Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #43
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I love XM, its a shame they have some douchebags working for them.

please elaborate
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #44
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
palmer,

what jump drive did you get (size) to burn several cds? I did the same thing and could barely fit 1 cd. maybe I was burning the cd and to high of setting and each song is very large in MB.

Loop
Yeah, you're doing something wrong. I am currently burning CDs to a SanDisk 8GB jump drive (cost less than $10) and have 10 CDs on there so far. Total disk usage is 735MB with 6.7GB free space.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #45
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinjc View Post
Why pay people for S@#T radio? Radio is free, just tune to the FM station.
Not too bad if you are local and have choices of good stations. I travel a good bit and it's nice to be able to listen to "Classic Vinyl", "Patriot Radio", "PGA Tour", etc. the entire trip... no matter where. Beats scanning for a new station every 50 miles and settling for something tolerable to listen to. Don't leave home without it.

The only downside is that the Shark Fin SUCKS as a signal receiver.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #46
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopterman View Post
When you purchase an SS you get XM for a year free. Mine is anyway. Says right on the sticker.
It has varied, for some reason. Some get a year, some six months, mine was only three months.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #47
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Some lease cars will have XM,,At a discounted rate for the company that furnish them to their employees..sometimes they may not get shutoff.. I had a Cadillac lease I bought that never got turned off...XM is okay..but I like my IPod just as well...
If you like XM they'll do $25 for 6 month intervals just don't give them your credit card #..cause it'll take many calls to drop them..
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #48
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinjc View Post
Why pay people for S@#T radio? Radio is free, just tune to the FM station.
I hate commercials on free radio and the music i like to listen to isn't radio friendly all the time (metal). So it's worth the $18 a month I spend.
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #49
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
It has varied, for some reason. Some get a year, some six months, mine was only three months.
I've wondered about this as well. My purchase date was 5/10/14. I went on a road trip on 8/9/14 expecting to lose it on the way back. Fortunately, I logged into my account and checked my expiration date to find out that I had it until 5/10/15 - who knew?

The slip in my glove-box when purchasing said complimentary 3 months (probably standard form for all new Chevy's) but I'm definitely still active. Glad I checked or I might not have even turned XM on for the 850 mile trip home.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #50
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
palmer,

what jump drive did you get (size) to burn several cds? I did the same thing and could barely fit 1 cd. maybe I was burning the cd and to high of setting and each song is very large in MB.

Loop
Rip them at 192 in MP3 format. or 320 if you like. You really won't notice the difference. You can also rip them as variable, up to 320 I believe. So it will compress them lower where appropriate.

If you are ripping them in FLAC, that's lossless, so the files will be huge.

You can get 128 gig usb 3.0 flash drives now for under $100.00 I have a 32 gig, which is plenty for me. I prefer the new Patriot flash drives over anything else.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ot+flash+drive

This one should hold just about anybodies music library: http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Supers...ot+flash+drive

And I agree, Satellite radio doesn't compare in sound quality to my music.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #51
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
i have tons of music on my phone, plug it into aux jack and enjoy. can do same with an mp3 player.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #52
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
ok smart ass what are their with no am or fm. I have not listen to am or fm in over 10 years. The only time is when my grands kids or daughter is in the car.they might listen to the FM stations but that is rare. I do not like to listen to 5 minutes of talk and advertizing a 3 song then repeat. Sirius radio 3 minute song 15 sec break repeat. Pandora is nice but you need some thing that uses the internet.
I'm just livening things up lol, but there is IPods, CDs and hundreds of other devices available. I find less talk and advertisements on FM than I ever did when I had XM and you get updates local to your area, on AM well the whole purpose of that is talk radio.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #53
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
If you use mp3 you can get a lot of music on a thumb drive. Ihave 4g drive that I have 323 songs on it. It only used .98GB.
thanks caddy, will have to try it out. I do not remember if my burner offered that option but my 4 gig drive barely has 25 songs on it.

Sirius: octane channel and the all pink Floyd channel!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #54
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I was listening to XM driving around today and the sound was washed out sounding, would rather listen to my Ipod throu the USB connection.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #55
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
The signal gets lost way to often where I live :(
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #56
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post