The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #15
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #16
IrocJack

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...185512628.html
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
That should provide some entertainment....At least it will help tide me over through a Super Bowl in which I don't want either team to win....There might be some good commercials, too.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
IrocJack

Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
:tweetz::tweetz::tweetz::tweetz:
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
"Ray is honest. Ray is straightforward."
I want some of what Harbaugh is smoking...

Quote:
Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

From an article about the murder:

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

"I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.
What is never talked about is the gang affiliation the two murders and Lewis have. As part of the Polk Posse or Posse ( I know because I grew up near Lakeland, Fl.) All three men were members with Lewis being and original founder of the gang while going to Kathleen High School
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
Well, Richard Sherman is still being accused of taking PED's. Probably will be for the rest of his career, even though he was "cleared" by the NFL.

Thing about Ray Lewis and this most recent one is...he can deny it, and the NFL is just never going to be able to follow up on it since he's retiring. So a denial now, ESPECIALLY after he hid evidence of a murder, doesn't really hold much weight to those of us around the country who aren't big fans of his because we don't have our homer glasses on.

Simply put...I don't buy the act Ray puts on.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 01-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #22
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Well, Richard Sherman is still being accused of taking PED's. Probably will be for the rest of his career, even though he was "cleared" by the NFL.

Thing about Ray Lewis and this most recent one is...he can deny it, and the NFL is just never going to be able to follow up on it since he's retiring. So a denial now, ESPECIALLY after he hid evidence of a murder, doesn't really hold much weight to those of us around the country who aren't big fans of his because we don't have our homer glasses on.

Simply put...I don't buy the act Ray puts on.
Sure, there is no argument for those who feel like Ray Lewis doesn't have credibility as there are many valid things to support that opinion.

What you also need to consider, however, is the fact that if there is someone who is a part of this story that has even LESS credibility than Ray Lewis, it is the guy accusing him who has been accused, sued, and/or convicted for defamation of character numerous times.

So while it's important to consider the subject - take it from a history teacher - it's more important to consider the source.

A source WORTH listening to - a doctor from the most prestigious medical facility in the world who runs a research lab studying growth hormone.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...hopkins-doctor
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #23
IrocJack

Maybe I should start a Ray Lewis thread?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #24
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Let me put this another way.

Leroy Hill just committed assault on his girlfriend and was arrested. I expect and hope he will be gone from the Seahawks because of that.

Marshawn Lynch committed DUI. I am totally against DUI, having had a girlfriend die many years ago because of a drunk driver. I respect his play as a football player, however I have HUGE issues with him getting a DUI. I used to have pictures of him in my cubicle at work, but immediately took all pictures of him down. If we traded him or something, I would not have an issue with it.

We had several people get suspended or almost suspended because of PED's. To me, this is the most harmless of the things I'm discussing here. I'm not happy about it, however I think this is also a league wide problem...in fact, many sports are having this issue.

It's a matter of degree here.

There are very few players in the league that have gotten away with murder (literally). O.J. Simpson was innocent. And, technically, Ray Lewis was "innocent". The fact that he essentially helped his two friends get off is the issue here. Hiding evidence, being loosely involved with murder? If the Seahawks had a player with that kind of stain on his record, I'd want him off the team immediately.

Ray Lewis has somehow managed to be popular because his fans either don't know about the incident...or choose to ignore the fact that someone lost their LIFE and no one was punished because of HIS actions.

This is why many of us are fed up with Ray Lewis coverage. This man should not be glorified. He's a great player, however I have no problems with and encourage reporters and others to keep asking him why he chose to let a murder go unpunished. This was the most important decision he made in his life, and far more important than the game of football. And, as far as I'm concerned, he's a poor excuse for human for doing what he did.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #25
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Let me put this another way.

Leroy Hill just committed assault on his girlfriend and was arrested. I expect and hope he will be gone from the Seahawks because of that.

Marshawn Lynch committed DUI. I am totally against DUI, having had a girlfriend die many years ago because of a drunk driver. I respect his play as a football player, however I have HUGE issues with him getting a DUI. I used to have pictures of him in my cubicle at work, but immediately took all pictures of him down. If we traded him or something, I would not have an issue with it.

We had several people get suspended or almost suspended because of PED's. To me, this is the most harmless of the things I'm discussing here. I'm not happy about it, however I think this is also a league wide problem...in fact, many sports are having this issue.

It's a matter of degree here.

There are very few players in the league that have gotten away with murder (literally). O.J. Simpson was not guilty. And, technically, Ray Lewis was "innocent". The fact that he essentially helped his two friends get off is the issue here. Hiding evidence, being loosely involved with murder? If the Seahawks had a player with that kind of stain on his record, I'd want him off the team immediately.

Ray Lewis has somehow managed to be popular because his fans either don't know about the incident...or choose to ignore the fact that someone lost their LIFE and no one was punished because of HIS actions.

This is why many of us are fed up with Ray Lewis coverage. This man should not be glorified. He's a great player, however I have no problems with and encourage reporters and others to keep asking him why he chose to let a murder go unpunished. This was the most important decision he made in his life, and far more important than the game of football. And, as far as I'm concerned, he's a poor excuse for human for doing what he did.
Technically - OJ was found not guilty. He then also tried to publish a book titled "If I did it, here's how" - but the Son of Sam clause stopped that from hitting the stores.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
yeah all you guys saying ray lewis is any less of a person for taking something we would all take to heal injury,,,,, Wow!!! the media just cant wait to tear somebody down especially if he is a Christian....So your telling me all of you people who have ever taken steroids to heal from a muscle injury should never be allowed to go to work ......If ray lewis was taking something to gain advantage without having injury than yes i would have issue....I would like to hear from those people who cant wait to bash ray lewis how they have failed to live up to expectation from someone .......Lets see how perfect those people lives r.....compared to what Ray lewis has done and the lives he has touched i would say those people who bash him would be considered cowardliness......bottom line Ray Lewis is a real man, a true warrior who fights for what he believes in not perfect but at least he will admit that he is not , that's more than i can say for those people who bash him....
Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Technically - OJ was found not guilty. He then also tried to publish a book titled "If I did it, here's how" - but the Son of Sam clause stopped that from hitting the stores.
The point I'm making is he got away with murder (O.J.). I remember watching him and seeing how great a player he was. Do I celebrate his life now? Absolutely not.

Ray Lewis may or may not have pulled the trigger. Most people think he didn't, as do I. That doesn't excuse him from essentially being both a witness and possibly an accessory. The fact that he's more concerned about his friends than the family of a murdered victim says a lot about the man.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Why would an innocent man feel guilt ?

In reference to the murders he said he would not talk about them this week. He also said he has to live with the two murders every day and the "guilt" of that is something most people wouldn't understand.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jealous pats fans, pats are the only cheaters, seahawks fans too