The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #15
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
T-Bone,
I went a different way with my C7 order. I made a deal with the owner of the dealership for trading in my C6, I keep the car until the Stingray arrives and I reserved the right to sell my C6 privately if I could get more for it that way.
Dealer tells me I'm about 8 weeks out. The C6 is parked, no added miles, and will go to the dealer if I don't sell it privately.
Congrats on your C7 order.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
I wish you well on this deal. I personally would not have let them keep my car 12 weeks for free. Only way I would have done this deal is if they cut me a check for the trade valve of my car. What if they really don't have an allocation? Or worse yet go out of business? And dealers do go out of business.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
T_Bone

Drives: Waiting
My order went to 2000 today so I feel much better about things. This wouldn't have been nearly as nerve wracking if not for the whole allocation ordeal. There is now so much mistrust out there and rightfully so from what I've read about guys sitting at 1100 for months. I don't know if I'd do it again. You lose all leverage in the deal when you give them your car and it's not like you can bail on the deal and go elsewhere if your order isn't moving. It seems to be working out though and for that I'm grateful. I've never done business with this dealership before but overall it's been a positive experience.
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote