The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
96MrBass

Drives: GM
I think I will mount deer antlers on my car lol. " GO RAVENS "
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
yeah all you guys saying ray lewis is any less of a person for taking something we would all take to heal injury,,,,, Wow!!! the media just cant wait to tear somebody down especially if he is a Christian....So your telling me all of you people who have ever taken steroids to heal from a muscle injury should never be allowed to go to work ......If ray lewis was taking something to gain advantage without having injury than yes i would have issue....I would like to hear from those people who cant wait to bash ray lewis how they have failed to live up to expectation from someone .......Lets see how perfect those people lives r.....compared to what Ray lewis has done and the lives he has touched i would say those people who bash him would be considered cowardliness......bottom line Ray Lewis is a real man, a true warrior who fights for what he believes in not perfect but at least he will admit that he is not , that's more than i can say for those people who bash him....
Actually, if you look at what I've said...I don't think of him any less because of the original story I posted. I can't possibly think any less of him because I've always felt this way about him. My beef with him is for other reasons. I posted the story, because it was the news of the day. And, we won't ever really know if it's true or not because the NFL has never been allowed to do blood tests which is the only way this stuff can be detected.

My comments were more to the fact that I really don't have any reason to believe anything Ray Lewis says. I have no problems with him being in the Super Bowl. He's a great football player. My problems have always been with how he has lived his life, including helping a murderer go free because helping a friend is more important than justice.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #31
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
i didnt Quote you .....is a general statement..
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #32
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
OMG
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6923--nfl.html
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #33
IrocJack

He like's deer antlers but still won't grow...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #34
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Lmao
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #35
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
[QUOTEThis is why many of us are fed up with Ray Lewis coverage. This man should not be glorified. He's a great player, however I have no problems with and encourage reporters and others to keep asking him why he chose to let a murder go unpunished. This was the most important decision he made in his life, and far more important than the game of football. And, as far as I'm concerned, he's a poor excuse for human for doing what he did.
][/QUOTE]

Exactly! It shows you the quality of the man he is by allowing his "friends" to murder someone and imped the investigation which got them off..He's a piece of shit, no matter how many prayers to go or sacks
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #36
2010SS2SS

Quote:
This is why many of us are fed up with Ray Lewis coverage. This man should not be glorified. He's a great player, however I have no problems with and encourage reporters and others to keep asking him why he chose to let a murder go unpunished. This was the most important decision he made in his life, and far more important than the game of football. And, as far as I'm concerned, he's a poor excuse for human for doing what he did.
Exactly! It shows you the quality of the man he is by allowing his "friends" to murder someone and imped the investigation which got them off..He's a piece of shit, no matter how many prayers to go or sacks
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #37
IrocJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Ya, but were going to the Super Bowl.
Nobody says you have to watch it either.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #38
IrocJack

Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
I'll be watching. Personally, I'm indifferent as far as who wins.

I will continue to have an issue with those that talk about Ray Lewis being a fantastic person. He isn't. And anyone that asserts that he is will get an earful about how he isn't and never has been a great person.

I will never argue about his football prowress however. He's been a great linebacker. He's as much of a good person as O.J. is though...or close to it. O.J. was such an awesome person that we want our kids to emulate him, right?

There's a reason he doesn't want to address the questions about the murder this week. It will continue to make him look like the scum that he is.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #40
IrocJack

Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #41
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'll be watching. Personally, I'm indifferent as far as who wins.

I will continue to have an issue with those that talk about Ray Lewis being a fantastic person. He isn't. And anyone that asserts that he is will get an earful about how he isn't and never has been a great person.

I will never argue about his football prowress however. He's been a great linebacker. He's as much of a good person as O.J. is though...or close to it. O.J. was such an awesome person that we want our kids to emulate him, right?

There's a reason he doesn't want to address the questions about the murder this week. It will continue to make him look like the scum that he is.
LOL the fact you care so much about having to talk about someone you don't know personally or has affected your life is funny. Why does what he does or his image offend you so much?

The fan that never made it and jealous and envy these players. LOL I could care less what any these fools do in their personal lives when it has no affect on mine, I just want them to entertain me hahaha. No different then me caring about what type of person you are and what you have done wrong in your life, could care less and wouldn't need to argue or feel the need to correct people that talk about said person. Step away from the computer and TV world as your too involved in it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #42
2010SS2SS

The fact the millions of people watch the game and this guys is tauted as a hero is exactly why we have idiots killing each other in cities like Chicago and New York.
"Well Ray Lewis promised never to do it again and got religion and everyone forgave him" isn't something I want my kids to know or feel.
I feel sorry for you people that can't or refuse to see past the fact that this was a gang related murder in which he withheld information and destroyed evidence in.
Superbowl or not, Great player or not he doesn't deserve to be on the field and the field and be mentioned with legends of the game.

Just as his actions say alot about him as a man your
Quote:
Says ALOT about you...

Tags
jealous pats fans, pats are the only cheaters, seahawks fans too