Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #15
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
You can email socialmedia@gm.com and give them your name and vin and they can send you a Build Sheet, which is almost like the window sticker. I did this last week and got a return email the same day.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
It is ILLEGAL for the dealer to sell you a car without the sticker.

Too bad you didn't bring this up at the time of the sale, but you should do it now, if you feel strongly about having it.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...s-unveiled.htm
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
It is ILLEGAL for the dealer to sell you a car without the sticker.

Too bad you didn't bring this up at the time of the sale, but you should do it now, if you feel strongly about having it.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...s-unveiled.htm
That's a great idea. I will be emailing and calling the general manager again with this information.

Maybe he'll respond this time.

I did get an option sheet from them on delivery, but not the window sticker.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #18
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Missing Window Sticker Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
That's a great idea. I will be emailing and calling the general manager again with this information.

Maybe he'll respond this time.

I did get an option sheet from them on delivery, but not the window sticker.

It is technically illegal for them to sell a NEW vehicle without a sticker but you did not buy new therefore the dealer does not have to supply a sticker. Like you mentioned, you have the option list. HOWEVER, you did not simply want “a sticker”, you wanted the “original sticker”. They can print up a used sticker but that’s not what you want.

And because you bought a used vehicle, getting the original sticker can be a bit tricky since it would need to come from the original selling dealer (for all features and add-ons) or GM themselves (which would exclude any dealer or market add-ons).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #19
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Regardless of semantics, this person just spent a good deal of money to purchase a vehicle from that dealership. The least they could do is track down the window sticker in the name of customer service. Hell, if they won’t lift a finger to help him track this down, it makes you wonder how the service department will treat them in the future.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #20
ecko04

Semantics? New or used isn’t semantics.

Seeing as how his local dealership is not the dealer the bought the car from, they can’t do anything other that contact the dealership on his behalf to find it or at least tell the OP the originating dealership to contact on his own or provide to Route 66 to contact. It has no bearing on their ability to service his vehicle. They’re not going to spend the labor tracking down a window sticker.

At this point he owns the car and if the window sticker was not a contingent factor written into the paperwork the OP may have to do some leg work if he really wants the original sticker.

I’ve learned from my mistake. I have the reprint that I linked the OP to. It’ll have to suffice.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #21
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The OP did not state that the car was used. If the car was never sold but transferred from one dealer to another, it would still be a new car and the sticker would still be required.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #22
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
It's semantics when it comes to Customer Service. It's not the buyer's fault the dealership who took delivery was absorbed by another dealership. This should be transparent to the person who just shelled out SEVERAL thousands of $$$$ which helped keep the selling dealership in the black. Sorry you had a bad experience with your purchase but the OP shouldn't accept the fate you've decided to accept as BAU. That's just poor customer service. The fact the dealership wouldn't stand up for the purchaser speaks volumes on how the dealership treats their customers.....even when it comes to the Service Department.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #23
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
It’ll cost a couple of bucks but here’s the link I used to buy one myself:

https://monroneylabels.com

I wanted to know which features came with it before I began price negotiations.

Got them for my 2013, looks like old school vertical style.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:53 AM   #24
ecko04

Missing Window Sticker Help

That the local dealership won’t spend time tracking down the selling dealer to get a window sticker for a car they didn’t sell. And somehow this is poor customer service on their part. That’s a leap but it’s the OPs money. If he feels as though the local dealership didn’t do their due diligence in helping then I wholeheartedly agree; take your business elsewhere.

OP states Route 66 was the originating dealer. With that being the case they should be able to get a reprint but if ownership has changed between the time the car was originally sold to when the OP purchased, like a previous poster stated, then the BAC has also changed and access to the original sticker is likely restricted.

At the end of the day, it’s a window sticker. Somebody between the 2 dealers should be able to help or at the very least provide a detailed explanation of what they’ve done to try to help and why it hasn’t been effective instead of ignoring, or at the very least taking their sweet time in the case of Route 66, responding to the OP.

I got the shaft from my local dealership when buying last year which led me to purchase from another dealer 13 hours away. I won’t go back to the local dealership now for service even though my problem was with sales. I’d rather take my business elsewhere. And if the window sticker rises to a point of frustration with the OP, take your business elsewhere.

Last edited by ecko04; 09-25-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:10 AM   #25
ecko04

Quote:
The OP did not state that the car was used. If the car was never sold but transferred from one dealer to another, it would still be a new car and the sticker would still be required.

Agreed. If new, most definitely should’ve had one.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #26
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
When I bought my 16 and it went to final detail I asked my salesman to please carefully remove the window sticker for me to save. The detail personnel ripped it off and threw it away (thanks a lot guys). Took the dealer 3 months to get me a reprint, but I did get it.......with some effort on my part.
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #27
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Update from Route 66...

Randy, the Sales Manager, told me he ordered a new window sticker for me. He apologized for the miscommunication.

He also explained that the dealership was under new ownership so they had to get the old BAC code.

On a side note... my salesman texted me after I asked him again about the window sticker and informed me he had been terminated and to call Randy.

He had not been terminated over this deal. They were unhappy with his posts on social media.

Quote:
NOTE... Yes, this was a new Camaro for those that are/were wondering.

Last edited by Hulkamaniac; 09-25-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:52 PM   #28
ecko04

Glad everything looks to be working out for you!