Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #43
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
They got an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars on Yelp. Could just be a few dumbasses that need addressing.....

https://www.yelp.com/biz/john-hieste...?osq=chevrolet
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #44
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
2018's don't use R-134A.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #45
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Wouldn't tolerate it.
I'd make sure the guy would have upcoming dental work to pay for, or at least have a good rap on the beak.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #46
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
While I would be one of the first to admit there are some really poor dealers out there, this being one, lets not categorize them all as being bad. My dealer just did some service on my car just recently and I was in/ out in short time and serviced without a problem. They even give out cookies every time you enter for service. More than happy with my dealer and yea, they may be just an exception.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:26 AM   #47
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I put some bad experience on dealer rater and really pissed off a local stealership service dept, we had no resolution, it wasn't solvable, but it sure got their attention.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:30 AM   #48
camaroras

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I had a tech at a dealer (win kelly) in Clarksville Maryland do the same thing. 37 hard accelerations in 8 miles and some time over 80 mph in residential neighborhoods. Supposedly the technician was fired and my service cost (track alignment, oil change, brake fluid flush, differential fluid swap) was refunded. I wasnlt happy with it, but I also had no actual damages so it was tough to ask for more.
camaroras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #49
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I replied to your post on Facebook and mentioned a course of action. And some of the people in here saying it is no big deal are the ones that would completely loose their S**T if someone had done it to your car. My dealership shorted me 4 quarts of oil on my last oil change. Went in with a level head and got my Powertrain warranty bumped out to 120,000 miles and 6 years. The Dealerships have to be held accountable for their actions.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #50
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
While I would be one of the first to admit there are some really poor dealers out there, this being one, lets not categorize them all as being bad. My dealer just did some service on my car just recently and I was in/ out in short time and serviced without a problem. They even give out cookies every time you enter for service. More than happy with my dealer and yea, they may be just an exception.
I will, the whole dealer-network idea without the actual parent company accountability is a bad idea whose time has passed.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #51
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Novato Chevrolet in California is another crap hole.

I will only go to large Camaro dealers in San Jose from now
OK, but be a bit careful of Momentum Chevrolet on Stevens Creek.
I took our Cruze in for a factory recall shortly after we bought it and they did an inexcusably crude hack job on the front underbody shield.
The recall was to slightly enlarge the opening near the oil drain plug, not to chop the entire shield out with a Sawzall and leave nicked hoses, scraped up frame rails and ragged plastic edges.
On an almost new car.......!
I ended up purchasing a shield at my cost (from someone else of course), modifying it correctly per the recall notice and installing it myself.

They will never touch any of our vehicles again (including one we bought from them), even if for urgent, mandated recalls.
And yes I did let them know I was unhappy.
Their attitude was basically: "it's fixed, we didn't charge you, so what's the problem?".
Old 04-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #52
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
If you read my next post in the thread you can clearly see that I in no way condone the tech's behavior and I would not be satisfied until the employee was disciplined and possibly even personally apologized to me. I would NOT, however, go to extreme lengths to punish the dealership through the media (because it isn't necessarily reflective of the dealership), or go after the tech personally through the police, because I think that's going too far. When I said "innocent bit of fun" I meant it. "innocent" means without malicious intent. We don't know whether the tech had malicious intent. My guess is probably not. "Bit of fun" meaning, he did NOT go all out and get into triple digits, go for a 2 hour joy ride, etc. It was a "bit" of fun. A little taste of the car and that's it. My interpretation of that is that he could've done much worse but he didn't.

You can have your opinion--that it was malicious and he should be harshly punished as some in the thread suggested. That's fine. I disagree. You'll have to figure out a way to be okay with that
You just don't get it. It's not about whether it was malicious or not. It's the act itself. It's completely unwarranted and should never happen nor be tolerated. I never said anything about harsh punishment. Simply calling you out for an ignorant statement that attempts to justify the behavior in some positive light which is ludicrous. Wish you all the best pal.
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #53
JGiovando

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE HBM
1 more thing protovack. I am pleased to see that out of nearly 60 replies and almost 2,000 views you are unique in your opinion and that my friend brings a smile to my face..
JGiovando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #54
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiovando View Post
You just don't get it. It's not about whether it was malicious or not. It's the act itself. It's completely unwarranted and should never happen nor be tolerated. I never said anything about harsh punishment. Simply calling you out for an ignorant statement that attempts to justify the behavior in some positive light which is ludicrous. Wish you all the best pal.
^^^^
100% agree....
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #55
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
If you prepare people's food, you are expected to not spit in it ...and if you are found to be spitting in it and the employer pretty much condones that kind of behavior because it's "just something that happens" then the entire place should be rightly raked through the coals.

If your dry cleaners or cleaning person (if you have those kinds of services) wore your clothes out to places or tried your stuff on in your home ... you would be justified in raking their business through the coals.

Joyriding in a car that's not yours without the owner's permission is the same deal. Not to mention the breaking the law aspect.

Firing or disciplining the lowly tech isn't going to solve anything. The problem starts at the top where the lack of respect for other people's property is communicated down either by example or by hiring the wrong people. They're only going to respond to hurting their income. Businesses dont change their behavior otherwise and the "one bad apple" excuse is obviously not true for dealerships - anywhere.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #56
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Gold medal to anyone who reads that wall of text.