Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #57
1985HOL69305
I'm also on Thirdgen.org

Drives: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z28
They probably will, and I really hope it's not a 700R4.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #58
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I would hope so....they offer it, I assume is what you mean.

It would do nothing but increase the appeal of the vehicle to more people. I wonder how many people pass on a GT500, for instance, because they don't want to drive a stick.
+10000000000

if the gt500 had an auto option...i would have one right now.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #59
dreeve

Drives: 1993 lt1 z28
im sure there will be, my 93 Z28 is automatic and my cousins 79 Z28 is auto, theyll make them both for consumers choice
1993 lt1 z28,BBK 52mm throttle body,accel 30lb injectors,edelbrock intake,port/polished heads,1.6 rockers,erson 222in/226ex .480 lift cam,Dougs shorty headers,pcmforless chip,RK Sport competition intake , monster transmission, 3.73's, bmr suspension
[IMG][/IMG]
dreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #60
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Take it any way you want but from what I've heard it will be offered in auto and vert.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:07 AM   #61
brick777

Drives: 1999 SS
A question directed to those who oppose an automatic in the Z28; Now suppose you're a returning vet who is now an amputee and happens to want a Z28 too! Are you going to look him/her in the eye and deny them the opportunity to drive a Z28 just because you say the car shouldn't come with an automatic??? Seems selfish to me!
brick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #62
TheStigsFatAmericanCousin
Bloody Pikey

Drives: Camaro
Location: Some say, that I'm a CIA experiment that's gone wrong, and that I only eat cheese...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick777 View Post
A question directed to those who oppose an automatic in the Z28; Now suppose you're a returning vet who is now an amputee and happens to want a Z28 too! Are you going to look him/her in the eye and deny them the opportunity to drive a Z28 just because you say the car shouldn't come with an automatic??? Seems selfish to me!
Good point... With all due respect to those individuals - how many are there to justify making Z28 like this? GM's not going to do it unless they're going to make some money; that's what it will always comes down to. There are 4L80E conversions, afterall. Besides, we don't know that there's a tranny that would support the power of an engine that we don't even know will go in a car that hasn't even been announced to be in existance.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #63
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Yeah im 99% sure they will offer an auto tranny, i mean higher end cars than the Z/28 have auto trannys already so its not a real big deal cept for those nastalgic few, but there's that plus there's always that market of rich old guys that buy the most popular sports car they can think of just to look young then drive them 10 miles under the speed limit, they'll all want autos, plus it is true the autos are faster than the manuals although manual is more fun the auto is a 6-speed also and shifts seamlessly so its hard to beat (im not talking about the paddle shift though im talking just normal auto transmission...i hate paddle shifters), and of course they have to keep with the rivalry, if they offer GT500s in auto you can bet GM wont want to miss out on any slice of profit so i bet it will be in there
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #64
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
very likely
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #65
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigsFatAmericanCousin View Post
Good point... With all due respect to those individuals - how many are there to justify making Z28 like this? GM's not going to do it unless they're going to make some money; that's what it will always comes down to. There are 4L80E conversions, afterall. Besides, we don't know that there's a tranny that would support the power of an engine that we don't even know will go in a car that hasn't even been announced to be in existance.
there are plenty of people who are buying the camaro flat out for its looks. same with the mustang and chally.

today I literally counted 7 brand new mustangs with drivers that appeared to be at least 60+, some look like they should be in a hospital on a dialysis machine or something. and of course, all but one was all going 5 miles under the speed limit.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #66
TheStigsFatAmericanCousin
Bloody Pikey

Drives: Camaro
Location: Some say, that I'm a CIA experiment that's gone wrong, and that I only eat cheese...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
there are plenty of people who are buying the camaro flat out for its looks. same with the mustang and chally.

today I literally counted 7 brand new mustangs with drivers that appeared to be at least 60+, some look like they should be in a hospital on a dialysis machine or something. and of course, all but one was all going 5 miles under the speed limit.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #67
3nkosh-z\28

Drives: way 2 fast
automatic in z\28

well as you all know the z has been rumored for a while now and most people say that it will have the lsa as it's heart.... so do you think it will have an auto or will gm stick to only manual.... i'm saying this because in the cts-v the auto is faster in 1\4 mile and 0-60 times and let's face it here all of us want to be faster.... just sayin

i think the will make auto trans an option. guess we'll have to wait and see
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #68
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Not that I plan to buy one now that I have my SS but, I hope that they do in fact offer the auto. Now don't shoot me for saying this but really, the stick is more "Z-28" but there are some people that just can't drive the stick and won't buy the Z-28 for that reason. I for one can drive a stick but bought the auto because I don't want to shift all the time. Just my thought but I do think that if GM is smart, they will make the auto an option.
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #69
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
this question has been asked numerous times in different threads labeled close to what you have. . .just sayin.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #70
3nkosh-z\28

Drives: way 2 fast
i'm with on it's suposed to be stick..... but autos in the cts-v are faster
so in this case i'll go with the auto if it's an option