Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
EddieM92
Instagram- _2sslow_

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Maggie & Heads question

I got a really good deal on a Maggie TVS2300 and a set of texas speed CNC Heads. I’m just curious as to how much a shop should charge to install these parts? Thanks

2011 Camaro LT RS (Sold)
2011 Range Rover Sport HSE (Sold)
2016 Camaro 2SS NPP, TSP headers & Xpipe, Skid e85, CAI Intake, MSD IM, 95m TB, BigPowerRacing Tune, H&R Lowering springs, BMR sway bars
EddieM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
It just depends on the shop. Most supercharger installs range from 15-2000. I imagine the heads would be another 500-1000.00 in labor. I think you should do a cam with a fuel lobe before heads. Then you come to a cross roads of doing forged drop-ins while it's apart. The rabbit hole is a deep dark place.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Shocker91

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, Silver
as king stated the rabbit hole is a scary dark place where alot of things can happen to your wallet.

when adding a S/C onto the LT1 in stock form with canned tune is lacking but does give enough power to some owners. but with any upgrade in power it can get boring. sadly with just a S/C added your prety close to the limits of your stock fuel system so moving up is now going to need a cam with 32% fuel lobe tapping out the stock fuel system completely, you can squek by with a low side aux kit or voltage booster but not really a wise choice. and the list and explanation can go on and on just a reference.

the question you should consider is what is your goal? If the stock canned tune is enough power for you and youre 100% sure you dont want more than that then just go with the S/C and call it a day, use the canned tune as they run rich for safety, or get a custom tune from a reputable tuner such as Pray, Jannety, or GPI keep it safe and get more specific tune for you setup.

If you want to get more power in the future and progress the build then LT4 Fueling upgrades, Cam, heads, lowside Aux kit, Meth, intakes, Throttle bodies, headers, and etc are going to creep up on you fast. just prepare for it the 6th gen is capable of so much and has been a blast to build! Cheers.
17 2SS, Pray Performance Forged/Stroked 416, 2.9 Whipple (Pray ported), Stage 2.5 Pray ported heads, RotoFab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm TB, Pray Performance stage 3 forced induction cam, 8.855” crank shaft lower pulley, 3.00 S/C pulley, LT4 Fueling, SMG auxiliary fuel system, 2' TSP LT headers with X-Pipe, Magnaflow Competition axleback, Mighty Mouse Wild catch can, Hurst Short Shifter. Tuned by Pray Performance. 1011WHP/982WTQ
Shocker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
EddieM92
Instagram- _2sslow_

[QUOTE=KingLT1;10768350]It just depends on the shop. Most supercharger installs range from 15-2000. I imagine the heads would be another 500-1000.00 in labor. I think you should do a cam with a fuel lobe before heads. Then you come to a cross roads of doing forged drop-ins while it's apart. The rabbit hole is a deep dark place.[/QUOTE

Well it’s just the supercharger no intercooler and I got the heads for too good of a deal so I have to get them installed. That’s the thing if I do cam also right now then imma have to do drop ins and then after everything I’m down around 12k haha

2011 Camaro LT RS (Sold)
2016 Camaro 2SS NPP, TSP headers & Xpipe, Skid e85, CAI Intake, MSD IM, 95m TB, BigPowerRacing Tune, H&R Lowering springs, BMR sway bars
Old 04-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #5
EddieM92
Instagram- _2sslow_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker91 View Post
as king stated the rabbit hole is a scary dark place where alot of things can happen to your wallet.

when adding a S/C onto the LT1 in stock form with canned tune is lacking but does give enough power to some owners. but with any upgrade in power it can get boring. sadly with just a S/C added your prety close to the limits of your stock fuel system so moving up is now going to need a cam with 32% fuel lobe tapping out the stock fuel system completely, you can squek by with a low side aux kit or voltage booster but not really a wise choice. and the list and explanation can go on and on just a reference.

the question you should consider is what is your goal? If the stock canned tune is enough power for you and youre 100% sure you dont want more than that then just go with the S/C and call it a day, use the canned tune as they run rich for safety, or get a custom tune from a reputable tuner such as Pray, Jannety, or GPI keep it safe and get more specific tune for you setup.

If you want to get more power in the future and progress the build then LT4 Fueling upgrades, Cam, heads, lowside Aux kit, Meth, intakes, Throttle bodies, headers, and etc are going to creep up on you fast. just prepare for it the 6th gen is capable of so much and has been a blast to build! Cheers.
At the moment I am full bolt on so with the supercharger it should give me a bit more power than stock with a blower and I am getting a custom tune from my shop Big Power Racing. I’m thinking of sticking to this right now and after a while gunna get a fuel system and do a cam then too.

2011 Camaro LT RS (Sold)
Old 04-16-2020, 11:46 AM   #6
Shocker91

Drives: 2017 2SS, M6, Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieM92 View Post
At the moment I am full bolt on so with the supercharger it should give me a bit more power than stock with a blower and I am getting a custom tune from my shop Big Power Racing. I’m thinking of sticking to this right now and after a while gunna get a fuel system and do a cam then too.
if you're planning for a future build then it seems you know the cost that is going to show up when you do i ran my whipple on LT1 Fueling for a few thousand miles with 599 WHP and 671 WTQ before i sent my car off to PRAY for a motor build. Just have your shop handle it all and keep the tune modest and you will be okay till you're ready to build again. The "itch" comes fast though lol.
17 2SS, Pray Performance Forged/Stroked 416, 2.9 Whipple (Pray ported), Stage 2.5 Pray ported heads, RotoFab Big Gulp, Katech 103mm TB, Pray Performance stage 3 forced induction cam, 8.855” crank shaft lower pulley, 3.00 S/C pulley, LT4 Fueling, SMG auxiliary fuel system, 2' TSP LT headers with X-Pipe, Magnaflow Competition axleback, Mighty Mouse Wild catch can, Hurst Short Shifter. Tuned by Pray Performance. 1011WHP/982WTQ
Shocker91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:05 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
If you're already taking the heads off I'd go with a cam at least. A cam swap will cost you around 1500-2000. To be honest without a cam there isn't a big reason to do the heads. The first thing you should ask yourself is what power level are you trying to reach and start getting some quotes from there. 550-600 is pretty easy but after that your pistons are at risk.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
supersportss

Drives: 2019 SS
Call Ted Jannetty, he explained in detail to me what the LT1 needed to be safe and make around 550 hp with a maggie , I was told with supporting fueling mods that was the max the stock LT1 fuel system could do safely, it would also need a JMS system to support the stock fuel system. The tune is also important which he said he can do. Smart guy and great customer service.
supersportss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersportss View Post
Call Ted Jannetty, he explained in detail to me what the LT1 needed to be safe and make around 550 hp with a maggie , I was told with supporting fueling mods that was the max the stock LT1 fuel system could do safely, it would also need a JMS system to support the stock fuel system. The tune is also important which he said he can do. Smart guy and great customer service.
I ran my Maggie on almost stock LT1 fueling for a while. I did have a ZL1 low side pump, but adding a JMS to the stock pump probably would be okay. Ted Jannetty tuned the car remotely. It made 568whp on a 95mm pulley.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:59 AM   #10
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
If pursuing a PD blower, I wouldn't spend any money on headwork until you have all fuel supply issues updated (LT4 HPFP, LT4 Injectors, 38% fuel lobe and a low side kit).

You can outrun the LT1 fuel system with that blower by itself, and the factory heads are no real restriction until you are running like 13-15lbs of boost or more.