The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #295
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC View Post
Hey guys, I gave my car to the dealership regarding the shudder issue on the 5th of this month (8th day its been with them so far) and they're saying they still need an approval from GM for the torque converter and possibly a whole new transmission! My concern is they're saying it could take upwards of 5 weeks for my car to get back to me (they say they have another camaro with the same issue that's been with them for 5 weeks so far). The car only has 13,000 miles. I'm just wondering if it's normal for them to take this long? I'm also wondering if I have any basis for the lemon law to apply (even though I just want my car fixed instead of having that headache). I bought the car new in Georgia but I live in Florida.
Pretty sure you can only LL a car in the first year of ownership and the car cant have more than 12k miles.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:38 AM   #296
strickerj

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible 8A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Pretty sure you can only LL a car in the first year of ownership and the car cant have more than 12k miles.
The specifics depend on the state; 1 year is the case for my home state of Michigan. I checked a few sources, and it looks like Florida gives you 2 years without a mileage cap, and Georgia is 2 years or 24,000 miles. (I assume Georgia's law would apply as that is where the car was purchased.)
strickerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #297
egypt123

Drives: none
Is the shudder flush covered under the 5yr/50K drive train warranty or just the 3yr-36K bumper-to-bumper warranty? I cannot find a clear answer.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #298
strickerj

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible 8A
Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt123 View Post
Is the shudder flush covered under the 5yr/50K drive train warranty or just the 3yr-36K bumper-to-bumper warranty? I cannot find a clear answer.
If this isn't powertrain, then I don't know what is.

FWIW, I'm past 3-yr/36k, and my dealer covered it under warranty, but as I mentioned further upthread, I had already paid for a transmission flush less than a year ago (with the old fluid) because GM declared this a "maintenance item". Needless to say, if I were charged again less than 10,000 miles later for the same issue, I'd be raising hell.
strickerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #299
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
FYI to everyone...

The latest revision of the shudder TSB (July 8 2019 : 18-NA-355 TSB) now states to go ahead and just do the flush if it has not yet been performed. This is good news, and what GM should have done from the beginning with this latest fluid if they were so confident in it.

It also more or less states that the factories switched over to the new fluid in February of 2019, so 8 speeds built after that date should be good to go.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 07-26-2019 at 01:30 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #300
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Any recommendations as to how to ask for this specific test with Chevy? Around 2017 I took my car into my original dealer for this problem and they waived it off as normal shifting and V4-V6 transition vibration. Ever since its persisted and maybe even gotten more pronounced. The feeling and situation in which it occurs is identical to everyone elses descriptions here as well as the symptoms listed in the TSB. I moved last year and have a new nearby Chevy dealer. At this point is this bulletin and issue something they should already know about and I can request directly? Bumper to bumper coverage is ended but I still have powertain. Should I still be covered for this flush?
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #301
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
Any recommendations as to how to ask for this specific test with Chevy? Around 2017 I took my car into my original dealer for this problem and they waived it off as normal shifting and V4-V6 transition vibration. Ever since its persisted and maybe even gotten more pronounced. The feeling and situation in which it occurs is identical to everyone elses descriptions here as well as the symptoms listed in the TSB. I moved last year and have a new nearby Chevy dealer. At this point is this bulletin and issue something they should already know about and I can request directly? Bumper to bumper coverage is ended but I still have powertain. Should I still be covered for this flush?
The updated TSB states:

"Vehicles that are presented with TCC shudder should have the appropriate fluid exchange procedure completed. Diagnosis beyond the customer complaint is not required if vehicle was built prior to production dates indicated above"...which for the Camaro, is Feb 1, 2019.

Go to your dealer armed with this information. If they say a diagnosis is required, direct them to the July 8th revision for 18-NA-355.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #302
devsfan1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The updated TSB states:

"Vehicles that are presented with TCC shudder should have the appropriate fluid exchange procedure completed. Diagnosis beyond the customer complaint is not required if vehicle was built prior to production dates indicated above"...which for the Camaro, is Feb 1, 2019.

Go to your dealer armed with this information. If they say a diagnosis is required, direct them to the July 8th revision for 18-NA-355.
Thanks for the advice. Just got off the phone with my new local service department and while they said a diagnosis is still necessary he said they've been doing these tests for over a year now so they definitely know how to test for it and make it happen. So if it does happen I'll get the flush. REALLY hope this is what I've been dealing with for the past 2 and a half years and its finally fixed. Even though its a lease ending next April, I'm toying with the idea of keeping this car since I'm over mileage and will be at the end. So I definitely want this fixed NOW and preferably under warranty.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #303
devsfan1830

Quote:
The updated TSB states:

Pushed my service date back due to schedule conflicts but but that I'm thinking on it more, any chance you know where to get a printout of this update? Something to hand to the service rep? I'm considering just not having it fixed now and giving it back at the end of my lease if they're gonna push a bs 200 dollar diagnostic fee on me.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #304
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
Pushed my service date back due to schedule conflicts but but that I'm thinking on it more, any chance you know where to get a printout of this update? Something to hand to the service rep? I'm considering just not having it fixed now and giving it back at the end of my lease if they're gonna push a bs 200 dollar diagnostic fee on me.
Check this out. I posted some images on another thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=76
Old 08-09-2019, 11:28 AM   #305
devsfan1830

Quote:
Check this out. I posted some images on another thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=76
Thanks so much. I emailed the rep who setup my appointment with this info and ask them to have the service tech verify the TSB and requested that I get the flush fully covered with no diagnostic step and fee. If the refuse I'll try another nearby dealership. If neither budge then to hell with it. Its a lease that's up in April 2020. They can just have the damn thing back. Doubt they'll notice it since I'll be on the hook for excess mileage anyways.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #306
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
FYI to everyone...

The latest revision of the shudder TSB (July 8 2019 : 18-NA-355 TSB) now states to go ahead and just do the flush if it has not yet been performed. This is good news, and what GM should have done from the beginning with this latest fluid if they were so confident in it.

It also more or less states that the factories switched over to the new fluid in February of 2019, so 8 speeds built after that date should be good to go.
I was on the phone with my dealer this morning to make the appointment for the steering bolts recall, and the A8 shudder, and some lingering differential groaning when cold.

He knew of the TSB, and in fact mentioned it to me after I described the issue to him, which I thought was a good sign. He also knew of the July revision.

One thing we differed on, which I didn't push on was he thought that the transmission fluid had never changed spec. Am I misinterpreting the comments above about there being a new fluid? I have the earlier version of the TSB, but have not been able to get ahold of the July 8 revision. Does anyone have a copy to share, and does it specify the fluid to use?

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #307
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I was on the phone with my dealer this morning to make the appointment for the steering bolts recall, and the A8 shudder, and some lingering differential groaning when cold.

He knew of the TSB, and in fact mentioned it to me after I described the issue to him, which I thought was a good sign. He also knew of the July revision.

One thing we differed on, which I didn't push on was he thought that the transmission fluid had never changed spec. Am I misinterpreting the comments above about there being a new fluid? I have the earlier version of the TSB, but have not been able to get ahold of the July 8 revision. Does anyone have a copy to share, and does it specify the fluid to use?

Thanks!
My reply is likely too late (sorry) but no, the July TSB revision does not include yet another new fluid. The big change is that it basically states that GM does not need to see a diagnosis of the shudder before hand.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #308
klslelrl

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Thumbs down What about the 2012

What about the 2012 Camaro LT. I had my TC changed about 1 year ago and here I am again same symptoms of coarse I’m now out of warranty I contacted GM only to be told there is no cost assistance or anything to help. This repair should have lasted longer. How do we get other years included in the class action suit. I’ve in the past 2 years put 4,000$ into the ac alone from bad design. Thanks. Any guidance of where to find out how to include us in suit would be of great help.
klslelrl is offline   Reply With Quote