The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
DB Cooper

Drives: 2010SS
Hello from the Motor City !

I'm the happy new daddy of a true garage queen. 2010 Hennessey Camaro HPE650, with 3600 miles on the clock. When I first set eyes on this beauty, I immediately thought of the old Monte Carlo SS ad, "Lord Vader, your car is ready."

She's literally traveled more miles in an enclosed trailer down to Texas and back to its original owner than she's run under her own power. Of course all that sitting around comes with a price. Who knows how old the 1/4 tank of gas in it was... she was pretty cranky on the drive home, but topping her up with fresh dinosaur juice helped considerably. The oil looked like it just came out of the bottle, but had been in there since 2018; so I changed that over the weekend.

Immediately after the oil change, all of a sudden she developed a misfire and lit up the ABS, TCS, Stabilitrak idiot lights. So tonight I entertained myself swapping plugs, wires, and coils around to get it isolated. The plugs that came in it are all black; it's probably been started, idled till warm, and shut down a zillion times without any real road time. But I've got her running on all 8 again tonight, and the wheel speed sensor data quit annoying the computer, so that's happy again too.

So yeah, I'm gonna have to do the contortion routine to swap out those #4, 6, and 8 plugs in the near future. And the 11 year old tires are gonna need to be replaced, I'm praying the tire shop doesn't butcher those lovely Hennessey wheels ! I'll probably get ahold of my high school buddy who built my 3800SC Fiero and have him order the tires and put them on.

Anyway, the TLDR version.... Ol girl makes my first gen CTS-V seem tame by comparison

...and PICS !
Attached Images

Last edited by DB Cooper; 03-22-2021 at 10:10 PM.
DB Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:15 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #4
DB Cooper

Thanks guys ! I'll be sure to bug everybody here when an issue pops up that isn't a no brainer
Old 03-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #5
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Nice! Welcome!
Old 03-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #6
Supreme23

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
beautiful and congrats op! welcome to the forums.
Supreme23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:45 PM   #7
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Welcome and congrats!!
Nice ride!!
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #8
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
awesome congrats
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:42 AM   #9
bertie

Drives: 2001 Camaro
A totally sweet ride, man! Congrats and welcome
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:14 PM   #10
DB Cooper

Thanks guys ! At this point I've got all the fluids changed, injectors are flowing good again (fuel trims were initially like +20, now down to about neutral), and I got the rear tires replaced. Tire shop ran into valve stem issues getting new rubber on these 3 piece wheels, and were only able to dig up 2 oddball stems that would work on short notice. So they're going to hunt down a couple more and shoot me a call. Meh, I'm driving it in the meantime anyway
Attached Images

Last edited by DB Cooper; 04-04-2021 at 02:51 PM.