Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-19-2015, 02:56 AM   #43
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I will say, one thing he did not LOVE was the fact that the car was 100% GROWL mode.

We lived in a complex where the garage was next to the apartments. He would have to roll the car out of the garage in the morning before turning it on because he knew that the startup would wake up the old lady that lived one wall away from the garage. He felt bad.

That's also respectable something you don't find much of these days.

My question is, I would love to get the NPP exhaust but I plan on putting a pro charger on the car... Will that even still work? Tried researching, all I could find is a guy who did it and the valves stop working cause of a vac line that wasn't there... Never said anything after that about making it work. Anyone have any insight on this. It might be my divide on getting the stock npp or aftermarket.
Subperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #44
CmeltoN91

Drives: 13 Elantra Coupe(not for long!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subperfect View Post

My question is, I would love to get the NPP exhaust but I plan on putting a pro charger on the car... Will that even still work? Tried researching, all I could find is a guy who did it and the valves stop working cause of a vac line that wasn't there... Never said anything after that about making it work. Anyone have any insight on this. It might be my divide on getting the stock npp or aftermarket.
I believe that the NPP used to be ran off vacuum..but the newest version is electronically actuated instead.
CmeltoN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #45
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
You know, I like the idea of aftermarket exhaust, but I like more the idea of being able to adjust the sound with a flick of a knob (so people don't hear me enter the neighborhood unless i want them to )

That and the price comparison between the ~$900 NPP exhaust and a ~$1300 Corsa cat back made me decide to go with NPP.
All of this is why NPP is for me.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #46
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I'm all in for NPP, unless the stock exhaust sounds better. I can't pay a thousand dollars for an option that makes my car sound worse, even if the option does allow for customization.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM   #47
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I'm all in for NPP, unless the stock exhaust sounds better. I can't pay a thousand dollars for an option that makes my car sound worse, even if the option does allow for customization.
Well dual pipes vs quad pipes already makes a huge difference. Defining what would make it sound worse? NPP allows you to close off 2 pipes to muffle the sound. When they are wide open it sounds as if they are not installed.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #48
mt3130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Well dual pipes vs quad pipes already makes a huge difference. Defining what would make it sound worse? NPP allows you to close off 2 pipes to muffle the sound. When they are wide open it sounds as if they are not installed.
I am confident that the dual mode will be better, but I would like to hear both before I decide. To me, louder isn't necessarily better, I like deeper tones, and I have to feel like the option is worth the extra money.

I know this opinion is going to get me blasted around here, but my neighbor and boss both have a C6, and I don't think that car sounds good. It's a phenomenal car on its merits, but the exhaust tone is higher pitched than I would prefer, and the engine sound in the cabin leaves something to be desired as well.

I hope the Camaro sounds much more muscle car (like its competition) than sports car (like the Corvette). Again, its all very subjective, so some (probably most) will wholeheartedly disagree with my opinion.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #49
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I am confident that the dual mode will be better, but I would like to hear both before I decide. To me, louder isn't necessarily better, I like deeper tones, and I have to feel like the option is worth the extra money.

I know this opinion is going to get me blasted around here, but my neighbor and boss both have a C6, and I don't think that car sounds good. It's a phenomenal car on its merits, but the exhaust tone is higher pitched than I would prefer, and the engine sound in the cabin leaves something to be desired as well.

I hope the Camaro sounds much more muscle car (like its competition) than sports car (like the Corvette). Again, its all very subjective, so some (probably most) will wholeheartedly disagree with my opinion.
In most cases that has a lot to do with the Cats. Even a simple X pipe addition can change that sound.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #50
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:

Just because you put a blower on doesn't mean you lose constant vacuum. A blower install just means vacuum must be pulled from the low-pressure side of the blower, which should be under constant vacuum, if the engine is running.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #51
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Just because you put a blower on doesn't mean you lose constant vacuum. A blower install just means vacuum must be pulled from the low-pressure side of the blower, which should be under constant vacuum, if the engine is running.
Yes, I understand that. My initial question was the compatibility of the blower and NPP exhaust,cause from what I read sometimes the valves won't function properly.
Subperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #52
mt3130

Quote:
Yes, I understand that. My initial question was the compatibility of the blower and NPP exhaust,cause from what I read sometimes the valves won't function properly.
If it's electronically actuated instead of controlled using a vacuum, then I wouldn't think its an issue.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #53
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
ZL1's come standard with the NPP exhaust and it works very well.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #54
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
I just left a dealer. I asked them if I could hear a corvette with dual mode exhaust start up and hear the different settings....he told me that I would not be able to hear the difference in just an idle and that we would have to go drive it to hear the difference. So he started it up for me only. I was not impressed at all by the sound. I thought you could move the switch and open up the outside valves to hear a different setting? And let me ask this, if I do get the NPP exhaust, I cannot change the mufflers and still have the option to change the settings? The only way to really make it louder is with headers? Because my car is really loud now and I love it. I have LT headers with Borla ATAK exhaust and NoWeeds. Love the loudness. Also, this is off topic, but they had a Z28 next to the Corvette and I asked him about the recaro seats and he said he didn't like them at all(feels tight on you) I know this is how they're supposed to feel because they are race seats. I didn't ask to sit in them because I was limited on time, but with me being a big guy(6'5 375) I feel as they won't be comfortable at all for me? Any bigger guys like the recaro seats?

Last edited by SSNYSTR; 08-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #55
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Sister-in-law's dad recently got a new Z06. I listened to him start it up on Sunday. Sounded great. I realize the blower probably makes it sound different from the standard LT1 but it was nice. It was on a neighborhood street so he couldn't get on it much when leaving. I'll be checking the box for NPP.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #56
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNYSTR View Post
I just left a dealer. I asked them if I could hear a corvette with dual mode exhaust start up and hear the different settings....he told me that I would not be able to hear the difference in just an idle and that we would have to go drive it to hear the difference. So he started it up for me only. I was not impressed at all by the sound. I thought you could move the switch and open up the outside valves to hear a different setting?
You should hear the difference easily at an idle. I have a '14 Stingray with NPP and it is VERY noticeable as soon as you move the switch.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote