Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Cosa

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Not Happy About this

Long Story Short I've been out of town for a month so my car is really dirty.

But I took it to get gas and noticed these weird cracks and discrepancies in the paint. Anyone know what I should do about this or has experienced this before?

They have to be new because they were not there before I left and I just tried to wipe it off to see if it was just residue or whatever But it looks like its in there and I'm upset.
Attached Images

Cosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:08 AM   #2
Stubbsy

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Could be tree sap or bird poo, if polish won’t remove it must have eaten into clear coat.
Stubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:14 AM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Damn that sucks! Was it parked under a tree? Looks like something dripped on it, like bird droppings, sap or something with an acid base that eat through the clear coat and possibly into the paint. If that's the case, you can try using some rubbing and polishing compounds to buff them out; but, if it's through the clear coat, it will need to be repainted.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 AM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Hard to tell, it looks like dried out sap though.

But the middle one you have highlighted with the square, that's weird. If mine, I would try compound and maybe a wet sand on the smaller ones, but that wrinkled and cracked one is going to be a toughie. The paint looks to be lifting there. Be careful and start by getting it cleaned before you touch it any further. Looks like it could use a good clay barring.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I thought that first picture was an aerial view of two atomic tests from Bikini Atoll in the 1950s!
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
not trying to offend anyone but from the 1st picture, i can clearly see that the car is in desperate need of paint correction

i would take the car to a good detailer and:

1. wash with a foam cannon
2. rinse
3. wash with a foam cannon
4. hand wash with a grit guard using the 2 bucket system USING SOFT DISHWASHING SOAP to remove all the wax, oild, and anything else left
5. CLAY BAR to remove any ooxidation, contaminants or any other impurities than can/will be smeared by the polish

AND THEN you're ready to begin the paint correction process. If the paint correction doesnt get it, you may have to lightly wet sand the area.

If that doesnt get it, then the only thing left is to repaint

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote