The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: If you hit someones car at a parking lot and no ones watching would you leave?
Yes, I will leave 3 5.36%
No, I'll stay or leave a note to the owner 53 94.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #29
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I was extremely upset to find someone did this to my last SS and drove away. Had to make a claim against my own insurance.

I wont be that guy.
Attached Images

SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #30
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Instant, or otherwise, karma is fickle. I’m not testing it or my luck. Leaving a contact note.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:23 AM   #31
mendelfincher

Drives: Camaro GM LLT V6
I won't run. Of course, there might be some cameras. And you can't be sure if no one watched you. In this case it's better to be responsible for things you did. In other case, you will have problems.
mendelfincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #32
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I tried...

One day I had to go to court for something to do with my divorce. this was like 6 years ago. I was running late and in a hurry. I ended up barely kissing the door of another car with my front bumper as I was pulling in with my truck. Left some nasty scratches about 4 inches long on the door. I grabbed a piece of paper and left a note really quick with my name and info, but I was in a hurry so it wasn't easy to read. When I was done with my stuff, the car was still there so I re-wrote the note so it could be read. It was a pretty clean older Cadillac. You could tell someone spent a lot of time making it look nice. I felt bad, but I did leave a note.

About a month later I realized that I was never contacted about the car I scratched. It was really weird, because it looked like a "car guy's" vehicle and I was sure someone would be wanting my insurance information. I never did get a call. The only think I can think of is the person was at court for something he didn't want his wife knowing about (or vice versa). To deal with the damage, the person would have had to reveal where they were that day. Sucks for them. I tried to do the right thing.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 AM   #33
Benman

Drives: 13 IOM 2ss RS manual
2 or 3 years ago I hit mirror to mirror with another Silverado while backing out of a parking space at a restaurant. Did no damage to mine but broke the glass in the other truck. I had no way of knowing who the other truck belonged to so I left a note with my contact information. I told my wife it would really suck if the truck I hit was a youngster borrowing daddy's truck and had to explain that to them. Turned out that was exactly what it was, ended up costing me about $250, small price for a clear conscience. I just wish the same could be said for whoever hit my Camaro with their truck door in my work parking lot.
Benman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #34
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I've done it myself and left a note. I've also been hit and would have appreciated a note as well, but not everyone is honest anymore