Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I don't see any camaro bodies driving around 'down under' anytime soon, I see Zeta chassis and powertrains running the streets of Australia under cover of other Holden models [/QUOTE]

I can't agree more.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
I think the camaro production car "unveiling" will sort of happen in the next few weeks when prototypes of the production car hit the roads, depending on how much camoflague is put on the car (is any camo really needed at this point.....!) We will be able to see what the production car will look like and what elements were changed...
I agreed with you and was typing that. Now, I'm having second thoughts. If they have the production version in Australia running the streets, why can't they have another for GM to show at NAIAS in Detroit? The only reason I can think of why they don't show it is this... You release the final version in Jan of 07...then show the transformers movie in July of 07. You still have two years before it is released? I don't know. That's some pretty bad promotional moves for GM. I see a lot of people losing interest and buying other brands. They have to be very smart with this. If they show the final version, they have to come out with it at the end of 07 (with Transformers keeping it alive halfway throughout the year).

Don't get me wrong. I have my hopes up too and think it IS possible that they show the final version. They will have some information...something....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #17
LowRider
LowRider

Tag I wish you could be right on this. Maybe you are maybe your not. But for now we are all in the dark. Just waiting on the light.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #18
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I agreed with you and was typing that. Now, I'm having second thoughts. If they have the production version in Australia running the streets, why can't they have another for GM to show at NAIAS in Detroit? The only reason I can think of why they don't show it is this... You release the final version in Jan of 07...then show the transformers movie in July of 07. You still have two years before it is released? I don't know. That's some pretty bad promotional moves for GM. I see a lot of people losing interest and buying other brands. They have to be very smart with this. If they show the final version, they have to come out with it at the end of 07 (with Transformers keeping it alive halfway throughout the year).

Don't get me wrong. I have my hopes up too and think it IS possible that they show the final version. They will have some information...something....

Maybe they'll unveil the Production version at the New York autoshow instead. That would work better with the timing of the tests being currently done in Australia. Maybe I'm wrong here, but it seems to me that they already have the major leg work done on the Camaro. The Zeta chassis cars (Commodore, Impala, etc.,) already have their camoulflaged (and non-camoulflaged) spy photos floating around everywhere(http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/...-commodore-ve/. Shouldn't be too hard to slap a body together with a Zeta chassis for an auto show.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I really have no idea what to expect. I'm lost on this one. I know we'll see somthing. It's just a month away.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #20
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
The stars are aligned for an early '08 arrival.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #21
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
The stars are aligned for an early '08 arrival.
It sure looks that way. GM is working hard to get it out the door. That's obvious. Unlike the Dodge Challenger, for which you hear absolutely no rumors, nothing. I wonder why.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #22
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
Not to be rude because I'm a fan of both the new Camaro and Challenger but I want the Camaro first and I know that I spend some time on this forum looking around but have made no effort to find any extra info about the Challenger other than what I read here. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that we haven't heard as much about the Challenger because we aren't looking as hard and aren't as interested?
yourbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Personally, I do like the looks of the Challenger and am looking forward to its release. But, I'm just not as interested in the Challenger as I am in the Camaro. Two guys from work both said that if the Challenger was priced right, they were going to buy one. I say, "good for them." Dodge can do it and do it well, but I don't really care to follow. I can't recall once doing a google search on the Challenger. Not my cup of tea.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #24
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbassist View Post
Not to be rude because I'm a fan of both the new Camaro and Challenger but I want the Camaro first and I know that I spend some time on this forum looking around but have made no effort to find any extra info about the Challenger other than what I read here. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that we haven't heard as much about the Challenger because we aren't looking as hard and aren't as interested?
All you have to do is a search for the Challenger on the net and you can find just as many Mopar fans on forums like this one. As for the look of the challenger, I like it but they need to do something with the ass end. I don’t know what it is but it just does not flow with the rest of the car.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #25
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I can't wait til 08 in a way. I think I'm going to volunteer to stay in iraq for a year. lol so I can save my money. I'd have enough (I hope) to buy the top end model with a very small loan. lol
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #26
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbassist View Post
I've been to the Dodge Challenger forums and Dodge forums. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing in Leftlane news. I guess since they're building it on a shortened wheelbase of the Chrysler 300C chassis, they're confident that they don't need to make alot of changes or test the car too much. Not a good strategy in IMO. At least GM is working hard to get the car right. That's good sign. More testing=fewer bugs in production version.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #27
LowRider
LowRider

I like the looks of the new challenger, but I like the Camaro better
Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #28
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
A mere 24 days till press time at NAIAS.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote