Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #1
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Unhappy No longer a Camaro owner :-(

Ok so here's the story. This actually happened about 2 weeks ago now but I just never got around to letting you guys know. For the past few months my dad and I had been fighting pretty much once a week. Eventually it got to the point one day that I didn't come home after work and just slept in the Camaro (not very comfortable in case you're wondering). A couple days later I talked to my mom and asked if she would let me move in with her (I hadn't talked to her in at least 4 years but I had no other choice). The next day I left my dad's house. Since I got my Camaro when I was 17 we had to put it in my dad's name completely even though he never paid a penny of it. Since it was in his name he wouldn't let me take it and if I did take it he threatened to report it stolen and have me arrested. So I let him keep it. From what I understand he's just going to let the bank repo it. Like I said now I'm living with my mom and I used some of the money I had saved up for a down payment on a 2005 Silverado. I thought about getting a used Camaro or Vette but I figured it would never be as good as what my Camaro was and I'd end up hating the thing. With the truck I can't really compare it to the Camaro (at least not fairly) and I also have 4 wheel drive which will be good for winter. I loved having that Camaro and I will miss her. I left a note under the bracket that holds the battery in for the new owner to find. Hopefully he/she will let me know how she's doing. I had a lot of good memories with that car but honestly at my age a $543 car payment was pretty high even though I could easily afford it, it just didn't allow me to save to much. With the Silverado I'm saving almost $300 a month with car payment and insurance. I guess in the long run it'll work out even though I lost about $13,000 that I had already paid for the Camaro and all the insurance and other stuff that goes with it.
I have the payments on her made up until the 19th. I'm guessing sometime after that they'll come and take her. If you ever come across #2015 Victory Red no stripes 1LT/RS black cloth, auto, conveinence and connectivity with Injen intake, Flowmaster exhaust, and 1" lowering springs....PLEASE let me know! I don't have the money now to buy her back but I'd at least like to know where she is and maybe someday buy her again when I can financially. I'll still hang around on the forums just because I still love everything Camaro!

Again if you find her some place, please let me know where she is! Also my phone number is (717) 332-2675 and email is dtm4192@yahoo.com
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
dtm4192

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Not sure if this will help in finding her, but the bank she was financed through was GMAC. Maybe if somebody has connections they can track down where she ends up after the bank sells her.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
dam, thats some story... i really feel for you man
Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
well, your dads credit will get shot to hell and depending on what the car sells for, the bank may still come after him for some money.....

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Sad story, hope it works out somehow.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #6
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Ya Dude; you have to look on the bright side, it's not your credit that is getting harmed its your fathers, he is making a huge mistake with his credit by letting them repo it. With the truck you are at least building your credit, heck with the way things are turning out your father may one day be coming to you for a Co sign on something, lol.
Enjoy the truck you deserve it.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
So Sorry to hear about the emotional strife in your young life. They're plenty of new Camaro's coming down the pike though. Work hard, stay on task building a brighter future for yourself and make those new truck payments timely, and if your heart desires you'll be able to purchase another using your own great credit file one day soon by doing so.

Oddly enough for dear old dad.......................

He's got his own delemia to deal with now.....................good sons ( who grow to become responsible young men) are a bit more difficult to find. Try and not punish him for being human ( Regrets and mistakes are difficult to own up too) and if possible, extend a hand of reconcilliation and not bring up the past car issues........... You'll be a better man for aleast trying.

Being the father of four children for the past thirty odd years ( 2-boy's & 2-girls) and having been a son to a father myself, I have faced many scenarios in all reality that are similiar to yours, as impossible as it may seem this minute in time, try and not let pride and temper get the worse of an already difficult situation, all will be as well, in the end as it can be. Remember, history does not need to repeat itself!...........Chin up and Good Luck Young Man. Dave /Casper
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Man that sucks. Too bad you also didn't know you dad has no legal right to report the car stolen and have you arrested. It doesn't matter who's name it is in. If you have legal permission to the car, and you been the one making payments, then the police will only tell your dad this is a civil matter. Now your dad can come and take the car from you but you also can go and take it back. I have been in this situation before. I should say that a girl I was dating was in this situation with an ex where a car was in his name but she was the one making payments. Police got involved and this is what they said and walked away. Was 100% civil matter.

Now he may be able to talk to the bank about having a voluntary repo but he also may be bluffing. who wants a repo on their credit report? And if you called the bank and explained the situation and still continue to make payments, they probably wouldn't even allow a voluntary repo.

At this point if I was you, I would call the bank and let them know what's up and that you will continue to make payments. Tell the bank what is up and see if they will not allow your dad to repo it as long as there are payments. Most likely they don't want a repo, they may lose a lot of money themselves.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #9
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Uhhhh.... why were you fighting with your Dad anyway? If my son fought with me (and he was over 18) he would be out of the house. The Dad is the head of the household and by divine right you are supposed to honor him.
The problem in these days is there is little respect for the father of the family.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Uhhhh.... why were you fighting with your Dad anyway? If my son fought with me (and he was over 18) he would be out of the house. The Dad is the head of the household and by divine right you are supposed to honor him.
The problem in these days is there is little respect for the father of the family.
Hello,

As a father of four now young men, I know things are not always smooth. We do not know all the specifics so we cannot past judgement on this young man. Yes, we should always honor our mother and father and the man is the head of the household, however, we fathers should not be exasperating our children and should always treat them with honor and respect as well. Keep your chin up, remember your dad is a person too and we should all forgive in the long run.

Thanks,

Robert

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
Old 09-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Lets please not unintentionally mislead this young man or suggest that he ruin his life building a permanent arrest record...........It is certainly a very serious legal matter in every state of the union, and if dad takes or has the car, the young man should not in any case, attempt to take aka (Steal it back). It doesn't matter who making the payments, so long the legally registered owner "Hasn't Given Current Permission to be in Possession of the Car". If that were the case, always have the arrangement in writing and have it notary signed and sealed.

There are also insurance criteria and requirements that would be impossible for this young man to circumvent, being the father is the legally registered owner. A possible repossession can not be circumvented by anyone, other than officially written and recorded arrangements, agreed upon between the lender/ loan maker, signatured borrower and or co-signer, if there were one on the loan documentation and title being held as collateral by the lending facility.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #12
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgss3 View Post
Hello,

As a father of four now young men, I know things are not always smooth. We do not know all the specifics so we cannot past judgement on this young man. Yes, we should always honor our mother and father and the man is the head of the household, however, we fathers should not be exasperating our children and should always treat them with honor and respect as well. Keep your chin up, remember your dad is a person too and we should all forgive in the long run.

Thanks,

Robert
Robert,

What else do you need to know than he was fighting with his Dad. Are any of your boys over 18? My first one turned 20 last year and he decided to test me in my own house. I won (non violently of course).

My son needed this lesson so that when he becomes a father he will learn to be a good father (and a good husband).
Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Glad I have all girls..... I am not worried about how someone else's son takes my lesson.

We have all had turmoil with our father's/parents. It is part of growing up and maturing. As we grow, we test boundaries, and learn from our mistakes...

The only thing I see that would bother me is you running to your mother instead of working it out with your father. That statement having nothing to do with which one it was.... If it was your Mother you were arguing with and ran to your Father I would feel the same exact way. Turning to someone you have not spoken to in 4 years is on the (using them) side..... Just my opinion... we all have them...

Life is going to be FULL of disagreements with parents, bosses, spouses, the chick at the drive through.... Every where you go... learn to work through them, not run from them. Coming from parents who divorced when I was 2... You are going to live to regret having a damaged or distant relationship with your father and or mother.... Trust me on this one. When they are gone, it will be you who has all the regret.

Better yet. Forget completely about the car... Focus on repairing your relationship with your Father and Building one with your Mother.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #14
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Problem I have with this story... is the car registered to him, or is it OWNED and registered to him? Because if he signed for it and let's the car get repo'ed, his credit is going to take a nose dive when he fails to make payments.

If the car isn't owned by him, but just registered, then you have legal claims to it. You'd just need to fight that case, and prove that you made all of the payments on it. If you put effort into owning the car, I wouldn't bail on it that quick.

Plus, what were you fighting over. Sometimes kids need a swift kick in the A. Was he unjustified in whatever he was arguing with you about?

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!

Closed Thread