Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-04-2022, 11:30 PM   #15
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Thanks, the dovetail is just such a bad ass spoiler, every time I see it I fall in love that much more. I think I’m gonna buy another one just to have on hand in case I decide to buy another car later on (an addition not a replacement car) or if something were to happen to this one. I hate drilling the side holes, it’s pretty nerve racking drilling the sheet metal. Bumpers and such can be replaced but there’s no going back easily with the quarters. I finally got my stripes in today for the spoiler from Camarodecalstore.com, so hopefully early next week I’ll have time to put them on and get it all buttoned up for real one last time. I used them for the spoiler stripes on my last car and they were a perfect match.

I’m still trying to decide if I want to hook the light up. I never did on the old car and I don’t think I missed much. There’s no safety inspections here so I won’t have to worry about failing. I’ll get some pictures up when I get them on. I think I’ve narrowed my splitter search down to the ZL1 style and I’m going to paint it and the skirts completely in ABM. Hope to have all that done before Christmas.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 11-11-2022 at 09:18 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #16
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Dovetail done!!!
More mods to come!
Attached Images

ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
The DoveTail just makes that a$$ look so good....

Heck of a trade 70K vs 2.9K... Nice....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 03:01 AM   #18
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
I agree love the look of that spoiler!
Old 11-12-2022, 07:54 AM   #19
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks guys. It really is a bad ass spoiler. Next mods are going to be getting my heritage painted, the ZL1 style splitter painted and installed, the skirts painted, and the rear diffuser painted. Cam, exhaust, tires and wheels, to follow that.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:20 AM   #20
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Dovetail done!!!
More mods to come!
Looking good brother!

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #21
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Thanks man, appreciate the good words.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:42 PM   #22
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Getting closer….
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #23
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
It's going to look good with that splitter on

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:33 PM   #24
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Definitely! It’s gonna look even better with this sitting above to splitter… hopefully tomorrow is the day.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2023, 06:57 AM   #25
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Man this car is gonna look good! I can't wait to see it.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 07:21 AM   #26
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Definitely! It’s gonna look even better with this sitting above to splitter… hopefully tomorrow is the day.
You bet!! A Heritage Grill is one of the best upgrades for the fronts of these cars! This is such a fun build to watch because it reminds me of getting to build my car. Keep up the awesome mods!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #27
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You bet!! A Heritage Grill is one of the best upgrades for the fronts of these cars! This is such a fun build to watch because it reminds me of getting to build my car. Keep up the awesome mods!
Absolutely, it’s amazing the transformation it brings. I got my guys going on stuff at work and snuck away for a bit for some mod time. I hope mine turns out half as cool as yours has! ABM for the win for sure! I’m still hunting GFX skirts. Once I find some I’ll put the GFX diffuser I’ve already got on it.

Looks strangely familiar. It needs a bath so look past the dirt lol. Those who have been around this site for a minute will understand… almost like we’ve been here before, but in a twilight zone kinda way
Attached Images

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 02-02-2023 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:31 PM   #28
Aqua Blue RS/SS

An awesome member here sent me a full set of carbon fiber black rally stripes, which just so happened to arrive today as well. Come warmer weather, when the vinyl is a little easier to work with I’ll install them. The black stripes on it now could likely be saved but they are kinda dingy as they sit. The carbon fiber will be a nice subtle change. I had thought about swapping to silver ice stripes like the old car had, but these carbon fiber stripes are gonna look so damn good.

This was another cool find on the inside of the bumper. 4,000 mile cars are great for preserving originality as these bad ass cars are getting some age on them now.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 02-03-2023 at 05:52 PM.