Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #15
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Stig View Post
If it makes y'all feel better, my 17 year-old son likes the 2018 better.
17 year olds generally have excellent eyesight.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #16
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Same here. My 17 year old son, likes his 2017 RS better and so does his soon to be 63 year old lifelong Chevy Dad.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #17
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Your son and everyone else.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:02 PM   #18
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
Chevy just lost to Ford!
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:18 PM   #19
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
Chevy just lost to Ford!
No my friend, they haven't lost anything and i wouldn't buy a Ford still over a Chevy regardless of a shitty refresh. The 19' SS needs some dental help at this present time, so just enjoy what you have...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:59 PM   #20
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
No my friend, they haven't lost anything and i wouldn't buy a Ford still over a Chevy regardless of a shitty refresh. The 19' SS needs some dental help at this present time, so just enjoy what you have...
i was planning to swap to the new 2019, but not anymore
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life

Last edited by OMEN; 04-11-2018 at 12:56 AM.
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #21
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
The front I can live with...
Those taillights are absolutely awful though...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #22
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Back to the drawing board. I am surprised in this day and age why manufacturers don't run some sample renderings by enthusiasts first. A simple poll would make sure they don't make any giant blunders like this.

I don't agree that these refreshes need to grow on you. You should see it for the first time and be like that is awesome.

Here’s the thing though - lots of people saying they hate the new rear end, lots of people saying they love it.

I for one am in the love it camp (the new lights and rear fascia that is).

So even running some sample renderings past enthusiasts isn’t going to get any agreement on what’s a good look or not.

More people hated the rear end on the last refresh than loved it - at the time anyway, now everyone appears to claim it was the best rear end of any of the recent Camaros...

Mo matter what the refresh was, there was always going to be people who love it and people who hate it. If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring, albeit peaceful existence!

If this goes anything like the last refresh, as soon as people start seeing them in the flesh the swell of opinion starts to change towards actually liking them.

Granted, I do think this refresh is more polarizing than last time round
Old 04-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #23
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I am in the camp that likes both pre and post refresh.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #24
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
It will be interesting to see what happens with sales, and if all the experts here are correct or not. One thing I find very curious when many of us were hoping General Motors would have a low-cost V8 option people were saying Chevrolet is smart they do product research they are a billion $ company they’re not stupid they know what the customers want , they do research and people don’t want a low-cost V8. Now the same people who don’t like the refresh are saying General Motors is stupid , this car is ugly they don’t do any product research they don’t know what people want. Blah blah blah. LOL
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #25
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
GM styling has really improved of late, but this seems like they re-hired some of the Pontiac designers (non-solstice). The 2018+ Mustang lowered the front end and Ford released the mid-cycle update early because they felt the Camaro had simply outclassed them. I suspect they thought people liked the lower front end too. I think this update will appeal to the speed hole and random bulge crowd and not to the folks who like a clean design.
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #26
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Just how do they find future buyers and how many were consulted? Just wondering.
Like this.......
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #27
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
I think the convertible version is an improvement, at least in silver. The regular coupe version overall is a step backwards. The big problem is the headlights, side bits of the front bumper that angle inward like shields, the front bra strap, and the elimination of the aggressiveness built into the hood.

I do like the idea of extending the grille further. I also like the thinner bottom part of the front bumper, it meets the edges of the front of the car more elegantly. The wheels look nice. The A10 will be nice. I do prefer a single scoop over nostrils.

Would've been nice to see a step forward aesthetically. The 5th gen to 6th gen was that.

I don't quite understand why they haven't done folding mirrors, a gas cap lock, very slight improvements to rear seat usability (plus headrests for the backseats that pop up), and lumbar support in the seat standard!

I think a big issue is with Chevrolet systematically not honoring their warranties, and the Camaro getting recent bad press for reliability. That, and the back seats aren't quite good enough to say "the kids fit just fine" (unless if they're under 10).

The car is also getting advertised at high prices, when lower priced entry level options are available. Perhaps this differs from region to region, but in my area, I had no idea I could afford a Camaro. I'd always seen ads showing the car at $20k+ more than its base price & never cared to research much further.
Bad press? Where?

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #28
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
They did. They ran it by future buyers (like me), not current owners that bought a model that's resulted in dwindling sales. Y'all have already proven you don't know what works well.

Everyone will come around, but you'll do it as slow as Iron Duke.
Way to follow up your response by being a bit of a @ss.

Look at the polls here and on the other sites. Look at the poll broken down by age groups. Look at the thousands of comments everywhere on all car websites.

Now tell me you still think this design is going to sell really well based on looks alone.