Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #127
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleFEED View Post
Where is the pu$$y magnet ! Lol sorry I had to go borat on this hahaha
The pu$$y magnet is YOU driving your Camaro! If you ain't gettin' any, you're doing something wrong. Heck, even I got some! That gives the phrase "bang for your buck" a whole new meaning.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #128
slashsnake

Drives: 2011 ss
Sorry. But after complaining that "mandating your preference to everybody" is bad, the next words in your post probably shouldn't be that something "is already more than you need" when talking of your own preferences
slashsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #129
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
Sorry. But after complaining that "mandating your preference to everybody" is bad, the next words in your post probably shouldn't be that something "is already more than you need" when talking of your own preferences
Demanding that an item be mandated to conform to a narrowly defined specific appearance for everybody, and that they be required to always use it

Suggesting that anything more than just the key is not entirely necessary

You don't see any differences? Shame on you if you don't.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-28-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #130
slashsnake

so you get to determine what is necessary for him? Got it.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #131
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
people who havent had automatic climate control and some that have have no clue how it works. You set it to the temp you like and it keeps it there. In ny the temp goes up untill it goes down. and it does it fast. My parents live 35miles away and I have to adjust the temp 5 6 times befor i get there because the out side temp changes that much. In my truck I just set it at 70 and leave it there and never touch it again unless im frozen during the winter and I want it to get real hot to myself warm up. why do so many people hate the idea of automatic climate control. it wouldnt add weight to the car it would make it a few oz lighter actually. this is the 3rd thread on this forum about this that I know of and the last one people were acting like they wouldnt buy a GM if they put it in a Camaro. its in every other entry level car why not a $45k 2SS. if you dont want it get a 1SS.
My wife has automatic climate control on her Malibu and I absolutely hate it. Constantly have to keep turning the knob endless amount of times while your eyes are on the HVAC (read: not on the road) trying to read what temperature you're setting it to.

No thanks. Way too distracting. I'll take the current HVAC system any day over automatic climate control. Without taking my eyes off the road, I can reach over and feel the little "nub" indicator on the knob for where it's pointing to and I can either turn it right or turn it left and it's sufficient.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #132
slashsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
My wife has automatic climate control on her Malibu and I absolutely hate it. Constantly have to keep turning the knob endless amount of times while your eyes are on the HVAC (read: not on the road) trying to read what temperature you're setting it to.

No thanks. Way too distracting. I'll take the current HVAC system any day over automatic climate control. Without taking my eyes off the road, I can reach over and feel the little "nub" indicator on the knob for where it's pointing to and I can either turn it right or turn it left and it's sufficient.
Put it on the hud like the radio. I set my climate and wouldnt change it for weeks. Temp drops, it warms up. Temp goes up, it cools. Dont like using it, click it off and use the a.c. and heater like you always have. It isn't mandatory to run in automatic mode.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #133
slashsnake

And I think that would be a fine fit... hud, climate control, heated seats, etc all in the 2 option package
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #134
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
so you get to determine what is necessary for him? Got it.
I'm not demanding or determining anything of the sort.

Only suggesting where further intrusion of technology could reasonably be judged unnecessary (which still leaves room for optional availability). Of course if you agree with my suggestion you might think I should demand it, but that would not be my intent with this.

Norm
Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #135
slashsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I'm not demanding anything of the sort.

Only suggesting where further intrusion of technology could reasonably be judged unnecessary. Of course if you agree with my suggestion you might think I should demand it, but that would not be my intent with this.

Norm
Ok. It just seemed like you were telling him he didnt need the fob. I have a buddy with kids who swears by that thing on his car.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #136
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Only gripes I have are need for softer interior and push start button.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #137
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Ok. It just seemed like you were telling him he didnt need the fob. I have a buddy with kids who swears by that thing on his car.
Strictly speaking, you don't [need the fob].

But by way of saving your paint from unintentional key scratches around the keyhole it does have more than enough merit, and if the fob is not tied to the same ring as the key it's like having a spare key right there in your pocket should you somehow manage to lock the real key inside. On these two points it's a clear 'win'.

I use the fob at least 99% of the time for unlocking the doors and the trunk on the three cars we own that are so equipped (car #4 is key only).

Norm
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #138
Jcm

Get the passenger seat up higher .electric seat would be great!
Of course a spare for the SS and a wheel well to hold it!
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #139
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post

must not have been working right then. because it should work just as I described. of course i have only had it in a 85 cadillac 08 silverado and a 12 silverado. it worked perfectly in those.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #140
slashsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Strictly speaking, you don't [need the fob].

But by way of saving your paint from unintentional key scratches around the keyhole it does have more than enough merit, and if the fob is not tied to the same ring as the key it's like having a spare key right there in your pocket should you somehow manage to lock the real key inside. On these two points it's a clear 'win'.

I use the fob at least 99% of the time for unlocking the doors and the trunk on the three cars we own that are so equipped (car #4 is key only).

Norm
Agreed. And strictly speaking all you need to drive is a Yugo. Though I wouldnt try to tell someone that.

I personally wouldnt find the proximity door lock big. But I've seen my buddy with his baby and diaper bag and hands full and could tell you that in a car that is a top priority for him now.

Tags
features standard missing