The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-06-2023, 08:51 PM   #197
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Lol! Ok. You want me to post so you can shoot it down. Ok. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Enjoy your EV or whatever it is you drive.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:56 AM   #198
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I have pointed out in other posts, some in this thread, that energy companies are already moving forward on replacing their power generation footprints. In Michigan for example, the two largest utilities are committing to eliminate coal by either 2040 or 2050. I’m at a conference right now and don’t have the exact detail at my fingertips. They are replacing coal with hydro, natural gas, solar, wind, and varying combinations of those.

My team is also in the process of doing studies for several regional utilities across the country to help them develop their strategies to improve their carbon footprint. Today’s power generation is not what will be in place by the time BEV are the majority of vehicles sold (mid 2030s).

How was the rest of CES?
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:34 AM   #199
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Is that an opinion or can you actually point to statements from credible sources that make that position? I have never heard a soul who I’d characterize as a greenie say anything remotely similar to that. Maybe I’ll learn something today.
Have you learned yet? I posted plenty of links. Now NY is banning appliances fueled by natural gas. Does that convince you? For someone supposedly involved with climate change activism you seem remarkably uninformed.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/01...iances-n523010
Old 01-12-2023, 07:20 AM   #200
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
You know another way to decrease emissions, drive the car you have longer, especially if it's newer and more fuel efficient. An inconvenient truth, but true nonetheless. Manufacturing new vehicles more often can produce more greenhouse gases than continuing to drive the car you have now. I'm guessing GM would not suggest we do this.

And they can come take my gas stove

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:37 AM   #201
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
There’s no facts proving that over all an EV has a smaller carbon footprint. The math just doesn’t add up. People just bend information to fit their own narrative because they dislike ICE vehicles for some reason.
You guys dont believe your own government either huh?
https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

If you dont fancy that one try Reuters:
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...rs-2021-06-29/

And I know its not the case in the US (yet) but here in the UK - literally as I type - we are using coal for 1% of power generation and gas for 0%.
How can that not be cleaner?
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 07:55 AM   #202
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Have you learned yet? I posted plenty of links. Now NY is banning appliances fueled by natural gas. Does that convince you? For someone supposedly involved with climate change activism you seem remarkably uninformed.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/01...iances-n523010
Thanks for the links. Some interesting stuff there. Seems to be along the fringes and I sure as hell hope it stays on the fringes. Haven’t posted back in a while because I’ve been really tied up at CES, as well as CES related write ups.

Not sure what to make of the gas appliance thing. That seems to have sprang up out of nowhere in a matter of days.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 08:53 AM   #203
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwra View Post
https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

If you dont fancy that one try Reuters:
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...rs-2021-06-29/

And I know its not the case in the US (yet) but here in the UK - literally as I type - we are using coal for 1% of power generation and gas for 0%.
How can that not be cleaner?
I heard you also have about 3,500 'warm banks' for the people who can no longer afford to heat their homes. My daughter lives in England and reports utility bills have skyrocketed. Of course she's doing quite well so it doesn't really impact her, but the lower income people are getting crushed.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/...living-crisis/
Old 01-12-2023, 08:55 AM   #204

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It's been determined by the Feds that the same mothers who attend school board meetings also use a lot of gas stoves, so the gov't has reacted accordingly...lol

Name:  gas cops.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  45.8 KB

It's old news here in California. Once again, we "lead the way" lol. But, nah, your state won't be affected (just like with the future end of ICE sales). New laws also coming soon that all new home construction and re-models must be all electric. Google it. It's no secret.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...eaters-by-2030

Just for fun...So Cal Gas Co prices..:https://www.socalgas.com/for-your-bu...ces/gas-prices

Last edited by 90503; 01-12-2023 at 09:22 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #205
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
I heard you also have about 3,500 'warm banks' for the people who can no longer afford to heat their homes. My daughter lives in England and reports utility bills have skyrocketed. Of course she's doing quite well so it doesn't really impact her, but the lower income people are getting crushed.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/...living-crisis/
WTF does that have to do with anything? Changing the subject as clean energy production torpedoes your entire argument?

BTW we also have free healthcare, vacations from work and a social system that doesnt let people starve, but I guess its swings and roundabouts eh?
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:50 AM   #206
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
How was the rest of CES?
Actually it was fairly good. Ram introduced their Revolution EV truck. Very similar to Ford Lightning and Silverado EV in concept and configuration except for two things.
  1. They say they may offer an optional range extender to put more range into the battery when it is near depletion. Think Chevrolet Volt.
  2. They took the Avalanche / Silverado midgate concept to the next level. They can fit material from the tailgate to the frunk. 18’ total with the tailgate up.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-12-2023, 02:15 PM   #207
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Good reading.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...being-lied-to/
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 02:38 PM   #208
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
WTF does that have to do with anything? Changing the subject as clean energy production torpedoes your entire argument?

BTW we also have free healthcare, vacations from work and a social system that doesnt let people starve, but I guess its swings and roundabouts eh?

You're bragging about how clean your energy is and I'm pointing out that it's so expensive you have people who can't afford to heat their homes.
Those seem related to me. It's nice and clean, but you have to have over 3,500 places designated so people can go there to avoid freezing to death in their own homes!

Personally, I'll take energy that is slightly less clean, but that I can afford to enjoy in my own home rather than in a shelter.

Just me, clearly you guys do it differently over there.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:13 PM   #209
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
You do not lie. Well researched, well written.

Old 01-12-2023, 08:48 PM   #210
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
This may be the most unintentionally funny thing on this board ever
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote