Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Announcing: Forza 3-Way Exhaust Controller for NPP Exhaust

Prototyping and testing has been completed of the new Forza 3-Way Exhaust Controller for Camaro and Corvette C6 with the factory NPP (aka Dual Mode) Exhaust Option. The 3-Way controller provides three modes of operation for your NPP exhaust:
1. Normal Mode ... this is factory mode and the ECU controls the exhaust bypass valves.
2. Always Open ... forces bypass valves to open position at all times
3. Always Closed ... forces bypass valves to closed position at all times

Based on feedback I received from several members here on the Camaro5 Forum, I will be adding this controller to the Dual Mode Controller that was announced last month. I am very pleased with the way this has turned out. I think you will agree from the attached photos that the quality is outstanding. I have not yet set the price, but it will be less than $200.

I have used high quality components to assure the buyer high reliability. I designed the internal printed circuit board to be task specific. The PCB is manufactured by a company specializing in RF remote control communications. The wiring harness is constructed of automotive grade cabling. It is 18AWG stranded conductors. The cabling is water and oil resistant and rated 221 deg F.

You will see in the photos installation of the controller. The wiring harness that will be included with the kit, connects to the vacuum solenoid valve as you can see in the photos. This is true plug and play. As you can see, no wire splicing, no wire cutting. The kit includes everything you need to install. There are installation accessories included in the kit (3M Dual Lock Mounting Strips, cable ties, etc. which are not shown in the photos).

A key feature of the Forza Controller is the ability to use either the included remote control transmitter or a manual on/off switch that you could mount in the passenger compartment (e.g., center console). This is unique to Forza. No other controller offers this.

The photos you see here are of the prototype. I need to ramp up now with manufacturing and the product will be ready for sale in the second half of May.

[Edit ... This info not on the web site yet, but you can see the Dual Mode Controller there ... http://www.forzacomponenti.com/ ]

I wish to extend my gratitude to Ray here in the Phoenix, Arizona area for graciously allowing me to install this prototype in his magnificent 2015 Z28

Best regards,

Steve
Forza Componenti

Last edited by forzasteve; 04-15-2015 at 08:10 PM.
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
Nice!!! Looks great

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Squillo69
Banned

Drives: 2013 LS3 BRM
http://www.palmerperformance.com/sto...products_id=82

This unit controls your NPP exhaust with the cruise control switch, and performs a myriad of other functions and monitors every parameter your car's computer monitors. And you can display different custom pages of data on you HUD, MyLink and DIC. All for $280.

You might want to re-think your pricing on this OP, if all it does is open and close NPP flaps.
Squillo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo69 View Post
http://www.palmerperformance.com/sto...products_id=82

This unit controls your NPP exhaust with the cruise control switch, and performs a myriad of other functions and monitors every parameter your car's computer monitors. And you can display different custom pages of data on you HUD, MyLink and DIC. All for $280.

You might want to re-think your pricing on this OP, if all it does is open and close NPP flaps.
Thank you for your most informative posting. You did not mention if you have the DashLink device ... it is always a treat to have someone offer advice using hearsay data. I will take your advice under consideration.

Just for the record, I believe Palmer Performance have very good quality products and I endorse them. But, just a quick question ... if you use DashLogic to setup the cruise control switch to control the NPP exhaust, what do you then use for the cruise control? I expect you then have to go through some menu system to revert back to cruise control ... then what you do use for the NPP control? Just asking. Maybe I am wrong, but seems to me you have to choose which one you want to control.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by forzasteve; 04-15-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
The dashlink thing sounds cool, I haven't really seen it on a Camaro. But not everyone will want that, I bet a lot of people would want this product. It sounds like it will be priced around the same as that new throttle controller and people are eating those things up. If I had NPP I would probably buy one.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I don't like gadgets that perform a myriad of functions. I prefer something dedicated to its purpose, like this Forza controller. I'll be watching this closely.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #7
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
DaskLink basically sets up so that when the cruise control is on, the valves are closed and you can still use cruise control. When you turn the cruise control off, the valves open. I would still like to see a product like this one tho. Standalone.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
DaskLink basically sets up so that when the cruise control is on, the valves are closed and you can still use cruise control. When you turn the cruise control off, the valves open. I would still like to see a product like this one tho. Standalone.
That is better than I thought. That sounds pretty neat. My personal preference, as you and others have stated, is that I would prefer a device that is task specific and not all inclusive. From what I have seen on the DashLink ... it is an excellent OBD-II reader. I have a Wi-Fi OBD-II device that I got for like $20 or so for my cars and I use the iPhone app DashCmd ... works pretty well, but it is not nearly the function of Palmer Performance device. One thing I found with these OBD-II apps on the iPhone ... it is almost too much information. Some of the data it displays ... and I think this is true of Dash Command as well ... is info you cannot use, at least no use it while driving. But, I can fully understand why there are those who like it.

Steve
Old 04-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #9
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
very interested would replace my M2W with this in a second.. as loud as my car is with the new engine getting the valves to stay closed when starting up early or creeping home through the neighborhood late.. every decibel helps..
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:51 PM   #10
Squillo69
Banned

Drives: 2013 LS3 BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
Thank you for your most informative posting. You did not mention if you have the DashLink device ... it is always a treat to have someone offer advice using hearsay data. I will take your advice under consideration.

Just for the record, I believe Palmer Performance have very good quality products and I endorse them. But, just a quick question ... if you use DashLogic to setup the cruise control switch to control the NPP exhaust, what do you then use for the cruise control? I expect you then have to go through some menu system to revert back to cruise control ... then what you do use for the NPP control? Just asking. Maybe I am wrong, but seems to me you have to choose which one you want to control.

Regards,

Steve
Yes, I have the DashLink installed in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Exactly how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
That is better than I thought. That sounds pretty neat. My personal preference, as you and others have stated, is that I would prefer a device that is task specific and not all inclusive. From what I have seen on the DashLink ... it is an excellent OBD-II reader. I have a Wi-Fi OBD-II device that I got for like $20 or so for my cars and I use the iPhone app DashCmd ... works pretty well, but it is not nearly the function of Palmer Performance device. One thing I found with these OBD-II apps on the iPhone ... it is almost too much information. Some of the data it displays ... and I think this is true of Dash Command as well ... is info you cannot use, at least no use it while driving. But, I can fully understand why there are those who like it.

Steve
The displays you can set up on the DashLink are fully customizable. You have 8 pages of data that you can scroll through using the door lock button, all 8 of which can be programmed to monitor whatever you want it to monitor on the HUD, the DIC and the MyLink screen. For example, on my HUD I have speed, Real time MPGs, HP, torque and g-force, while on my MyLink I display % of fuel left (which is handy when you get to the point where the DIC just tells you "Low Fuel Level"), and on the DIC I display 0-60 time, 60 foot time, 1/8 mile time, and 1/4 mile time.

But like I said, it also monitors every parameter your car monitors, and you can setup up 8 pages of fully customizable data, and you can program to display as much or as little as you want it to.
Squillo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #11
forzasteve

I have to admit the DashLink sounds like a good product. I have seen or read about Palmer products, and they have a great reputation.

I do not personally want or need the function that is within DashLink. I have a simple OBD-II reader that is Wi-Fi to my iPhone and with the app on iPhone I am able to read CEL codes and the like. That is really all I need or want. Although sounds great to be able to customize the HUD with any number of functions ... for me, that is way too much information.

Obviously, for some one who wants the vast customization, then the Dash Link is good choice. My intent is to provide a reliable product that is very task specific so that the user does not have to go through a vast array of options that would be required in Dash Link to merely control the exhaust bypass valves. As explained to me, using Dash Link, you link the exhaust bypass valves to the cruise control such that when you engage cruise control, the valves are closed (ECU control) and when you disengage cruise control the valves are open. That limits the user to opening and closing the bypass valves to the cruise control. What if you wanted to close the valves and have the cruise control off? Or vice versa?

The Forza controller will allow the user to use either a small remote control transmitter or install a manual On/Off switch to control the bypass valves. The driver can quickly and easily control the valves without resorting to a menu of other options.

Best regards,

Steve
Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM   #12
forzasteve

3-Way Controller Available for Shipping

I am pleased to announce that the Forza 3-Way Controller for Camaro's with the NPP exhaust system is now available for shipping.

The 3-Way controller was developed based on feedback from this forum's users who told me that they wanted the ability to have full control of the vehicle's NPP (dual-mode) exhaust.
  1. Normal Mode (stock mode, nothing changes from stock)
  2. Always Open (the exhaust bypass valves are always open)
  3. Always Closed (the exhaust bypass valves are always closed)
For more details and to order the 3-Way Exhaust Controller, I invite you to visit the Forza Web Site ... http://www.forzacomponenti.com/index.html

Best regards,

Steve
Old 05-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #13
BostiPB

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Steve,

Great to hear. I am planning on placing an order next week.
2014 2SS/RS - Red Rock Metallic - Kooks Headers, Corsa Extreme, Factory Reproductions Z28 Rims, Pedders Coilovers, JDP Clutch Reservoir, Summit Racing Line Lock, GM Strut Brace, GM low profile splash guards, Roto-fab CAI, Oracle Ghosted Sidemarker Lights & Concept Mirrors, ZL1 Side Skirts, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, BMR Subframe Connectors, Eaton Truetrac, Yukon 4.11s, GForce Renegade Axles, Speedmaster79 Diff Cover, Offset Diff Bushings, Every Suspension Bushing Front & Rear Replaced with BMR Poly Bushings - 421HP 412TQ
BostiPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #14
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Very nice.

I know you've been working hard on this product.

Congrats.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote