The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
Stingray949

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Very nice, the lady I spoke with was right on the money!

As of yesterday, my Arctic White Z51 has moved from 3000 to 3300 status! Hopefully it will be built within the next 2 weeks and delivered to the dealer before October
Stingray949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
IXLR8

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
My dealer just told me they are making 20 per day right now but will move up to 60 soon. First deliveries will be end of September on their allotment.
IXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #31
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
The C6 in full production mode put out 18.5 units an hour; the C7 has been designed to slightly improve the rate to 20 an hour.

The C6 start was at the rate of every third cradle then moved to every other and by the end of the first week of start was at/close to full production, close to 150 in a day. I would hazard the C7 had a simila4r start.

I have seen the 20 in a day and in the same post reference to 202 CTF and C6 full production at 135. That would be 18.5 X 8 = 148 - 13 to get to 135 with no explanation regarding why 13 had to be subtracted.

Th tape from the bash said over 300 CTFs would be assembled (many of which after updating would go on the used car market) and I am thinking 300 is more than 202 but I could be wrong.

All of these CTFs (no matter the number) were assembled by the workers now building regular production. This would tell me these employees had some experience assembling the C7 in particular before the start of regular production, but there too I could be wrong.

Was 20 the number on the first day? Possibly. Remember the first regular production C7 was to be driven off the end of the line by its purchaser with all the media coverage such an event calls for so the first day may have been less than half of originally intended. But that would be the first day and each day after the rate would have increased. I expect Corvette will report 450 assembled units in the first week.

All the above to put the start of production in context. As some on this board have already discovered, two people can be a part of the same converation with a third, quote the same words attributing those words to the third person, and have a completely different report of what those words said. (Does Tom Hill come to mind?)

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote