaro, there will be no doubt that the NPP exhaust will be checked off on the order form.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Al says in the full length video from The Fest that you can totally customize everything to your taste. You can be in any mode and go into the display and customize which steering, exhaust, etc... that you want.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:40 AM   #10
F N MUSCLE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Al says in the full length video from The Fest that you can totally customize everything to your taste. You can be in any mode and go into the display and customize which steering, exhaust, etc... that you want.
That's exactly where I heard it. Straight from the Al's mouth. 😀

I really like that option. Especially if you can save presets.
F N MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:08 AM   #11
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
So you can get npp exhaust on an automatic?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:22 AM   #12
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
So you can get npp exhaust on an automatic?
Yup
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:36 AM   #13
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
That was my understanding as well...sport mode, steering, MRC suspension, and NPP exhaust all sport, tour, all tour, track all track, etc...that would be too much for me in my opinion if you could individually adjust everything.
Actually in that 30 minute Al O video posted he said you can mix and match those settings to exactly how you like them, I think that's awesome!

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I don't know if the 2016 Camaro will be different, but in the Corvette you can set the steering and exhaust independently from the "Drive Mode". For example I leave my Drive Mode in Sport, but I set the steering to track. When in neighborhoods I put the exhaust in Stealth mode, but otherwise it is set to track. So, that means you can control throttle response and suspension only via the Drive Mode.