Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #71
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
No matter whose "fault" it is, im sorry for your losses :( ill keep an eye out for that Camaro... maybe see her around if im lucky
Old 09-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #72
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Dang, your dad owes you 13K, send him a bill lol..Good luck, get a good job and you'll have another one soon. I'm still looking for a job and I even have a degree, ugh.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #73
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
your relationship with you father is FAR more important than some heap of metal.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #74
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Uhhhh.... why were you fighting with your Dad anyway? If my son fought with me (and he was over 18) he would be out of the house. The Dad is the head of the household and by divine right you are supposed to honor him.
The problem in these days is there is little respect for the father of the family.
I would normally agree that we need to have more respect for everyone in society, such as our parents, our teachers, our neighbors, and strangers we meet along the way.

However, we have no true basis of knowledge when it comes to the OP. He was informing us that he is no longer a Camaro owner. That's sad, not the end of the world by any means, but sad.

Most people are making many assumptions, such as the OP is a stuck up kid who thinks everything should be handed to him on a silver platter. However, just by reading his post, I can't say if that is true or not. It may be, it may not be.

I know people do know, and you also probably know, that NOT all fathers earned the right to be respected. I can tell you from personal experience that mine didn't. He beat my mom for years. When I was a kid I would sit in my room and try to read a book and 'pretend' I didn't hear what was going on. It wasn't until I was 22 years old, and home from college for a summer, when I finally did what I should have done years earlier -- I called the police. I truly thought he was going to kill my mom this time.

Just like the OP, this is just a sliver of my life story. I would have to write a novel to share the entire story. I have only seen my Dad a handful of times in the past 10 years, and never without someone else present. His entire side of the family disowned me because as my Grandma put it "A child should never interfere with their parents’ relationship." Well I would have to disagree, when a child sees her father choking the life out of her mother, it is time to interfere. I am ashamed I waited as long as I did.

Does this mean the OP's father was abusing him? No of course not. What I am trying to show you is that everyone has different experiences in their lives that shape the way they view it.

Maybe the OP's father is a SOB.

Maybe the OP is a SOB.

The point is without more information no one knows.

The OP was sharing a story, and all of a sudden people are branding him a horrible person. It's time to take a step back and think...is there more to the story...am I jumping to conclusions?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #75
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
this is a civil matter. have documentation of all your payments on the car and take your dad to court for ownership. if you can prove that you made all the payments then your dad will be forced to pay you for all the payments or forfeit the vehicle to you. can you get a loan for the vehicle after this or is that why the loan is in dad's name?

Quote:
................ The OP states...........Since I got my Camaro when I was 17 we had to put it in my dad's name completely even though he never paid a penny of it.
A court will not compel the registered and titled owner to forfeit anything. The Dad's, the one who is soley obligated for the responsibilites of a legally binding contract between himself and the lien / title holder / loan maker. It would be easy to imagine the lien holders response, if a court would act contarily in matters like these. Everyone would buy there children, family and friends cars, pretend to have problems getting along, and then frauduantly agree to be taken to court in order the car be forfeited, with-out say so or legal recourse by lending institutions.

A child of the age of 17 can not legally contract anything...................nor could he become a legal party to putting anything in his dads name.

The general agreements between he and his dad that he learn and put into practice, consistant life responsibilities by earning the money for the car payments, insurance, gas, taxes, ie, are meaningless in civil legal proceedings regarding true proof of ownership of the vehicle............. these are simple unrefundable terms the OP made in order he compel his dad to put him in his dream ride, nothing more or less.

Its equally obvious that the dad's ability to purchase, indebt, assume great risks and obligation acquiring a new car for his son............required that he, be at minimum, well schooled in maintaining his credit worthyness. In fact, it appears he's a highly responsible person. There is no reason nor undisputable facts presented here that he be labeled a poor or bad parent............simply because his parenting style be his own, in the same fashion his son is.

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 09-07-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #76
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Robert,

What else do you need to know than he was fighting with his Dad. Are any of your boys over 18? My first one turned 20 last year and he decided to test me in my own house. I won (non violently of course).

My son needed this lesson so that when he becomes a father he will learn to be a good father (and a good husband).
1 Timothy 2:11 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission" Interesting you should quote that scripture in your signature.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #77
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
OP take it from somebody who went through a very similar situation. Rebuild your relationship with your parents. You just walked out on your dad and you haven't talked to your mom in 4 years. Family is the most important thing in life, it took me starting my own family to realize that. Reconcile with both your parents, they love you. It may not seem like it now but your dad really does love you as does your mom. I have no idea the extent of your situation but I GUARANTEE you your parents love you. Like I said I am a few small steps ahead of you in a very similar situation, if you want to talk feel free to PM me. Good luck and keep your head up.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #78
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
HMMMM maybe you should read my posts again... I never assumed anything, others might have.
Hmmm, maybe you should read your own posts again, let's see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Do you really believe that.... He obviously said that in the heat of the moment. Why would he screw himself over...
Proof of this, or is this simply an assumption on your part? Ding ding ding sing, we have a winner Johnny! Since there is absolutely zero evidence of any of this from the OP, it is, in fact, an assumption on your part. No facepalms needed.

But wait, there is more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee
Probably a responsible guy who will sell it or trade it in.
Look at it from the dads side... the kid has pretty much screwed him over with this car deal
Ah yes, not only a HUGE assumption, but followed with an unfounded accusation against the "kid" that, so far as we know without assuming, has at least been making 100% of the payments and wanted to continue to do so.

See, unlike you, I'm not going to make an ass out of myself by ASSuming.

Quote:
As far as screwed over... Would you get a car loan in your name... register the car in your name... then after a big fight let him run off with it. I don't think so Rip... and I don't care who's making the payments. Sorry I might be a control freak, but I kind of like to keep tabs on things I'm ultimately responsible for.
By letting them be repossessed? Ruining your credit for up to 7 years simply for spite? Funny. Not terribly smart, but very humorous.

For the record, the '10 Silverado my dad drives is in my name. We've had disagreements, but he pays the note so IMO it's his truck. Yeah, you really can't play that card with me.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #79
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
1 Timothy 2:11 "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission" Interesting you should quote that scripture in your signature.
You noticed that, too

Kids and wimmens should STFU.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #80
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
Par for the course.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #81
Rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
OP take it from somebody who went through a very similar situation. Rebuild your relationship with your parents. You just walked out on your dad and you haven't talked to your mom in 4 years. Family is the most important thing in life, it took me starting my own family to realize that. Reconcile with both your parents, they love you. It may not seem like it now but your dad really does love you as does your mom. I have no idea the extent of your situation but I GUARANTEE you your parents love you. Like I said I am a few small steps ahead of you in a very similar situation, if you want to talk feel free to PM me. Good luck and keep your head up.

I hate to be the grinch, but wrong is wrong, no matter who it comes from. Not knowing the story, we can't give this guy advice on his family. But sharing DNA does not family make in any case. Not all parents love their children.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #82
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Glad I stepped outside for this one..................
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #83
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm4192 View Post
Ok so here's the story. This actually happened about 2 weeks ago now but I just never got around to letting you guys know. For the past few months my dad and I had been fighting pretty much once a week. Eventually it got to the point one day that I didn't come home after work and just slept in the Camaro (not very comfortable in case you're wondering). A couple days later I talked to my mom and asked if she would let me move in with her (I hadn't talked to her in at least 4 years but I had no other choice). The next day I left my dad's house. Since I got my Camaro when I was 17 we had to put it in my dad's name completely even though he never paid a penny of it. Since it was in his name he wouldn't let me take it and if I did take it he threatened to report it stolen and have me arrested. So I let him keep it. From what I understand he's just going to let the bank repo it. Like I said now I'm living with my mom and I used some of the money I had saved up for a down payment on a 2005 Silverado. I thought about getting a used Camaro or Vette but I figured it would never be as good as what my Camaro was and I'd end up hating the thing. With the truck I can't really compare it to the Camaro (at least not fairly) and I also have 4 wheel drive which will be good for winter. I loved having that Camaro and I will miss her. I left a note under the bracket that holds the battery in for the new owner to find. Hopefully he/she will let me know how she's doing. I had a lot of good memories with that car but honestly at my age a $543 car payment was pretty high even though I could easily afford it, it just didn't allow me to save to much. With the Silverado I'm saving almost $300 a month with car payment and insurance. I guess in the long run it'll work out even though I lost about $13,000 that I had already paid for the Camaro and all the insurance and other stuff that goes with it.
I have the payments on her made up until the 19th. I'm guessing sometime after that they'll come and take her. If you ever come across #2015 Victory Red no stripes 1LT/RS black cloth, auto, conveinence and connectivity with Injen intake, Flowmaster exhaust, and 1" lowering springs....PLEASE let me know! I don't have the money now to buy her back but I'd at least like to know where she is and maybe someday buy her again when I can financially. I'll still hang around on the forums just because I still love everything Camaro!

Again if you find her some place, please let me know where she is! Also my phone number is (717) 332-2675 and email is dtm4192@yahoo.com
you are NOT gonna like this,but "forget" the car,and try to patch things up with the family!..when ya get stuff under control,go after another one!..it's just a car,family is more important!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #84
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
So Sorry to hear about the emotional strife in your young life. They're plenty of new Camaro's coming down the pike though. Work hard, stay on task building a brighter future for yourself and make those new truck payments timely, and if your heart desires you'll be able to purchase another using your own great credit file one day soon by doing so.

Oddly enough for dear old dad.......................

He's got his own delemia to deal with now.....................good sons ( who grow to become responsible young men) are a bit more difficult to find. Try and not punish him for being human ( Regrets and mistakes are difficult to own up too) and if possible, extend a hand of reconcilliation and not bring up the past car issues........... You'll be a better man for aleast trying.

very true!..family is all ya got!..ya gotta take care of that!..don't ostracize
yourself!..do what it takes to keep it together!..f**k the car,there will be plenty more in the future!
Being the father of four children for the past thirty odd years ( 2-boy's & 2-girls) and having been a son to a father myself, I have faced many scenarios in all reality that are similiar to yours, as impossible as it may seem this minute in time, try and not let pride and temper get the worse of an already difficult situation, all will be as well, in the end as it can be. Remember, history does not need to repeat itself!...........Chin up and Good Luck Young Man. Dave /Casper
very true!..family is all ya got!..ya gotta take care of that!..don't ostracize yourself!..do what it takes to keep it together!..f**k the car!..there will be plenty more of 'em in the future!

Closed Thread