Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Forced Induction

Old 02-11-2017, 01:08 PM   #1
DonHood

Drives: G8 GT
LSA Conversion Parts

Read carefully the descriptions on everything, I'm going to try and be a thorough as possible. Most parts have been on my G8 for the past few years.

- Rotor Section -

This rotor section is one I purchased a few years ago, pulled from a CTS-V for the isolator recall. Reportedly had less than 20k miles on it then, maybe another 15-20k added to it since I installed it. Isolator has been replaced with solid unit, and locator dowels on bottom have been ground off so it could be installed on non-LSA heads. Snout currently has Metco interchangeable hub pressed on with 2.4" pulley installed. Beauty cover is missing from pulley (threadlocked the bolt and everything and it still shot off going down the road one day ). Rotor coating is showing wear, but nothing unusual (I believe methanol is hard on them, despite what the companies claim). Absolutely no bearing noise or any play in shaft. Has been on and off my car a few times, so although intake gaskets still look good, probably wouldn't be a bad idea for some new ones.

- Complete ZL1 Lid -

I purchased this lid brand new from the dealership when I first did my install. Comes complete with all sensors, brick, gasket, etc. I had problems with the intercooler brick collapsing under high boost, so I took it out and reinforced it with an aluminum plate on the end tank. Coolant manifold has been ported and converted to -10AN fittings.

- ZL1 Fuel Rail -

Purchased new with Lid

- Injector Dynamics ID850's -

Installed in the last 10k miles or so. Super nice at idle and low rpm compared to other injectors. SOLD

- LSA Drive Parts -

I have everything to drive the blower. Bracket that bolts to water pump, tensioner bracket with tensioner and pulley. Both stock LSA idler pulleys, and upgraded Metco idlers (larger top for better belt wrap, smaller bottom to clear balancer ring). Metco sent the wrong spacer for the upper pulley, so I just used some washers behind it. Tensioner bracket has been clearanced since it interfered with my wire harness. All stock parts were purchased from dealer with everything else.

- LSA Stock Balancer -

Take off from CTS-V. Has been pinned to my crank previously so, there is a dowel hole from a 5/16" drill bit.

- ATI Super Damper -

Also available is an ATI Super Damper with AC pulley. Super low miles. Accepts interchangeable balancer rings, and comes with 9.17" Lingenfelter ring. Hub has also been previously pinned, but replacements are available from ATI. One of the torx bolts tried to wallow out when removing it, so it's boogered from an easy-out. Replacements are available from ATI. ARP reusable crank bolt.

- ZL1 Fuel Pump -

Purchased new from dealer along with other stock parts. Modified to be mechanically regulated to 60 psi instead of using a FPCM. Still have original parts so can be converted back in 5 minutes if need be. Comes with harness and adapter for G8 lines. (May be same as 5th Gen?). Still installed, will try and remove this weekend.

- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump -

Newer version. Comes with all parts including hobbs switch and wiring. Currently still installed on my car, but I'll try and pull it off this weekend.

- BTR Stage II Supercharger Cam -

227/242 .614"/.592" 122+6. Been in the car a few years now. Has a couple of very small scratches on two lobes. Tried to get pics as best as possible. Very light, can't even catch a fingernail on them, and they're barely inline with the lifter roller. Would probably be fine to run as is, but would easily clean up with super fine emery cloth. Bearing journals are all good.

I also have odds and ends, including ZL1 EVAP line, ZL1 brake booster line, multiple 8 rib belts for various pulley combos, ZL1 beauty cover, multiple intercooler pumps (Bosch 392022002, and a beastly Pierburg CWA-50), GT500 intercooler reservoir, GT500 intercooler, large CXRacing intercooler, and home made 4" aluminum intake tube with welded in LS3 MAF card bung and tapped for dual methanol nozzles.

Not sure how to price everything, but I think $5000 is a deal for everything listed considering the amount of upgrades and extras. If I'm off base, let me know. I'll knock some off accordingly for anyone wanting to opt out of some of the upgrades, and might be able to scare up a set of factory LSA injectors to replace ID850's. I wouldn't blame anyone here for wanting to opt out of the intercoolers since y'all can run factory ZL1's cheaply and easily. The large intercooler I have though is way larger, and fit in my car with removal of the windshield reservoir and plastic shrouding, and a couple tabs welded to the frame rails. The intake I made should work for y'all as well, considering the similarities between G8's and Camaros, I can't make any promises though. It draws air from behind the bumper/in front of inner fender well.

I've tried to be 100% honest and thorough, as I know I hate dealing with ambiguous ads and surprises when your package arrives. As far as I'm aware, this should be everything you need to install on a Camaro. I'm not sure of any major differences between a Camaro and G8, other than I had to switch to an LS3 water pump to mount one of the brackets that you should already have. If anyone knows of anything clue me in. All the harness extensions are super easy to do with some cheap wire and solder, or waterproof butt connectors. I'll include the -10AN push-loc fittings for the lid, and a roll of 5/8 line. If using the big pump though, it'd be wise to upgrade to larger.

Here's some pics, let me know if you want any specific photos or have any questions. Thanks!

Installed in my car:

Large intercooler:

LSA stock balancer:

ATI Balancer and Ring:

Rotor Section:

W/Lid:

8 Rib Drive parts:

CWA-50 Pump: (Bosch still currently installed)

Intake:

Cam:

Update: 2/20/17

Supercharger kit back up for sale. Not really looking to part out the main "kit" at this point, so it can come with your choice of balancer, and other one I'll part out. I'll adjust pricing based on which balancer you'd like with it, and whether or not you want to try my intake on a Camaro.

Last edited by DonHood; 02-20-2017 at 09:52 AM.
DonHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Punisher_ATX

Drives: 2010 SS
how much for the rail? Also interested in injectors.
Punisher_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:27 PM   #3
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
Price without injectors,bap or cam
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
DonHood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ATX View Post
how much for the rail? Also interested in injectors.
Injectors $550 shipped as long as I have the other parts sold with someone wanting without any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hou30guy View Post
Price without injectors,bap or cam
Including multiple pumps, intercoolers, intake etc? EVERYTHING minus ID850's, BAP and cam I'd do for $4100, you cover shipping.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
DonHood

I should also add that this setup made 17+ psi on my cammed, lowered compression, full exhaust 6.0, so it will blow a stock engine up in short order with the most aggressive pulley combos .
Old 02-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
hou30guy

Yeah i got a 408 stroker ready for fi. But im thinking LSA conversion might be a choke hole for it
Old 02-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #7
DonHood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hou30guy View Post
Yeah i got a 408 stroker ready for fi. But im thinking LSA conversion might be a choke hole for it
Depends on how much compression and boost you're running. Higher compression motor with the blower pulley'd down some would probably work well. These things make a ton of heat though when you move them out of their efficiency range, like being overdriven to feed a low compression stroker.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
Punisher_ATX

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHood View Post
Injectors $550 shipped as long as I have the other parts sold with someone wanting without any.

Including multiple pumps, intercoolers, intake etc? EVERYTHING minus ID850's, BAP and cam I'd do for $4100, you cover shipping.
id do $550 shipped for the id850's just lmk
Punisher_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #9
DonHood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ATX View Post
id do $550 shipped for the id850's just lmk
Ok you'll be first in line if I get the other stuff sold for sure.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
hou30guy

Yeah thats the only reason why i bought everything else expect my pistons , once i knew what fi i want then i purchase them that way they can work together instead of overspinning to make up for the other
Old 02-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
hou30guy

I like ur price ill pm ya
Old 02-11-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
1Slow6.2

Drives: 2013 1LE camaro
Willing to separate the lid? If so I'd take it off your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1Slow6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #13
Sithlordzid

Drives: Pontiac G8
How much for the lsa balancer?

Also the stock lsa drive system?

Also interested in the lid.
Sithlordzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #14
DonHood

Sale pending on the majority of the parts.

Fuel pump, BAP, intercoolers, cam, and ID850's are still for sale.

Fuel pump - $175 with adapters sound ok? Honestly don't know what they go for used. Vaporworx mechanical regulator allows it to be used on vehicles without fuel pressure control units like my G8. Adapter fits the crossover line in my tank. Not sure if either is of any value 5 Gens or not. I can remove them and turn it back into a stock pump if need be.

Kenne Bell BAP - $200 shipped

ID850's - $550 shipped and Punisher gets first dibs.

Intercoolers - Best offer

Cam - $250 shipped

Last edited by DonHood; 02-12-2017 at 09:16 AM.