Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #15
RLem619

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS A10
That sucks, and i'd be beyond pissed.

Curious why you'd bring your Camaro to them, when you knew they'd already took your wife Traverse on a joyride?

Also, what does that app consider "hard acceleration" and "hard braking"? My son just started driving and we have an app that uses the same terminology. Is it from a fuel economy stand point, or does it mean your driving the s**t out of the car?
RLem619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #16
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
That is unreadable, break it up into paragraphs please
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #17
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
My eyes hurt
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #18
NoctisLucisCaelum

Drives: 2019 SSG Camaro 2SS
Send this proof to GM customer service. See what they will do. They will probably cop you an accessory certificate and a response from the general manager of the dealership.
NoctisLucisCaelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #19
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Unhappy

I am always greatly saddened to hear of things like this happening.
There is no justification, no excuse, and no proper remedy other than don't ever do business with that dealer's service department again.

As the last poster said, lodge a complaint with GM directly if you are still not satisfied.
We sold a lemon Chevy truck we had had quite enough of back to them under arbitration, so it can be effective.
Maybe they'll do something about this incident, maybe not.
But then at least you took it as far as you can.

Regardless, be very thankful that you had the ability to track the abuse the cars underwent (and more important that you are able to prove it).
Old 04-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #20
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
I would have called the police. He was speeding over 80mph and you have proof. They will go after him. I'd also call the local news stations. They LOVE dirt like this, especially since you have proof. That will get something done.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 PM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I wouldn’t put a thing on social media until you talk to the general manager, and you can tell him what you’re going to do.… And see what he offers… All the complaint to GM will do, will be GM will call the dealership and tell them to call you. GMC is the dealer is the customer not you. You are the customer of the dealership. Not right, but that’s the way it is.

Local radio stations and TV love the documentation you have… They can cause real problems for the dealer… The GM should know that…

And if I’ve got any of the details wrong, it’s because I won’t read opening paragraphs like that… I assume the dealer abused your car and you’re upset about it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I wouldn’t put a thing on social media until you talk to the general manager, and you can tell him what you’re going to do.… And see what he offers… All the complaint to GM will do, will be GM will call the dealership and tell them to call you. GMC is the dealer is the customer not you. You are the customer of the dealership. Not right, but that’s the way it is.

Local radio stations and TV love the documentation you have… They can cause real problems for the dealer… The GM should know that…

And if I’ve got any of the details wrong, it’s because I won’t read opening paragraphs like that… I assume the dealer abused your car and you’re upset about it.
The dealer will do nothing. They offered the dude a $100 visa gift card and told him that the mechanic was "disciplined."

Dealers are getting away with too much. Hypothetically if this idiot mechanic got the car impounded or worse hit someone...the owner of the car may be held liable. Therefore his insurance. Frankly, I have no idea if dealers have insurance for employees in this situation.Obviously, I do not think they would find the OP accountable if such an event happened. The rest of it would be semantics and the dealer would have to be hit for it.

But, this type of behavior should not be occurring anyways.It just seems like consumer rights/confidence are being crapped on.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #23
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
sucks, but also consider that to truly test your vehicle he needed to get it to operating temperature. >80mph was 0.4% of the trip which means he only did it one time. What is the cutoff definition of hard braking, etc. The first trip was only a few minutes. And the second trip was low speed, obviously, without much braking at all. Yea for the first trip, sure, it looks like he got it up to 80 once and then did some throttle pulls. Maybe he was making sure he got the car up to operating temperature. You never know. Is it the end of the world if an underpaid underappreciated GM tech got to have a tiny bit of fun in your car for the 15 minutes he had outside of work on that particular day? I don't know about you but a "joy ride", if I did it, would look WAY worse than that. It looks like an innocent bit of fun to me.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #24
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
sucks, but also consider that to truly test your vehicle he needed to get it to operating temperature. >80mph was 0.4% of the trip which means he only did it one time. What is the cutoff definition of hard braking, etc. The first trip was only a few minutes. And the second trip was low speed, obviously, without much braking at all. Yea for the first trip, sure, it looks like he got it up to 80 once and then did some throttle pulls. Maybe he was making sure he got the car up to operating temperature. You never know. Is it the end of the world if an underpaid underappreciated GM tech got to have a tiny bit of fun in your car for the 15 minutes he had outside of work on that particular day? I don't know about you but a "joy ride", if I did it, would look WAY worse than that.
He was speeding plain and simple. Thats a moving violation. I bet its more than double the speed limit in the area it was at as well. Thats reckless driving. I'd call the cops. Hell they are arresting youtubers for video documenting their speeding and races. You have GPS proof with date and time stamps.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #25
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Get the kid fired, have him get all pissed off and come to your house and kill you.

Sounds like the old “movie of the week!”
Old 04-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #26
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
should contact your local news stations too. I bet they'd be all too happy to a story on it.

i can just imagine how all the cars get abused before they get sold.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #27
NoctisLucisCaelum

Drives: 2019 SSG Camaro 2SS
Quote:
sucks, but also consider that to truly test your vehicle he needed to get it to operating temperature. >80mph was 0.4% of the trip which means he only did it one time. What is the cutoff definition of hard braking, etc. The first trip was only a few minutes. And the second trip was low speed, obviously, without much braking at all. Yea for the first trip, sure, it looks like he got it up to 80 once and then did some throttle pulls. Maybe he was making sure he got the car up to operating temperature. You never know. Is it the end of the world if an underpaid underappreciated GM tech got to have a tiny bit of fun in your car for the 15 minutes he had outside of work on that particular day? I don't know about you but a "joy ride", if I did it, would look WAY worse than that.
Umm what? To get the car to operating temp he HAD to go 80? Isn’t it usually the opposite that you don’t do that until you get to operating temp? You need to define a hard brake?

I’ll agree about the underpaid and under appreciated parts, but otherwise your argument makes no sense. Someone took your car and did risky things in it that could have caused damage at the worst and premature wear and tear at the least, you’d be mad.

It’s completely different if I do it in my own car and have an accident or burn the tires. That’s my prerogative and/or my fault. But for someone else to do it especially a random tech from the dealership trusted to service the vehicle, would piss me off.
NoctisLucisCaelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #28
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
sucks, but also consider that to truly test your vehicle he needed to get it to operating temperature. >80mph was 0.4% of the trip which means he only did it one time. What is the cutoff definition of hard braking, etc. The first trip was only a few minutes. And the second trip was low speed, obviously, without much braking at all. Yea for the first trip, sure, it looks like he got it up to 80 once and then did some throttle pulls. Maybe he was making sure he got the car up to operating temperature. You never know. Is it the end of the world if an underpaid underappreciated GM tech got to have a tiny bit of fun in your car for the 15 minutes he had outside of work on that particular day? I don't know about you but a "joy ride", if I did it, would look WAY worse than that. It looks like an innocent bit of fun to me.

Just a wild thought; GM techs could actually do the job they are getting paid for. The dealership should hold it's employees accountable for behavior that can adversely affect their business. Especially if they wrap it around a tree or get it impounded.

This probably isn't the first time. Just because the car is in the shop doesn't mean it is yours to with as you please. Definitely not doing anything to aside from the job you were hired to do. Who the hell says you need to do all that and log all those events within the span of a couple minutes to diagnose a A/C issue?

That tech don't pay his payment or his insurance. If it's not yours then don't screw with it. Simple.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote