The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 07:23 AM   #57
Rafael205

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I haven't been on the forums in a while, but can't believe this political crap is on here too.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:49 AM   #58
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
I haven't been on the forums in a while, but can't believe this political crap is on here too.
Well since you are here

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #59
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
2x as many people died from heart disease than from Covid in 2020.

Why aren't you complaining about the fat people eating Twinkies and not exercising because they are burdening the healthcare system way more than any other group?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm
Heart disease can be hereditary. But I'd be happy to include smokers in that mix.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #60
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael205 View Post
Covid and vaccines are political? Who knew?

Has anyone considered that after receiving vaccines with 'zero' side effects that you were given a placebo? Med pro family members have suggested this is certainly going on and the vaccinated are part of a blind placebo study - the kind of study that should have been done to greater extent before releasing it to the world. They are numbered and tracked. Someone knows exactly what was given.

And speaking of releasing to the world, that should have been done AFTER a pandemic, not during. Now the actively spreading virus (by both vaxxed and unvaxxed) gets to "play on the playground" of the vaccinated and learn how to end-around the vaccine. Much like Delta has proven. We're likely to be headed for a super-mutant that kills 1 in 3 on the planet. Largely thanks to the growing, ineffective vaccines.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #61
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Covid and vaccines are political? Who knew?

Has anyone considered that after receiving vaccines with 'zero' side effects that you were given a placebo? Med pro family members have suggested this is certainly going on and the vaccinated are part of a blind placebo study - the kind of study that should have been done to greater extent before releasing it to the world. They are numbered and tracked. Someone knows exactly what was given.

And speaking of releasing to the world, that should have been done AFTER a pandemic, not during. Now the actively spreading virus (by both vaxxed and unvaxxed) gets to "play on the playground" of the vaccinated and learn how to end-around the vaccine. Much like Delta has proven. We're likely to be headed for a super-mutant that kills 1 in 3 on the planet. Largely thanks to the growing, ineffective vaccines.
Read the article in post 30. I have no real opinion but it is pretty interesting to get his view point.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #62
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Read the article in post 30. I have no real opinion but it is pretty interesting to get his view point.
Good article. It really paints a pretty dire picture and alludes to my notion of a monster mutant that renders vaccines useless. But, it also has an incredible fear element that would have you wondering how mankind ever survived ANY pandemic. And how I and others made it through 5 decades or more and counting. Yet somehow, I did and we do.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #63
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Thank you for posting the definition showing they are separate words with separate meanings and usages. Interesting approach to make a semantic argument then provide evidence that undermines it...
An item can be regulated by the FDA and not have FDA Approval.
I've made my point. No need to drag it out any further by splitting hairs and having hurt feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
I assume there would be more complaints if obesity, hypertension, high cholesterol, etc., were as contagious as COVID.
Obesity, hypertension, and high cholesterol are all preventable with exercise, proper diet and medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
Heart disease can be hereditary. But I'd be happy to include smokers in that mix.
Hereditary.... maybe. Let's assume they can't exercise and eat properly to ward it off, or limit its effects.

Smoking? 100% preventable.

I'll tell you what.... Let's be absurd...

I'll spot you 50% of the heart related deaths as being "hereditary". That would mean an equal amount of Covid deaths and preventable heart disease deaths.

I don't understand why the burden on insurance and the healthcare system is somehow acceptable for one, but not the other?
Old 09-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #64
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
I think/hope you're wrong on this. I am betting that it will be more like the flu.
80% have flu like symptoms and are fine. 18% seem to need some sort of medical treatment to be cured.

The variants are acting the same way. What I think will happen is, like the flu, the "vaccine" will have to be updated yearly to ward off (or attempt to ward off) the most active strain for that year.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #65
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
I mean anything is possible but this sounds like conspiracy talk to me. This would be a lawsuit to end all lawsuits and jail time if it ever got out that this was happening. If there was real substance to something like this, it will come out. I know some people think there’s a massive government - corporate - media operation to control all this, but I don’t buy it. People can’t keep secrets. Who knows tho, maybe I’m a chump.

Quote:
Viruses don’t learn. They just randomly mutate when an error occurs in copying itself. A mutation may infect a vaccinated person, but it will certainly then also infect an unvaccinated person - i.e. all unvaccinated people will be infected by a mutation but only some vaccinated people will be. By lowering the total number of infections, you lower the total number of mutations. In short, vaccinations don’t create the possibility of super-mutants; infected people do that.

p.s., just tying the post 30 article in, Covid is definitely here to stay in some form; just like the flu it is something we will have to deal with going forward just because the way it mutates can bypass our immune response. Contrast this with something like measles which because of the way it infects the body, mutations either still looks likes measles to our immune system or the mutation prevents the virus from successfully infecting the body.

Last edited by KenKat; 09-01-2021 at 11:11 AM. Reason: p.s.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:17 AM   #66
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Obesity, hypertension, and high cholesterol are all preventable with exercise, proper diet and medication.
That does not make them communicable diseases.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #67
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
I've made my point. No need to drag it out any further by splitting hairs and having hurt feelings.

Hereditary.... maybe. Let's assume they can't exercise and eat properly to ward it off, or limit its effects.

Smoking? 100% preventable.

I'll tell you what.... Let's be absurd...

I'll spot you 50% of the heart related deaths as being "hereditary". That would mean an equal amount of Covid deaths and preventable heart disease deaths.

I don't understand why the burden on insurance and the healthcare system is somehow acceptable for one, but not the other?
I'm down for that. If you choose to do something that puts you at risk for certain illnesses that could otherwise be prevented then sure. I'm all about protecting people that have no control over their medical conditions, but if you knowingly caused it because you didn't take precautions or were knowingly reckless then yes, it should be on your dime. Include not wearing seat belts while driving or a helmet while riding. I'm tired of covering stupidity.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #68
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
I'm down for that. If you choose to do something that puts you at risk for certain illnesses that could otherwise be prevented then sure. I'm all about protecting people that have no control over their medical conditions, but if you knowingly caused it because you didn't take precautions or were knowingly reckless then yes, it should be on your dime. Include not wearing seat belts while driving or a helmet while riding. I'm tired of covering stupidity.
A lot of companies have started charging smokers.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #69
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
I think/hope you're wrong on this. I am betting that it will be more like the flu.
80% have flu like symptoms and are fine. 18% seem to need some sort of medical treatment to be cured.

The variants are acting the same way. What I think will happen is, like the flu, the "vaccine" will have to be updated yearly to ward off (or attempt to ward off) the most active strain for that year.
My other fear is, since it’s now pretty widely accepted that this was created in a lab...somewhere, (KenKat, that too was a full blown, get you canceled for merely suggesting it, conspiracy theory too, until it no longer wasn’t) that this man made pathogen will not behave like a natural one. As in, it doesn’t seem to be mutating LESS contagious and deadly liked they had hoped.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #70
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
A lot of companies have started charging smokers.
That makes it tough here in NC where the state vegetable is the tobacco plant

Closed Thread