The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 11-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Jalopnik: Driving the Chit Out.... + ...Can't Stop Winning Awards

Driving the Shit Out of the Best Performance Cars You Can Buy!
By Travis Okulski. http://jalopnik.com/driving-the-shit...u-c-1371519527

"You have 13 of the hottest cars you can buy today sitting in front of you. You also have a bunch of airport runways that were closed off to make a road course. What do you do? You drive the shit out of all of them.

So what were the cars? Indulge me, because here are all of them: Audi R8 V10 Plus, BMW 435i, BMW M6, Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (yes, a C7), Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, Ford Fiesta ST, Jaguar F-Type, Jaguar XFR-S, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S Wagon, Mercedes-Benz SLS Black, Mini John Cooper Works GP, Nissan GT-R Track Edition, and the Porsche Cayman S.

Chevrolet Corvette Z51:
Holy shit. Holy shit. I knew the 2014 Corvette would be good. I didn't expect it to be this good. Nearly everything is dead on. The gearbox is bliss, even the gimmicky rev match feature. Turn in is crisp and it has loads of grip.

I need a lot more time in one, but I'm far more impressed with the Vette than I ever was with the C6 Grand Sport I drove last year. It's an epic achievement. Can't wait to get a proper test in the car."

-------------------------------------------

The 2014 Corvette Can't Stop Winning Awards!
By Travis Okulski. http://jalopnik.com/the-2014-corvett...rds-1464132107

"Choosing it as a (performance) car of the year might sound like a cliche to a lot of you, since it's clearly the car with the most buzz this year, but it's also the best choice out there. I didn't get to vote with the rest of the guys as I didn't do the whole test/I don't work at R&T, but my vote almost definitely would have gone to the Corvette."
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote