Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2020, 01:29 AM   #1
aaron3297

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro
Quad diffuser install

I just installed the gloss back quad tip diffuser I got from Next Gen Speed. When removing the stock diffuser I got the 5 metal retainers off using a flathead screwdriver but when I put the new one one, I couldn't find a way to put them back on (mainly the center 3). There's not much space to work with since I did not take the bumper off. Any one else have this problem. I dont think itll be an issue just wanted to double check to see if I should be concerned. Only other issue is there's slight gaps on the sides of the diffuser but you cant tell unless your are really close.
aaron3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron3297 View Post
I just installed the gloss back quad tip diffuser I got from Next Gen Speed. When removing the stock diffuser I got the 5 metal retainers off using a flathead screwdriver but when I put the new one one, I couldn't find a way to put them back on (mainly the center 3). There's not much space to work with since I did not take the bumper off. Any one else have this problem. I dont think itll be an issue just wanted to double check to see if I should be concerned. Only other issue is there's slight gaps on the sides of the diffuser but you cant tell unless your are really close.
I removed the whole bumper. It's pretty easy if your mechanically inclined. Yes i have the small gaps also. Aftermarket parts suck sometimes.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I think the best way to do it is by removing the bumper. I haven't done a diffuser swap on a 6th gen but I have on a 5th gen and it was a total pain without removing the bumper when removing the bumper would have made it a lot easier.

I don't think the metal clips will matter as long as the plastic tabs are secure into the bumper. Other thing is with those metal retainers is with the teeth that are on them they tend to bend when you remove them to the point that they are near impossible to re-install as is and have to be bent back into proper position.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diffuser, fitment, nextgen, quad tip diffuser, retainer