The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: Ask Al Poll #6
Chevy Performance Parts 1LE Suspension Kit Questions 29 80.56%
Is the 3.6L CAI + ECM flash offered for 2018 models like it is for 2016 & 2017? 0 0%
Is Stealth exhaust mode damaging at the track? 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
The last I heard they were waiting to test with the new snowplow package.

In all seriousness, if they can't make time to answer a question every month or so they probably should just tell us they don't have time. This thread has the potential to be awesome, but we need a little quicker turnaround to keep people interested in writing questions.
This thread will be awesome in it's own time whether it's answered now or a month from now. It's just not something to get all worked up about.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #30
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This thread will be awesome in it's own time whether it's answered now or a month from now. It's just not something to get all worked up about.
I'm not worked up. I guess I was hoping Ask Al would have a question/answer frequency closer to Ask Tadge. Al's answers have for the most part been great, but so are Tadge's.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but we're probably missing out on some great questions because people aren't motivated to write 'em if only a couple per year get answered.

I really want Ask Al to be successful, and I appreciate the Camaro team voluntarily agreeing to participate. I fully understand they don't have to answer any questions. As a business owner though, if I tell one of my customers I'm going to do something, I don't drag my feet doing it. Even if it's something I'm not obligated to do at all, my response is timely.

It just seems like they'd be a little more motivated to interact with their most loyal customers. I get the feeling Ask Al has become a burden to them.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)

Last edited by travislambert; 11-08-2018 at 12:01 PM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #31
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Like the gentleman above me said,

this "idea" of a sub-forum was AWESOME and I truly think me and everyone on this forums appreciates the hard work you mods do behind the scenes. Getting this going was also freaking awesome. But this was just honestly a massive let down, period... We are all passionate about the car and when we have serious questions, would love answers from the man(s) himself; this sub-forum was our chance to get the truth we seek. I saw this as the opportunity to come here full of anger because my car XYZ issue, ask Al and get an awesome response as to why my 6th gen doesnt have front facing camera. Leave going "Damn, i never would have thought of that. I'm glad he explained it."....

Instead it genuinely became extremely confusing on getting a question to "win" the CHANCE to get answered, then that question gets submitted, then we wait... If we are lucky we would get 12 questions answered a year.. Seriously? 12? Steve Jobs answered 12 questions a DAY... This was a marketing ploy for them and they quickly got cold feet IMO.

Now add to it the B.S marketing responses I feel we have gotten and now the lack of interaction from the Camaro team. I can honestly say that they aren't answering because they are busy. I find that to be a very weak excuse. No man is every too busy to take 5 minutes out of his day to answer some questions on a board. Not only that, Al has an ENTIRE team working with him. One of those folks can jump in at any time... What I think is going on is

1-They saw the amount of "anger" coming out of these questions. (They probably expected this to be a marketing play and in return got more questions in a anger category than they expected)

2-Have way too much approval process to get a single question answered....

I genuinely believe Al and his team monitor these forums for un-solicited feedback but also to keep tabs on possible issues with the car.

I hope this turns around and Al and his team create an account and just come in here and start answering questions themselves, that would be a real winner.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
↑↑↑ So how much of this impatience is due to so much other information being instantly available via internet search, or at worst (generally) a day or two for questions posted in other sections of this very site?

Al and the team have to do better than simply offer opinion on a knee-jerk basis.

Norm
Old 11-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #33
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Al and the team have to do better than simply offer opinion on a knee-jerk basis.

Norm
Do you feel Tadge's answers are knee-jerk? I don't. I think they are just as thorough as what's been provided by Al, and Tadge responds in a fraction of the time.

At some point it doesn't make sense to continue defending the delays. The implication that Al and his team need months to provide a quality response is nonsense. Just call it what it is and quit making excuses.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #34
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Do you feel Tadge's answers are knee-jerk? I don't. I think they are just as thorough as what's been provided by Al, and Tadge responds in a fraction of the time.

At some point it doesn't make sense to continue defending the delays. The implication that Al and his team need months to provide a quality response is nonsense. Just call it what it is and quit making excuses.
I agree the answers could be more timely, but I'm happy with getting around 6 questions answered per year (much better than not having this platform at all!). All things considered, I think the team is doing a good job of answering our questions with the level of detail I was hoping for.

Regarding Tadge's responses vs. Al's, if we hone in on just the first question answered (regarding how no-lift shift works), both chief engineers answered this same question, but Al's response was much more thorough and actually gave details in how it's calibrated. I was hesitant to use the feature before his response, but now that I know how it's supposed to work and is tuned, I use it all the time at the track and can feel the benefit of it.

For this suspension kit question, if they are actually going off and collecting lap time data for us (as mlee has mentioned), I'd gladly take any delay associated with that as I think the answer will be much more meaningful and thorough if back to back comparison tests are conducted on the different kits. Especially with the weather now, I'm in no rush to upgrade the suspension.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #35
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Do you feel Tadge's answers are knee-jerk?
I was talking about near-instant forum replies.

Al and Tadge do have to put a bit more thought into their answers than that.

Norm
Old 11-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #36
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
↑↑↑ So how much of this impatience is due to so much other information being instantly available via internet search, or at worst (generally) a day or two for questions posted in other sections of this very site?

Norm
While I can 100% agree that today we are acustomed to instant gratification/information, my statement was not based on that attitude or experience. I'm just expressing myself in a dissapointed manner. Like most of us here, I truly love my car and this gave me an awesome opportunity to get inside the mind of those who built it, but it's kind of a bummer when you dont know when you'll get an answer and the likes... I just feel this could have been (still can) a very interactive sub-forum and it's not living up to the fullest potential.

Again, some questions on here don't require more than a few lines from the masterminds; others, I can understand are a bit more in depth and should be thoroughly vetted by the team before being posted.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #37
samsumon

Quote:

I think a good reason for this is maybe the legal department over at Chevy. Having worked corporate before, it should come as no surprise that most of the time creatives and those who want to speak, are surpressed by tiers of approvals.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:20 AM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Best answer of them all right here...

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542333
Old 12-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #39
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
What's Ask Tadge? Is that another subforum or something?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #40
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
What's Ask Tadge? Is that another subforum or something?
It was the inspiration for Ask Al. Tadge is Tadge Jeuchter, lead engineer for the Corvette. He answers questions, like Al does here, asked by the members on CorvetteForum.com. Thats a completely different site than ours (unlike Corvette7), not a subforum or anything.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #41
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ask Tadge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It was the inspiration for Ask Al. Tadge is Tadge Jeuchter, lead engineer for the Corvette. He answers questions, like Al does here, asked by the members on CorvetteForum.com. Thats a completely different site than ours (unlike Corvette7), not a subforum or anything.
Thanks!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote