Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
LongIslandCamaro

Drives: Camaro
How much worse is v6 camaro insurance over a genesis coupe?

I know everyone is different but on average how much worse is the 2013 1LT insurance over a 2013 hyundai genesis coupe 2.0

ive been leaning towards getting my first camaro instead of a genesis coupe but everyone is saying the genesis' insurance will be alot cheaper

i know its a simple call to my insurance company but because of my work schedule I probably will not get around to calling them until Thursday.

im 21 but it will be going under my parents plan.
LongIslandCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
on my v6 when i had it i was paying i think $72 a month. I know you didnt ask but wit the v8 i now pay $77 a month. it really does vary on the person, location, age etc..
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Just contact the company and ask for a quote, if you are going under your parents insurance then you only have one choice for company really. Just call and ask, to many variables for anyone to give you an accurate answer on here. Quotes are free.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Mmmmm....

So you have time to post a question that requires us to know how much coverage you want/need, your driving record, how many miles per year you drive, etc. etc etc. but you can't go on line to the literally hundreds of on-line insurance sites for your answer?

Huh?

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
if I were to guess, it would be roughly the same amount. who ever told you it would be much cheaper, probably doesn't know what they are talking about.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Revrider550

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS
My 2013 v6 is just under $300 more a year than my 2010 impreza was which I also bought new so I can't imagine the difference from genesis to Camaro would be much at all
Revrider550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
smh. 1 star
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Mmmmm....

So you have time to post a question that requires us to know how much coverage you want/need, your driving record, how many miles per year you drive, etc. etc etc. but you can't go on line to the literally hundreds of on-line insurance sites for your answer?

Huh?

Seriously, how is ANYONE here supposed to know this for you? Unless someone's an insurance agent, ain't nobody gonna know!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post

Seriously, how is ANYONE here supposed to know this for you? Unless someone's an insurance agent, ain't nobody gonna know!
This internet forum won't be able to give you an reliable answer on how much money you will save on insurance on similar cars.

Recommend getting a VIN number from a Genesis couple from autotrader and call your insurance company for a quote. Even more fun to do it online.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
I switched from the V6 Genesis to the V6 Camaro and insurance was about the same.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
like everyone else has said only way to know for sure will be a call to the ins. co...

you may be surprised though when you compare.. I don't think it will be that different.. comparing the v6 Camaro to a v4 accord sedan it was cheaper by $200 over 6 months.. that was the only other car I got quoted.. guy explained it as the Camaro has cheaper parts being domestic and has been around for years..

I was thinking genesis too when I was looking at what to get, and this was my pro con

Hyundai
+interior
+vision
-Hyundai (this hurts a lot)

Camaro
+American
+better exterior
-visibility

in the end, the customer service I got from Hyundai sucked... and i really wanted a car with manual/sunroof and the Camaro came out the cheaper option...
TBH the Hyundai badge really hurt the genesis.. also if cars were to transform into people based looks the Hyundai would be female and the Camaro a superbuff butt kicking man's man

.:edit:.
visibility almost completely turned me away, but after driving it for almost 5 months, all other cars have more vision then necessary
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
I had a first year 2010 Genesis Coupe. It was the 2nd mirabeau blue 3.8 track model stick in the country. Let me be the first to tell you...after 2 yrs of ownership, it had several window motor replacements, everything rattled, 2 transmission replacements, headlights that wouldn't stop fogging, tail lights that leaked, and ECU that had to be replaced.

I"m sure your first thought is...oh..he had a lemon...take a few moments and read most of gencoupe.com and you'll see thats typical for that half ass built piece of %#(*%#.

I've loved my camaro since day 1 and never looked back. Disregard the difference in costs...and pay attention to the whether you want it sitting in the dealership most of the time, or on the road most of the time.

Problem solved.

Also, don't let Hyundai brag about warranty, they tried to weasel their way out of every fix.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I had a first year 2010 Genesis Coupe. It was the 2nd mirabeau blue 3.8 track model stick in the country. Let me be the first to tell you...after 2 yrs of ownership, it had several window motor replacements, everything rattled, 2 transmission replacements, headlights that wouldn't stop fogging, tail lights that leaked, and ECU that had to be replaced.

I"m sure your first thought is...oh..he had a lemon...take a few moments and read most of gencoupe.com and you'll see thats typical for that half ass built piece of %#(*%#.

I've loved my camaro since day 1 and never looked back. Disregard the difference in costs...and pay attention to the whether you want it sitting in the dealership most of the time, or on the road most of the time.

Problem solved.

Also, don't let Hyundai brag about warranty, they tried to weasel their way out of every fix.

Nuff said....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
I switched from the V6 Genesis to the V6 Camaro and insurance was about the same.
I stand corrected...unless someone's an insurance agent OR they've had both, they ain't gonna know!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote