Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #57
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post

BTW - I nominate you for the fourm largest sig contest

Am I missing anything???
Old 04-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #58
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

Am I missing anything???
I'd include the dealership inventory at least
Old 04-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #59
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
Nobody's attacking you personally, just your way of doing business. Frankly, I think your trolling here looking for desperate folks to bid up your ebay cars, thats not a judgment, just an observation. I think your business method is short-sighted as I personally, have almost reached the end of my rope with this pre-order nonsense. If I bail on this car it won't hurt you in particular, but it will be one less build for the company as a whole and that makes a difference. I've never believed UAW was the problem with GM, but I do think dishonest salespeople play a role. I know I hate having to worry about being taken advantage of when buying a car from a dealer. This has kept me out of the showroom in the past, and It might keep me from buying this time around as well.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #60
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

Am I missing anything???
I got yelled at twice by Tran to make my sig smaller... How do you do it??
Old 04-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #61
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Thats why I waited for a Vert and didnt get a coupe to hold me over. This S@@t is crazy just like when the 05 Mustang came out people paid 10K over sticker. If this happens to this extent with the Vert i'm out and on to something else.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #62
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by avol2 View Post
Yeah BUT you had a guy in your dealership that wanted to PREORDER a car...
and YOU TURNED HIM AWAY ?!?!?!?!
See, this is what bothers me about all this. This ain't right. I understand it's not illegal, blah, blah, blah. It just ain't right.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #63
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I dont think Dan understands the spirit of our forum. He tries to justify his snake oil but we don't buy it. He can double the cost of his carpet cleaning and then give a 10% discount to seniors. He only wants to deal with unsuspecting victims. Hes waisting his time here with people that don't care. We will keep him on our Gouging dealer list for the world to see.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #64
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
I dont think Dan understands the spirit of our forum. He tries to justify his snake oil but we don't buy it. He can double the cost of his carpet cleaning and then give a 10% discount to seniors. He only wants to deal with unsuspecting victims. Hes waisting his time here with people that don't care. We will keep him on our Gouging dealer list for the world to see.
Boo Hoo
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #65
Master Chief
Spartan 117

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Hello Camaro Friends,

I would like to reinforce the opinions expressed here about the Ebay Camaro listings.

Here's a little background: I have been a lurker here for several months and learned a lot about the preorder process from the people here. I have also been a loyal Salisbury Chevrolet customer since 1990. My family has purchased around 15 new cars from them in the past 30 years plus about 5 used cars.

I went to pre-order a RJT 2010 2SSRS from them on the second day of ordering, and the sales person treated me like I was from mars. They insisted there was no pre-ordering and told me things about the Camaro possibly not ever even being made. I chalked it up to salesman stupidity.

I went back a few days later and talked to another salesperson. I got a similar story from him. When I presented proof that the Camaro was being offered for pre-order, he looked totally confused as if he was an actor who forgot his lines.

I still was naive and thought that I couldn't possibly be getting misled by the dealer I have been loyal to all this time and recommended to friends for years...

I tried calling and asking about pre-orders and this time I got the story about Camaros not being made ever and that it could be years before I get one so the dealer was "doing me a favor" by not taking my money for a deposit. I insisted that I would like to put down a deposit and that it was no problem. The salesman told me he didn't think it was "fair" for them to be collecting interest on the deposit all the time I could keep it in my bank account and that they were trying to save me the lost interest by refusing my pre-order.

I said how about if I just put down a token amount to "hold my place in line for whenever the camaro comes out". I suggested I put down $100 and even said I didn't care about the interest (I get 0.15% on my checking account! ) and said if the camaro never comes out they can keep the $100. I was told that GM wouldn't take a pre-order for less than $5000 on a new Camaro. (Which I almost did but I thought it over in my head and thought if Salisbury or GM went out of business I could lose the rather large deposit.)

By now, I was starting to feel duped. The more and more people I read about with positive dealer stories getting MSRP and small or no deposits and such was making me feel I was somehow being lied to. I felt my long history buying from them didn't matter and I was just another idiot. I didn't want to believe it because I had always had good luck with this dealer (except for their crooked service department, but that's another topic alltogether!)

I went back in before the deadline and it was slow, so another sales person I never met before was talking to me and I pretended like I knew nothing about the Camaro but I saw it in a magazine and wanted to buy one. He told me that they only had a handful of pre-orders and "They were all filled the first week." I asked him about getting on the list for the next allotment and he told me that I would need to be prepared to pay $30K+ over sticker if I wanted to get one this year.

By now I realized I was totally SCAMMED by this dealer and I realized that I needed to find another one, but I was a afraid I would get the same treatment. I went to DeNooyer and they were totally honest with me and didn't give me any stories, however they said that it would be a long time before I received my car because I waited so long to pre-order. They took my $500 depost and I'm just in waiting mode now.

Because I was stupidly loyal to my dealer, I screwed myself out of getting a 2010 Camaro this summer. If I am lucky, my order will come in this fall.

I was NOT going to say anything about Salisbury Chevrolet here, because I wasn't sure what the story was 100%. I was going to give them ther benefit of the doubt because I figured that there was a good chance the salespeople were the problem... trying to turn pre-orders away because they wanted to get the first cars for themselves or friends.

Boy, was I a SUCKER! Once I saw the thread about the other fellow with the same stories from them and the cars showing up on Ebay, I figured I was duped. Then when I see the actual management putting their comments on the ebay auction saying "nobody locally wanted a 2SSRS" so he was doing some kind of favor by offering them to the internet for true enthusiasts or some nonsense. Boy was I pissed!!! Now I come here and visit and see the LAME excuses being offered to people by the same management and how somehow this is not his fault because the car is popular and this always happens? Give me a break! I get a distinct feeling of arrogance from Dan, and now I feel even disdain for those of us who were only willing to pony up MSRP for his "treasures". Even the comments in his ebay listings are misleading, as if he's doing the world a favor by offering these cars for sale to the higherst bidder.

I have been lied to at every turn, and these guys were only out for themselves. This "ebay" thing was their plan all along. I imagine that I'm not the only person who got screwed by these con artists. I was totally screwed by Salisbury and I decided never to buy from them again even if they were the ONLY dealer in the world selling Camaros. I have told my family to NEVER shop there ever again and I believe they agree with me now.

If Mr. Carlton thinks his short-term profit is worth the negative publicity, then so be it. He's lost a family of loyal customers and everyone I ever meet who's looking for a Chevy.

Oh, and one more thing that's REALLY annoying... (this is hilarious): If I google "2010 Camaro" to look for pictures or reviews or other new info guess what happens? I get google list results with "google ads" on the top or side border of my screen that say:

"2010 Camaro In Stock! Salisbury Chevrolet" and a link to their website that shops none in stock but a button to press that says "Pre-Order your 2010 Camaro Today" that takes you to an email screen where you have to type a message.

I hope Dan meets his reserve price because it's the last profit he will ever make if I tell enough people my story.

Goodbye forever, Salisbury! Don't let the door smash your taillamps on the way out!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #66
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
That's what I'm talking about. I hope GM is still reading these threads, so they can deal with these characters during they're bankruptcy reorg.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and welcome to the site!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #67
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Boo Hoo
Dude seriously, whats your problem? First your calling us tools and now this? Can't we debate this without name calling and maybe show a little respect for each other?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #68
Master Chief
Spartan 117

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
That's what I'm talking about. I hope GM is still reading these threads, so they can deal with these characters during they're bankruptcy reorg.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and welcome to the site!
Thanks. I feel like I know you guys already. I've been reading here all along. The only good thing I can take from this is that the ridiculous comments from my dealer got me motivated to post and stop being a lurker.

One thing that puzzles me is why he is working so hard to pretend he's not out to make money on fleabay.

I wouldn't be mad at all if he had been honest from the start. If the salespeople said up front that business was bad and they needed extra cash so they were going to simply not take pre orders and order lot cars and put them up for auction, I probably would have been cool with the decision. That's a perfectly fair thing to say.

But to give me all kinds of wacky stories about the cars never getting made and pretending to not have any info on the pre-ordering is just bizarre.

Because they were not honest, I am never going back.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #69
BLACK67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
Black 67..enough said. I am done..Have had enough of the character assasination anyway. I have enough customers and they know how my customer service is. I am done trying to make friends in the forum. Seems like no matter what way you do it their will be people that do not like it. Thanks for the asttack on someone you do not even know.CYA..Dan
Mission accomplished
Old 04-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #70
BLACK67

And yes, welcome Master Chief. We have a lot of good people on this forum that will make your Camaro experience an enjoyable one for years to come.

Closed Thread