Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Feedback on Active Rev Match

For those lucky folks taking delivery soon please provide some feedback on the Active Rev Match feature of the MN6. I am only aware of the Corvette and Nissan 370z as other cars with this feature so I am curious if it makes you feel like a pro by executing butter smooth shifts or if it takes away from the experience at all?
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I've driven my friends C7 with it many times. It is cool, still better to do it yourself if you know how, but on the street having the car do it is cool. It makes the exhaust level jump up for a second too obviously when you downshift, which sounds neat. If you don't like it, or don't downshift often, just turn it off.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #3
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
The funny thing is, I feel like I've just recently perfected my heel-toe'ing in my 5th gen.

I wonder if It will be hard to break the downshift blip habit.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
The funny thing is, I feel like I've just recently perfected my heel-toe'ing in my 5th gen.

I wonder if It will be hard to break the downshift blip habit.
Oh it will be hard to break the habit. I kept doing it with the ARM on and getting double downshifts LOL.

I actually do love the ARM system. I am actually pretty impressed. I was initially very very skeptical about it and could say bitched at why they added till they said you CAN turn it OFF. A system being there which allows you to actually turn it off is a great thing, you can use it or not use it.

I will tell you this though, the system does %100 downshift correctly which is really impressive. After 550+ miles, I have gotten used to it. The only weird thing is, when coming at a stop for example, you kick the gear to nuetral from whatever gear you are in and it downshifts for you. Nothing wrong with it but I find it a bit useless. Though I do drool every time I hear that engine so it doesn't annoy me haha.

The gear position showing up on your dash turns yellow when ARM is engaged and white when ARM is OFF.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
joemosfet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
The only weird thing is, when coming at a stop for example, you kick the gear to nuetral from whatever gear you are in and it downshifts for you. Nothing wrong with it but I find it a bit useless.
Ahh, because it thinks you're planning to downshift, not just come to a stop?

Does it sound neat? I saw a video with the Corvette ARMing around and it sounded kinda cool.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
Old 11-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Ahh, because it thinks you're planning to downshift, not just come to a stop?

Does it sound neat? I saw a video with the Corvette ARMing around and it sounded kinda cool.
Yeah, ARM still thinks I am downshifting but I am kicking it into Neutral. I would be shifting to a lower gear if I were downshifting lol. It isn't an issue but I am sure they may or even tried to make it even perfect haha.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #7
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
It is a little slow to come on in my '14 Stingray. I find it fun to use, but if you're really trying to run you can do it faster with your foot.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:

The only weird thing is, when coming at a stop for example, you kick the gear to nuetral from whatever gear you are in and it downshifts for you.
You say it downshifts for you, but I assume you mean it still blips the throttle even though neutral, not a gear was selected obviously LOL?

Quote:
The gear position showing up on your dash turns yellow when ARM is engaged and white when ARM is OFF.
I had no idea the manual told you what gear you are in on the dash...that's different. Can you take a pic of this, I don't think I have seen this before.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #9
joemosfet

Quote:
Yeah, ARM still thinks I am downshifting but I am kicking it into Neutral. I would be shifting to a lower gear if I were downshifting lol. It isn't an issue but I am sure they may or even tried to make it even perfect haha.
Ahhh, gotcha.

I don't really see them being able to "fix" this, as I don't know how would the vehicle know if the driver is slowing down and getting out of gear to stop or if he's slowing down to go around a corner.

Any chance we could get you to take a video of the ARM doing its thing? I'd love to hear it as well as see it in action.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Ahhh, gotcha.

I don't really see them being able to "fix" this, as I don't know how would the vehicle know if the driver is slowing down and getting out of gear to stop or if he's slowing down to go around a corner.

Any chance we could get you to take a video of the ARM doing its thing? I'd love to hear it as well as see it in action.
The 30 minute video test of the yellow SS that was posted a week or so ago here, by that Saab___ something guy on YouTube has a nice part with a Go Pro on the back bumper while he downshifts with the ARM on. It sounds cool...
Old 11-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
joemosfet

Yeah, too bad the guy with the sinus infection keeps talking over it:

http://youtu.be/z9Lvtv0MP_4?t=3m32s

Old 11-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #12
TheSpectre

Drives: Boxster GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
For those lucky folks taking delivery soon please provide some feedback on the Active Rev Match feature of the MN6. I am only aware of the Corvette and Nissan 370z as other cars with this feature so I am curious if it makes you feel like a pro by executing butter smooth shifts or if it takes away from the experience at all?
I have it in my Boxster. I have not been able to heel-toe despite driving stick for nearly 20 years. My ankles/feet just do not cooperate.

I love this feature, so much fun, and makes downshifting around town quite a bit smoother.
TheSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:28 AM   #13
Tr6
The Dogfather

I'll have my wife record it as I do need my hands to drive with the manual lol.

And summit white SS, yes. You know what I meant lol. It blips the throttle for you when I do downshift.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
I'll have my wife record it as I do need my hands to drive with the manual lol.

And summit white SS, yes. You know what I meant lol. It blips the throttle for you when I do downshift.
Cool, get a pic of the dash gear display too please...